Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Also, it would be really nice if the window auto-closed after saving the updated tags.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

J:\Music\N\Nine Inch Nails\1995 - [Halo_10] Further Down the Spiral v1\10 - Nine Inch Nails - The Beauty of Being Numb.mp3

does not seem to like something about this track and others like it.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Teknojnky wrote:Also, it would be really nice if the window auto-closed after saving the updated tags.
I second this!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

spacefish wrote:
Teknojnky wrote:Also, it would be really nice if the window auto-closed after saving the updated tags.
I second this!
Third this.
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

Teknojnky wrote:Lyrics to Instrumental

8)
If it is of any interest, there is another similar batch lyrics field updater script here that fills in the lyrics field with what you want.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... cs+updater
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Teknojnky wrote:J:\Music\N\Nine Inch Nails\1995 - [Halo_10] Further Down the Spiral v1\10 - Nine Inch Nails - The Beauty of Being Numb.mp3

does not seem to like something about this track and others like it.
It may not be relevant, but while I investigate this, could you post some of the database data associated with the file (artist, title, composer, conductor, etc)? I've used the beta hundreds of times on thousands of files at once and have yet to encounter this, so I have no idea what's going on (yet). Does it consistently error on the same file every single time?

das
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

unchecking 'attempt all artists' appears to fix/prevent the error

title: The Art of Being Numb
artist: Nine Inch Nails
genre: Industrial
album: [Halo_10] Further Down the Spiral v1
album artist: Nine Inch Nails

involved people: additional guest;Aphex Twin

Once I cleared the involved people field, the error was gone as well.
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

There is something really funky going on here. I'm glad you copy/pasted that info, or I may never have seen it. This must have something to do with international character sets or something outside my scope of knowledge.

From what I am seeing, there is an unrecognized special character between the semi-colon and the capital "A" in your involved people. VBScript reports the ASCII code for that character as 63, but 63 should be just a simple "?".

Does anyone have any insight into this? I'm out of my element here.

I'll put an option for closing after saving in the next version.

das
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I figured it was because of the semi-colon.
chiggyman

not showing up

Post by chiggyman »

I have the same problem as a previous user on page 5/6, the Lyricator script does not show up in the script list unless I open as administrator.
Ive checked the scripts.ini file and the entry is there, I cant see why its not there when I run normally.
Ive even tried specificially setting access rights for my user account as admin but still no luck unless i specificially right click and choose run as admin.
Any thoughts?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

another idea to consider for future versions:

mark tracks as lyrics not found:
either a standard comment in the lyrics field or perhaps allow a selectable custom field.

This way auto-playlists can be created to filter out tracks which you have already attempted to find lyrics on.. and then conversely, you can easily find those tracks which were not found to manually update them.

simple example

set lyrics = "[NO LYRICS FOUND]"

manual lyrics autoplaylist: lyrics contain "[NO LYRICS FOUND]"
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Teknojnky wrote:another idea to consider for future versions:

mark tracks as lyrics not found:
either a standard comment in the lyrics field or perhaps allow a selectable custom field.

This way auto-playlists can be created to filter out tracks which you have already attempted to find lyrics on.. and then conversely, you can easily find those tracks which were not found to manually update them.

simple example

set lyrics = "[NO LYRICS FOUND]"

manual lyrics autoplaylist: lyrics contain "[NO LYRICS FOUND]"
I like this idea, it would save me a step :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
stenbak

Post by stenbak »

Hey great script! Just wondering what the different colors mean?
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Which source the information was found at, don't know the exact referencing though :(
thegoldenvision

Runtime error using Lyricator

Post by thegoldenvision »

das Monkey wrote:
spacefish wrote:I just got the following error:

I was trying to tag the currently playing album. If it helps at all, the album was Rhythm and Stealth by Leftfield. I have been able to use the new version successfully on other albums though so I'm not sure what the problem with this one is.
Was this a one-time thing or does it happen every time you try to tag this album? While I wouldn't recommend trying to tag while playing, I'm not sure that's an issue here or not. Line 285 is where I write the temporary HTML file, and I don't have any error handling there, assuming the file can be created without any problem. It's possible that some kind of a write lock on that file would trigger the error you received, perhaps if Lyricator were improperly shut down.

Is it still a problem?

das
I encounter this error message if I try to process more than one track, which sorts of defeats the object of the script. Was a solution posted to this?