Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

lol beat me to it :P
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Yeah, I'd recommend the right-click script or assigning a hotkey. I'll add a toolbar button to the wish list too.

das
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

bob61 wrote:
Vyper wrote:It's a bit cumbersome to go to Tools -> Scripts -> Lyricator if one is picking and choosing songs to find the lyrics for.

Is there a way to have a toolbar button or have it in the right-click context menu when a song or group of songs is highlighted?
You can add this script into MM3 and have almost every script available via right-click:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26383 :D
Thanks! That will do nicely for now. :D

das Monkey wrote:Yeah, I'd recommend the right-click script or assigning a hotkey. I'll add a toolbar button to the wish list too.

das
Cool, and thanks. How does one assign a hotkey?
Stop Button Freak
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Tools / Options / General / Hotkeys

There should be an Action option for each of your scripts. Look for "General: Execute script: Lyricator".

das
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

great script. Loving it so far and the speed is really fast.

Question though. I have had this problem with other lyric finders. The way I name my tracks with featured artists usually results in songs not being found. Examples of how my songs track titles is as follows.

My Song (remix if any) - feat. artist
My Song (remix if any) - feat. artist1 & artist2
My Song (remix if any) - feat. artist1, artist2 & artist3

Any way to increase matches with featured artists?

Thanks in advance
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

What you need is a variation on the parenthetical theme. If your "feat." were in parentheses, you could just ignore them. I wrote a blacklist in the first version (so you could ignore words like "medley") but inexplicably forgot to include it in the actual release. It wouldn't help you either, though. What you need is an "Ignore After Last" Delimiter. Until I write something like that, try setting the Title-level Delimiter Array to -. That will split the search around the dashes in your titles. You'll get a lot of garbage searches that way, but you'll likely get most of the results too.

For example, with parens ignored and a Track-level Delimiter of -, it will eventually search for just "My Song". It will also search for nonsense like "feat. artist" as a song title, but you'll get there eventually. I'll look into an "Ignore Before/After First/Last" Delimiter Array concept for the future.

das
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I'd like to see a button to cancel the search but leave the window open with the ability to save the ones that are already completed..

Perhaps a 'pause/resume' and an 'abort' buttons.
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was thinking along similar lines with an option to ignore after X.

I will try what you said regarding the - delimiter and see how that goes.

Thanks again for the reply and for your work on an amazing script.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Also putting accelerator shortcut keys by putting an & in the button text..

IE
save button text = "&Save"
cancel button text = "Ca&ncel"

etc
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

das Monkey wrote:Tools / Options / General / Hotkeys

There should be an Action option for each of your scripts. Look for "General: Execute script: Lyricator".

das
Thanks! :D
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

After having used this script for awhile now I've got one thing to say:

It's truly and absolutely a brilliant script. Well done. Image
Stop Button Freak
bob61

Post by bob61 »

Not sure what's up... but I've noticed that once I press "Save" the script occasionally will "freeze up" forcing me to terminate MM3 program from task manager. I just experienced it again, had 7 songs being processed, 6 lyrics were found. After pressing "Save' it sat there for 3-4 minutes before I finally killed it. In checking the tracks it appears that the tags for the songs to be updated have been processed - appears script just gets stuck in a loop or something.

UPDATE: I think I see what's going on, the Pop-Up box to press "OK" has lost it's focus. I had this occur again and then I went and Alt-Tab and the box was popped up then. This doesn't happen all the time however (hidding Pop-Up).

UPDATE AGAIN: Well, had occurance again where script stalled and forced a termination of MM3 via TM. Alt-Tab all day didn't display pop-up box to press "OK" - did notice MM3 memory slow creeping up - something strange going on ....

Also noticed that the "Saving...." is displayed AFTER the pop-up box that says "xx Lyrics Saved" - or it happens at same time - I would expect the "Saving..." to be displayed once I pressed "Save" - minor but maybe related to above?

Lastly, any way to get a progress bar or some kind of stats shown for progress as it's updating tags? E.g. - "Updating Tag 1/12....."
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

bob61 wrote:Lastly, any way to get a progress bar or some kind of stats shown for progress as it's updating tags? E.g. - "Updating Tag 1/12....."
I have a progress bar that counts down the number of tracks to be tagged. Do you not see this?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Writing to the database is virtually instantaneous. Saving the tags is a background process within MM itself. Depending on your skin, you likely have a status bar somewhere on your screen (independent of the Lyricator window) that shows you the state of the tagging process.

I haven't had any issues with Lyricator, but with some other scripts, I've noticed strangeness with dialog boxes losing focus and creating confusion. I'll look into a better way to handle that and put in some "Process Events" commands and see if that helps your situation.

Vyper, thank you. I appreciate it. I've been using the great scripts of so many other people that it's nice to be able to make a small contribution of my own. I wish all my software had such open scripting opportunities and a community of people working to make it better.

das
bob61

Post by bob61 »

das Monkey wrote:Writing to the database is virtually instantaneous. Saving the tags is a background process within MM itself. Depending on your skin, you likely have a status bar somewhere on your screen (independent of the Lyricator window) that shows you the state of the tagging process.

I haven't had any issues with Lyricator, but with some other scripts, I've noticed strangeness with dialog boxes losing focus and creating confusion. I'll look into a better way to handle that and put in some "Process Events" commands and see if that helps your situation.
das
Hi das - thanks for the response. I am expecting same thing as you note above, once I press "Save" it would be instant and then end up with "OK" button to press and see update progress occurring in "background" within MM. What I'm seeing:
1. I select tracks then pass to script
2. Script dialog box is displayed, running through each track and doing it's thing.
3. When it completes I press "Save" button. There is a long pause (really long depending on number of tracks). Not sure what is happening during this time but just did approx 20 tracks and it sat there for about 20 secs.
4. There is a flicker in the skin, so I see something has occured. It sits again and then I see the "Save" button change to "Saving...". Depending on if the OK is in "focus" of MM3 or not, it shows or I need to Alt-Tab.
4a. Within the step above I'll see "Saving...." display but never get the "OK" pop-up box - I then need to terminate the MM3 program - however all tracks have processed with lyrics.
5. Once I press "OK" there is no progress status displayed in MM3 - it's like all updates are handled directly by the script instead of through MM3? I would expect at this point to see the progress status in MM3 showing what's being updated. I see this with other scripts such as Trixmoto's album art, etc. so I don't think it's problem with my skin.

Just FYI, shouldn't make any differences but I also have MonkeyRok and using MM-Ultimate as skin. Running 1.8Mhz Duo-Core system with 3GB Ram so should have more than enough system resources to handle processing a couple hundred tracks at a time.

Don't take my comments as being critical, really love the script and just trying to get this to work reliably as I have a LOT of tracks to process. I originally started out with 35K tracks to process - using the original "Missing Lyrics" I got that down to 13.5K. With your new improved script I've knocked that down to 12.2K and I'm only through the "B's". Taking much longer due to having to do in smaller packets of tracks since I keep running into the hang-up in the script.

Thanks