RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Sun May 11, 2008 9:45 pm

One more update for the weekend...

Version 1.53 Update May 11, 2008 Installer for v 1.53
- Fixed bug that sometimes tagged the wrong text :oops: This occurred sometimes if you had opened the Dockable Panel or Form, tagged something, then changed the web page you were viewing in the Panel or Form, then tried to tag something.
- Added "Ext" button (for "external browser" to the Dockable Panel and Form to launch the current web page in an external brower (see screenshot)
- Added code to automatically add the Web Lookup Node at startup
- Fixed code so if you open a new Form while one is already open, it kills the first form before opening the second one (to prevent lots of forms from showing up on screen)

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Mon May 12, 2008 9:45 pm

I just thought I'd mention that since I installed 1.53 I've been getting access violation errors whenever I open MM 1170 debug. I've sent the reports to the devs so hopefully it's something they can pin down but I thought I'd let you know. MM seems to work fine otherwise, just the error that pops up on start up.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Mon May 12, 2008 10:10 pm

hmm - I'm running 1170 also with no issues. not sure what's going on. Does 1.52 load with no errors?

I added a timer on startup to load my Web Lookup Node. Other scripts (e.g. WebNodes) kill any web nodes loaded before them, so I delay when I load them to make sure it loads - perhaps this is causing a problem. Can you try removing or commenting out the lines 386-389. You can still load a web node as usual, it just doesn't autoload at startup.

Code: Select all

'create the Web Lookup Node - uses a timer in case other scripts delete web nodes when they run
Dim iWebNodeTimer
Set iWebNodeTimer = SDB.CreateTimer(1000)   ' Load the web lookup node after startup
Script.RegisterEvent iWebNodeTimer, "OnTimer", "WebNodeTimer"

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Tue May 13, 2008 5:05 am

I do have WebNodes installed and I noticed with 1.53 that now my Web node is expanded on startup. It never did that before. No, I never had problems with 1.52 and 1170.

I'll give your fix a try after lunch.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Tue May 13, 2008 7:52 am

spacefish wrote:I do have WebNodes installed and I noticed with 1.53 that now my Web node is expanded on startup.
It's my script that is expanding the webnode - I'll change that in my next update. Hopefully changing the code I mentioned above will resolve your access violation errors on startup. If not, I'll need to do some sleuthing to see what else I changed :oops:

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 am

I commented out that bit of script you posted above and no errors on startup. Hope that helps!
WebNodes

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am

thanks! I'll look into it to see if I'm doing anything wrong in the way I handle the web node creation. I may just have to not automatically create my Web Lookup Node until the user actually selects it.

Glad it's working for you. Any other comments on functionality or wish-list for added features?

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Tue May 13, 2008 12:27 pm

The only thing I can think of at the moment is perhaps the option to make categories "favorites" or have the last used lookup (e.g. Discogs) show up at the top of the list. I find it a little bit monotonous to always have to "find" the one I'm looking for. I use Discogs daily and probably AllMusic half as much with a couple others once in awhile. It would be convenient to have the most recent or most used categories at the top though I do feel the alpha-sorting should remain. The script is otherwise perfect for me! :)
WebNodes

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Tue May 13, 2008 1:32 pm

spacefish wrote:The only thing I can think of at the moment is perhaps the option to make categories "favorites" or have the last used lookup (e.g. Discogs) show up at the top of the list. I find it a little bit monotonous to always have to "find" the one I'm looking for. I use Discogs daily and probably AllMusic half as much with a couple others once in awhile. It would be convenient to have the most recent or most used categories at the top though I do feel the alpha-sorting should remain. The script is otherwise perfect for me! :)
Thanks! You could edit the ini file to place your most used websites at the top of the list - the menus load in order as they are in the ini file.

I'll also look at creating a "recent" site drop down that is selectable from the Panel or Form. I'll work on that this weekend - it seems easy enough.

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Tue May 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks, I'll see what you come up with before editing my .ini. It will probably be exactly what I'm looking for so I won't have to worry about updates overriding my changes.
WebNodes

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Tue May 13, 2008 4:48 pm

spacefish wrote:Thanks, I'll see what you come up with before editing my .ini. It will probably be exactly what I'm looking for so I won't have to worry about updates overriding my changes.
No problem. I have written the installer so that it asks for your OK before overwriting the ini. So you could customize it without worrying about it being overwritten automatically. On install, you can say no to overwrite the ini. You should have seen this with 1.52 & 1.53.

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Tue May 13, 2008 9:29 pm

onenonymous wrote:
spacefish wrote:Thanks, I'll see what you come up with before editing my .ini. It will probably be exactly what I'm looking for so I won't have to worry about updates overriding my changes.
No problem. I have written the installer so that it asks for your OK before overwriting the ini. So you could customize it without worrying about it being overwritten automatically. On install, you can say no to overwrite the ini. You should have seen this with 1.52 & 1.53.
Yeah, that's true. I forgot. I do that sometimes. :P
WebNodes

justin_f

Post by justin_f » Tue May 13, 2008 10:20 pm

I was getting the access violations on startup after the installation as well. Commenting out those lines seemed to take care of it, like spacefish said. I was distraught when the errors happened. I don't think I can live without this script. :D

MPG

Update more than one song

Post by MPG » Tue May 13, 2008 11:22 pm

First off, let me say thanks to a great script. Really like it!

Is there any way to update all of the songs currently selected in the library and not just one song?

I am doing album updates, and it sure would be nice to update all of them with one click!

MPG

onenonymous

Re: Update more than one song

Post by onenonymous » Wed May 14, 2008 8:02 am

MPG wrote:First off, let me say thanks to a great script. Really like it!

Is there any way to update all of the songs currently selected in the library and not just one song?

I am doing album updates, and it sure would be nice to update all of them with one click!

MPG
Thanks, I think it will be possible - I just need to think through the user interface piece to ensure you don't accidentally tag more than intended.