RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 3.6 w/ 101 presets (2009-07-02)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

-SuperFunk- wrote:Thanks but I think I'll use alternative names for these genres,

Since my library continues to grow and more information is added, I find it important to keep the auto-generating option available. :wink:
Well, if you ask me, I would never change my tags because of some bug in the program, but this decision is up to you.

I don't know what you mean with "auto-generating", but I think you should try Magic Nodes add-on and its playlists - they are much more than simple static playlists.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
-SuperFunk-

Post by -SuperFunk- »

ZvezdanD wrote:
-SuperFunk- wrote:Thanks but I think I'll use alternative names for these genres,

Since my library continues to grow and more information is added, I find it important to keep the auto-generating option available. :wink:
Well, if you ask me, I would never change my tags because of some bug in the program, but this decision is up to you.

I don't know what you mean with "auto-generating", but I think you should try Magic Nodes add-on and its playlists - they are much more than simple static playlists.
with auto-generating I mean that if I add new music to my library, those items will be added automatically to the right playlist when properly tagged.
you understand the concept of auto-playlists i assume.. :)

I've tried to work with Magic nodes, but I find it difficult at the moment, I'm not very good at programming etc..
When i have the time I will certainly try to get a benefit out of the script! :)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

-SuperFunk- wrote:with auto-generating I mean that if I add new music to my library, those items will be added automatically to the right playlist when properly tagged.
Magic Nodes playlists are not automatically updated when you add some new track or if you change some tag property, but you could always right-click on some of them and choose the Refresh Magic Node option.
-SuperFunk- wrote:I've tried to work with Magic nodes, but I find it difficult at the moment, I'm not very good at programming etc..
You don't need to be very good at programming to be able to use it. Which version did you try?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
-SuperFunk-

Post by -SuperFunk- »

ZvezdanD wrote: You don't need to be very good at programming to be able to use it. Which version did you try?
not the last version, but the one just before 4.0
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

-SuperFunk- wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote: You don't need to be very good at programming to be able to use it. Which version did you try?
Well, if you don't know how to construct some new mask, you could always ask for help ;)

However, if you take a look at the mentioned mask, you just need to replace "; Fusion;" with another style, e.g. "; Ethnic Fusion;", rename mask Caption and you already have a new mask/node/playlist.
-SuperFunk-

Post by -SuperFunk- »

ZvezdanD wrote:
-SuperFunk- wrote:
Well, if you don't know how to construct some new mask, you could always ask for help ;)

However, if you take a look at the mentioned mask, you just need to replace "; Fusion;" with another style, e.g. "; Ethnic Fusion;", rename mask Caption and you already have a new mask/node/playlist.
Thanks for the support,
if I need something to find out, you'll read it :wink:
barkoz

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.0 w/ 194 presets (2010-04-14)[MM2+3]

Post by barkoz »

Thank's ZvezdanD
Exporting of presets worked perfectly, now all I have to do is arrange them in the order i like and re-export in case I do something really stupid one day. Quite likely!
Cheers from down here
Brett
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

The preset drop list is becoming very unwieldy with 194+ presets ... scrolling through it is an exercise in precise pointing device (mouse, trackpoint) use.

It may be time to consider an alternate GUI element to find and select presets. Just my $0.02 suggestion.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

davidbspalding wrote:It may be time to consider an alternate GUI element to find and select presets. Just my $0.02 suggestion.
This is already requested several times before. It is in development...
LeoBern

Post by LeoBern »

Hee,
<Number ...> is great. Is there "<Date ...>" and "<String ...>" to come ? :roll:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

LeoBern wrote:<Number ...> is great. Is there "<Date ...>" and "<String ...>" to come ? :roll:
You didn't read the Information section from the first post of this thread, nor the Information section from my download page, right? <String ...> already exists. You could also use <String ...> instead of <Date ...> - even the program itself doesn't give you anything better than that when you want to enter some date value, e.g. Date in the Properties dialog (you know, if I am MM developer I would add some nice calendar control for entering date values).
Outlan

Post by Outlan »

Hi there,

After
carkey151

Post by carkey151 »

How would I go about moving eg."And His Orchestra, And His Band, And His Dixieland Seven, or And The Commanders" from the Artist Field to the Involved People Field and leave the main artist. eg."Louis Armstrong And His All-Stars - leaving only "Louis Armstrong" in the Artist Field"? In other words, is there a way to move everything after and including "And" from the Artist Field to the Involved People Field and then removing same from the Artist field? And if there is a way, could I use it on multiple files at once? Louis Armstrong alone had:
Louis Armstrong And His Orchestra
Louis Armstrong And His All-Stars
Louis Armstrong And His Dixieland Seven
Louis Armstrong And His Hot Seven
Louis Armstrong And His Hot Five
Louis Armstrong An His Savoy Ballroom Five
Louis Armstrong And His Sebastian New Cotton Club Orchestra
Louis Armstrong And His Stompers
Louis Armstrong And the Jazz Foundation Six
Louis Armstrong And The Commanders
just to name a few! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

carkey151 wrote:if there is a way, could I use it on multiple files at once?
Of course you could use it on multiple files at once, just select all tracks that you want to modify before you open the RegExp dialog box. However, you need two presets since you want to modify two fields - Artist and Involved people. Here are settings for the first preset:
Find what: ^.*
Into: Involved people
Regular Expression 1: checked
Replace with: \bAnd .*$
Regular expression 2: checked

And the second preset:
Find what: \sAnd .*$
Into: Artist
Regular Expression 1: checked
Replace with: empty
Emrik

Post by Emrik »

Hello,

quick question to know if i am doing it the best way.
I want to add the name of the playlist in the comment field of the mp3 => the idea is to move to itunes on mac so it is the less elegant way to do it as then i will do auto playlist on itunes using the name of my playlists in Mediamonkey that would be then kept in the comment field of the mp3 tag. (simple auto playlist to create like for instance "comment field" contents "Floorfiller house" )
Here i want to add the playlist name in the comment field because 1/there could be other info i want to keep 2/ one mp3 could be in several playlists and i want to have all the playlists names and not erase one by another.

My intention was to use Preset 135 : Add "(Live)" to the end of Title and modify it so that Live=playlist name (I will type the playlist name each time myself) & field = Comment.

Is there a smarter way or is this one the appropriate one ?

thanks a lot for your input.

Ps: for those who wants to know i will also use the grouping field to put the MM ratings as grouping field also exist in Itunes Mac so i could then convert grouping field in Itunes Ratings.
Paris, France.
Mediamonkey 3, HP Vista & MacBook Pro.
Mixvibes 7 producer, Trackor Pro, Allen & Heath Xone 4D.