Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dypsis

Re: Search Other Lyrics Sites

Post by dypsis »

Seeker wrote:Any way to search sites (like allthelyrics.com or sites like that) other than the default ones in the options?
RightClickForWeb With Tagging does it. And it does it well.
barkoz

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by barkoz »

it seems to affect my autorating from Auto Accurate. And what happens if I select a track that already has lyrics, will it overwrite?
If you don't want to overwrite existing lyrics just uncheck the box (the one that gets a tick in it when lyrics are found) an easier way I have found is to open tracks you want to find lyrics for in MM main panel, go to top bar and right click to show drop down menu for the titlebars and check the 'Lyrics' then click on the bar to shuffle any tracks that have lyrics in them to the top or bottom of the window, select the ones that don't, then hit Lyricator button. This saves the time of searching for lyrics that you already have.
Seeker wrote:
Any way to search sites (like allthelyrics.com or sites like that) other than the default ones in the options?
I believe that sites must have winamp plugin, and Right Click does work but painfully slow if you are trying to tag thousands of tracks already in your library. Really only of any use to tag new stuff as you go. The Web Panels are a better option though, much faster than click, click clicking away, just select the first track and play it as soon as your track is tagged go to the next track, you only have to listen to 10 or 15 seconds of every track and bob's your uncle. Do a whole album in a few minutes. The two default sites for Lyricator are very accurate.
Last edited by barkoz on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SenorFunkyPants

Post by SenorFunkyPants »

OK I used Lyricator with MM on about 600 files and uploaded the modified mp3s to my iPhone (version 1 on fw 2.02) using iTunes.
The problem is for about half the songs the lyrics wouldn't show. However if I use Evillyrics with itunes to add lyrics (on a song by song basis) then they work fine on the iphone.
I don't know if this information is of any use to you, perhaps iTunes/Evillyrics handles the tags slightly differently?
nyCecilia

Post by nyCecilia »

Sadly, I'm getting a lot of
"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/www/html/lyricwiki.org/server.php on line 157
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/lyricwiki.org/server.php on line 158
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/lyricwiki.org/server.php on line 1385
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/lyricwiki.org/server.php on line 1512
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/lyricwiki.org/server.php on line 1385"

Any idea how to fix?
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

As always - GREAT SCRIPT.

But to address the previous message, I'm sure I "accepted" some lyrics that basically had mysql_connect in them - since I do these by the 'hundreds'.

Similarly, I know some of my lyrics are in other languages than English.

Any way to 'search' these situations to rectify them? Sure, not lyricator, but maybe magic nodes or regfind/replace or something like that?
nyCecilia

Post by nyCecilia »

Hi Seeker,

It turned out to be an issue with one of the dbs Lyricator was querying. When I went to options and un-checked Lyrics Wiki, I stopped getting the sql error. I know it was working properly before, so my best guess would be is maybe the lyricswiki people decided they didn't like so many pings or perhaps they made a db change that stopped the query from working properly. (I generally query no more than an album or two at a time.) Interestingly enough, although Lyrics-Songs says that it's unreliable, when I checked it I started getting more hits than ever, and good ones too (although I'm sure I'll have a bit to clean up later).

HTH,

c
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Yes - this is great stuff here in this script.

The issue (for me) is if you didn't uncheck the my_sql error, that's what ended up in your lyrics field.

Since I sometimes check thousands at a time (and go to dinner while it works), I KNOW I have many my_sql lyrics! So I want to find them and kill them, shall we say.
nyCecilia

Post by nyCecilia »

Well, I can't imagine that there are too many songs with the lyrics my_sql in them...although now I'm tempted to write one, so maybe there are geeks like me out there who did that.

So maybe there's a way to use one of those SQL viewer plugins to search for that "word" so you can identify which songs are mis-lyric'd?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Seeker wrote:Yes - this is great stuff here in this script.

The issue (for me) is if you didn't uncheck the my_sql error, that's what ended up in your lyrics field.

Since I sometimes check thousands at a time (and go to dinner while it works), I KNOW I have many my_sql lyrics! So I want to find them and kill them, shall we say.
Don't know if you have gold, but if so you could just use an auto-playlist to find them. You could also do an advanced search (click the magnifying glass next to the search bar)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Cool - always finding new things - advanced search is cool and solved this for me.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Now if I could figure out a way to find non-English lyrics easily.
nyCecilia

Post by nyCecilia »

nohitter151 wrote:
Seeker wrote:Yes - this is great stuff here in this script.

Don't know if you have gold, but if so you could just use an auto-playlist to find them. You could also do an advanced search (click the magnifying glass next to the search bar)
Great idea! I didn't know it could do that.
nyCecilia

Post by nyCecilia »

Seeker wrote:Now if I could figure out a way to find non-English lyrics easily.
hehe, I wish I *could* find non-English lyrics, but sadly support for spanish songs is weak. oh, well.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Seeker wrote:I know some of my lyrics are in other languages than English.

Any way to 'search' these situations to rectify them? Sure, not lyricator, but maybe magic nodes or regfind/replace or something like that?
Yes, RegExp Find & Replace could be used for such thing. If you want to find non-English characters, you could take a look at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 62#p164362.

If you want to find some non-English words, just specify them all separated by "|" (with checked option "Regular expression 1"). For example: por|que|los|de|le.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

AMAZING Script!