Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

Very cool- I just tagged 580 mp3's (out of 660) in about 5 minutes with lyrics.

Thank you for the script!
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

nynaevelan wrote:I was just wondering if you would consider the possibility of adding a white list to the brute force options. I have a lot of remixes which are failing to find lyrics. Personally I do not care if the lyrics version is from the original song or the remix version but I would like to have either if I had a choice. Thanks, although it is not as fast as the Lyrics plugin, the speed is not tooo bad.

Nyn
I'm not sure I understand. If you have a song "My Song (Remix)", it will try that first. If it can't find it, and you're stripping parentheses, it will try "My Song". Can you go into a little more detail about what you mean, perhaps with a specific example? Thanks.

das
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

If it is already ignoring the Remix, then you are already meeting my needs. I thought that when it ignored the parentheses, it would try it as a whole, My Song Remix. Instead if it is trying My Song and My Song Remix, I'm ok. What about if some of the titles have Radio Edit, or Explicit or Edited, will it try it with and/or without these criteria?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Ah, confusion. I need to come up with better terminology. :) Let's say you have the following track: "My Song (Remix) [Live]" by "Al; Joe".

First it will try that. If you have all brute force flags on, it will then try:

My Song (Remix) [Live] by Al
My Song (Remix) [Live] by Joe
My Song (Remix) by Al; Joe
My Song (Remix) by Al
My Song (Remix) by Joe
My Song [Live] by Al; Joe
My Song [Live] by Al
My Song [Live] by Joe
My Song by Al; Joe
My Song by Al
My Song by Joe

das
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thanks, that explained it very well.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

Post by Guest »

I'm obviously missing something here - how do you install this?
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Anonymous wrote:I'm obviously missing something here - how do you install this?
There's a link to the MMIP file in the first post. The MMIP is a MediaMonkey Installation Package. If you have MediaMonkey 3 installed, MMIP files should be associated with it. If not, you can try right-clicking on the file and choosing Open With and then MediaMonkey. I'm not entirely sure. This is my first time messing with all of this stuff.

Big kudos to the authors for the MMIP functionality. It took me about 15 minutes to learn how to and then make a versatile install/uninstall package. Very cool functionality for an already impressive product.

das

Post by Guest »

The link isn't to a mmip file it is a zip containing individual files with no installer
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Something must be recognizing it as a zip and opening it directly into your zip application. When you save the file, what is the extension? If it's ".zip", manually change it to ".mmip", and then try opening it. MMIPs are just renamed zip files.

Since it looks like people will actually use this script, I'll do a pretty significant rewrite shortly. I have a bunch of ideas that I didn't throw into the alpha, since I didn't really know what the reception would be and didn't want to invest the effort if it wasn't necessary. I also have an idea or two in the speed department (not like it's slow now, but faster can't hurt).

das
gege

Post by gege »

Anonymous wrote:The link isn't to a mmip file it is a zip containing individual files with no installer
This is a known "feature" of IE7. It saves all zip files with ZIP extension, no matter what the original extension is. Just rename it back to MMIP and everything will be alright. Or better use Firefox!!!! 8)

@das Monkey:
What a fantastic script! I'm loving it!
It's a great companion to a certain "Lyrics Viewer" ;-)

For an Alpha release, I just can say it is working wonderfully.

I have some suggestions for future improvements:
- Add the ability to edit the fetched text before saving it to lyrics. Sometimes, the script fetches correct lyrics, but the text has an unwanted part, like the song name or artist/composer's name at the beginning. Thus, editing the text is necessary. An "Edit..." button at the right side of each row would do the trick.
- Better formatting of the page, with CSS. Possibly using a sans serif font.
- And, of course, I second the wish for more lyrics sources.

Regarding the "flashing" tooltip bug, I can confirm it occurs only with a big amount of text and only with IE6. Once IE7 is installed, the flashing effect goes away.
Maybe if you truncate the text to a certain size before putting it into the tooltip will solve the problem.

That's it. Keep up the great work!
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Thanks for the great suggestions, gege. I love your Lyrics Viewer. Elegant and effective. It was probably the first script I installed and is what inspired me to get my lyrics under control.

I'm one step ahead of you on the CSS format (don't know why I didn't clean that up before releasing it). I've reshuffled everything a bit, using Arial 8pt and a smaller processing indicator to allow for a lot more data on the screen at once. If IE could be depended upon to handle min-width properly, I'd get a little more creative with resizing and such, but it's not worth it at present to get too bogged down in presentation when speed and functionality are what people want.

Editing is a good idea. I also would like to add a white-space cleaner-upper option. I notice some lyrics have crazy amounts of white-space in them. An option to consolidate multiple lines of white-space into a single line would be nice.

Thanks again.

das
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

Nice Work - Gratulations !

I like it a lot !!
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:

Post by Guest »

got it now, thanks. Once I renamed it to mmip worked great.

Speed is good, however the ability to search more sites is essential as it only got lyrics to around 25% of the songs I attempted.

Great script though with a little tweaking. Thanks for this
gege

Post by gege »

das Monkey wrote:Editing is a good idea. I also would like to add a white-space cleaner-upper option. I notice some lyrics have crazy amounts of white-space in them. An option to consolidate multiple lines of white-space into a single line would be nice.
jn's WebSearchPanels does this. In fact, its cleanup function was my contribution.
So, it's not exactly what we can call "good programming", but it does a decent job, at least for me. Take a look!
gege

Post by gege »

Oh, I almost forgot to mention: what great name you've chosen for this script!!! Me likes!