Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nyCecilia

Post by nyCecilia »

OMG, this is possibly THE most amazing script alive! (I do firmly believe that scripts can take on lives of their own :D)

But one question: When I get lyrics for a group of songs, most have no highlighting, some have (dark) yellow highlighting, and occasionally there are blue highlighted songs.

The highlighted ones all appear to have title and artist repeated below the original in italics, although there seems to be no difference.

What does all of this mean? Anything?

Thank you so much for sharing!
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

nyCecilia wrote:But one question: When I get lyrics for a group of songs, most have no highlighting, some have (dark) yellow highlighting, and occasionally there are blue highlighted songs.
Discussed three post above yours:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 530#150530
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
nyCecilia

Post by nyCecilia »

Thanks, I actually read that post but got lost in something else that was being discussed at the time :-/ I think I was also hyperventilating, having found lyric nervana.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
D Rock
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

This is indeed a totally awesome script.

Two questions - not even requests, since I hesitate to ask for anything when this does so well:

Is there any way to identify "just misses" for some titles and "not really correct" hits for others - other than one by one?

I use magic nodes to identify lyric tracks, and the best I've come up with is to look for albums that have only one or two misses - often because a tiny mis-spelling, or extra comma keep lyricator from finding anything. Then again, sometimes there just ARE one or two misses.

Secondly, I then look for albums that have only one or two Hits - often those are grabbed from something similar, but it isn't really quite right.

Other than that, it's just trying to put [Instrumental] or maybe [Audio Book] in these fields.

Has anyone figured out any good/better ways to "finish the job" after lyricator has done most of the work? What do others do?

Second question - FOR things that are instrumental/classical - is there possibly a "Comment-ator" place to search for information to put in the comments field? It would be great in the mini-lyric/comment window to have a discussion of the classical piece if such text were available.

Thanks to anyone for any thoughts!
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

On a few of my entries, I am receiving

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

or

Too many connections

I haven't finished this (750) searches, but my ASSUMPTION is that the lyrics will end up being exactly these lines.

Is this normal? Is there a way to make it not happen - or do I just search for this and then delete them?

On another topic - as I watch these 750 searches occur, it sometimes is obvious (instrumental I didn't catch, etc) that no lyrics will be found - it would be wonderful if there were a way to intervene - a button to say 'ok, just stop and move to the next one'. ---- Just a thought.
micstermarvin

Post by micstermarvin »

I am also getting the error "Too Many Connections" on some of my searches.

If I disable "www.LyricsWiki.org" I no longer get that error, but my searches seem to take longer.

I checked a few songs that were having this problem and noticed that under Properties ---> Details ---> Involved People these songs had a bunch of info such as:

Code: Select all

producer;Terry Date;producer;Deftones;engineer;Scott Olson;mix;Terry Date
I cleared all data from this field (Involved People) and then re-activated www.lyricswiki.org and performed another search. It found every song, returned no errors, and finished really really fast.
micstermarvin

Post by micstermarvin »

Oops! I forgot to say thanks for this script... Thank you very much. Even with the few bugs so far, it works really well.

It would also be great if there was a faster way to get to Lyricator, like a button on the toolbar. I think this was something listed in the "What's Next?" and I just wanted to encourage you to add this feature. I'm in the process of tagging thousands of songs and every little second saved really adds up!

@Seeker - In the Lyricator Dialog that pops up I've been just unchecking the ones that say "Too many connections", if you leave them checked then it will write "Too many connections" to the lyrics field which is kinda funny but not very helpful. I would try selecting a bunch of songs and then try clearing the "Involved People" field for those songs and retry your search.
micstermarvin

Post by micstermarvin »

Ok, heres another quirky bug...
I noticed on several of my Green Day songs I was getting this message/error "Lost connection to MySQL server during query". Again this seemed to be www.LyricWiki.org returning this message, but if I disabled LyricWiki it would take a really loooooong time for it to find any matching song info (perhaps the error is effecting the other searches also?).

I investigated these Green Day songs that were failing and noticed they all had Green Day listed as the "Composer". After clearing this data from the "Composer" field, Lyricator found the lyrics in the blink of an eye.

I tried looking at a few other bands that have been returning "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" but haven't found any connection yet.
micstermarvin

Post by micstermarvin »

Okay, I ran into something else that's similiar. I've been trying to tag some songs from Hole and each song was taking like a minute before Lyricator would spit out a result. It wasn't erroring it was just taking a really long time.

I noticed that within Lyricator it was searching for artist "Hole;Courtney Love" and once it had found the song the name of the band, "Hole" was in bold. I looked at the song properties and noticed that the Lyricist tag had a value of Courtney Love. Now all of this information is accurate, Courtney Love is the Lyricist and the band name is Hole. Once I removed the data from the Lyricist field, Lyricator returned the correct lyrics in a flash.

It appears that some of my songs have too much information? Every now and then I will get the errant misnamed tag, but for the most part my songs have extremely clean information which is very accurate.

It's understandable that if my song is tagged wrong it will take longer to find a close match, but having too much *accurate information seems kinda funny. Perhaps there is a way to have Lyricator ignore all of those extra fields that are confusing the results?
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

micstermarvin wrote:It would also be great if there was a faster way to get to Lyricator, like a button on the toolbar.
Onenonymous's Right Click For Scripts will make all scripts available under Tools -> Options -> Scripts available via a tool bar button or right click.
D Rock
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

micstermarvin wrote:Perhaps there is a way to have Lyricator ignore all of those extra fields that are confusing the results?
Uncheck "Attempt All Artists". Pretty much all of your reported problems would be solved by this. You don't need to clear fields, just uncheck that option and the script will only look for lyrics for <Artist>.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
micstermarvin

Post by micstermarvin »

@spacefish - Thanks for the tip! Sorry to bring up a non-issue :( This is my first day using this wonderful script. I managed to get 95% of my songs tagged with lyrics within just a couple of hours.

@drjboulder - Thanks for the link to that "right click" script, it works really well!
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

micstermarvin wrote:@spacefish - Thanks for the tip! Sorry to bring up a non-issue :( This is my first day using this wonderful script. I managed to get 95% of my songs tagged with lyrics within just a couple of hours.

@drjboulder - Thanks for the link to that "right click" script, it works really well!
Glad to be of help!
Wish that all of these awesome scripts were available prior to me spending weeks doing what they do in secs. :P
Gotta love the Monkey and the community of scripters that make it the absolute best tool for managing your music library!!!!
D Rock
sugarman

Post by sugarman »

superb script

and the initial posting had me laughing away

genius - simply genius