RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rivorson

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by rivorson »

MMFrLife wrote:But it can also denote a method for required payment;
that it's up to you and not a fixed amount like standard payware
I have to disagree with your definition. A donation is something which is freely given with no expectation of receiving anything in return. It is not the same as pay-what-you-want wherein the customer sets the price with no counter negotiation from the seller.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/donation
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/donation
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/donation
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... h/donation
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/donation
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/donation

That said, I do believe Zvezdan deserves payment for the extraordinary amount of work that it takes to write thousands of lines of code.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I can respect that rivorson, but my point is that it can denote or connote in the method the other meaning without necessarily needing
reference to PWYW.
btw, agree or disagree, but please don't change the characteristics of what I said when using the quote function (italics on method; although, I'm sure that was accidental).
Thanks, I appreciate your input. :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

The lack of italics in my quote is curious. I clicked the quote button on your post and only removed the text before and after the part I wanted to quote, not the italic tag. Yet the tag is missing in my post.

If you went to a shop and bought a loaf of bread you wouldn't say you donated money to the shop. Buying a product from another person online is no different. The money is a payment in exchange for a product, not a donation. It would be a donation if the product was freely available and the donation was optional so that people could offer financial support out of pure generosity.

I would guess that the reason for calling this payment a donation is that PayPal charges lower fees on donations than on merchant payments. Personally I say anything that means PayPal takes less money can only be good.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Whether it's some of the payer's intention or not, I think of it as, you're not really donating to the
expanded version. You are donating to the cause and hard work he's put into the free one and that
in turn makes one eligeable for the expanded one. The donate button itself isn't actually attached to a version,
it's just a button that allows you to donate and people aren't likely to donate unless they've already used the free one.

Similar to a donation to PBS Television (but with enough variation for a side topic :-? ).
If you donate money in a low range, you are contributing to the stations ability to stay on the air (what you get: more PBS viewing)
If you donate in a higher range, you are eligeable for a gift (what you get: the gift, but not unless you donate in that range).
[albeit, a variation that could open up a whole other can of worms about what it means to truly donate (semi-donation paradox :lol: )
----------------------------------
We can agree to disagree on some of the finer points (without completely ruling out the possibility I'm wrong).

But regardless of what's correct in the truest senses of the terms/usage, I personally
hope he keeps it as donate. It certainly doesn't infuriate, or even annoy me. I'm good with it.
It sounds nice and the script, I believe, has good intentions behind it. The author is good at what he does and extremely
helpful (I can attest from much correspondence).
And anything that helps ZvezdanD's work, I'm all for it! :)

Well done rivorson, I always thought you were a stand-up guy! 8)
Last edited by MMFrLife on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Actually, in the begin I used a PayPal account of my friend and it had the Donate button connected to the Donate form, but since I got my own account I am using the Donate button that is linked to the Buy Now form because I cannot create the Donation form on PayPal. To do that I need to have registered some charity organization and to fill bunch of papers which I cannot. So, PayPal is taking 4% from each "donation" and some fixed amount of money from me.

I don't want to sound pathetic, but for 2 years, until I made the enhanced versions of RegExp and other add-ons, I got only 10 or 20 donations for all my freely available add-ons. If I didn't decide to make enhanced versions that I am sending only to donors I would stop developing those add-ons since I already spent too much time on them without any real benefit. When I started with the enhanced versions I kept the "donation" term since I cannot think of anything better.

By the way, I think we are way out of topic. This thread should be dedicated to the RegExp add-on. If someone does not like my attitude with the enhanced versions of my add-ons, the Off Topic forum is a better place to post complains.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

For anyone interested, (from here) the "assign most" workaround Batch (enhanced version) worked like a charm. It's 3 presets:

1st preset: Assign right-specified folder level of Path to <Into Field>..., level 1 (or typical left-specified would be level 3 "Music/Artist/Album/track")
2nd preset: Assign Album Artist if it is different from value assigned to most tracks from same album
3rd preset: Assign Artist if it is different from value assigned to most tracks from same album

Nice work on the folder "assign most" presets.
Is that if someone has a bunch of loose tracks just under a drive letter?

[EDIT] note - this preset was edited for efficiency (as implied in the following post) and to correct an error related to folder level.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Nice work on the folder "assign most" presets.
Is that if someone has a bunch of loose tracks just under a drive letter?
No. They are for situations when you have tracks from albums put in respective folders, but the folder names don't correctly represent the album names (assuming that majority of the tracks from the same folder have the correct Album tag).

I am just wondering why are you using the "empty" versions of presets when the "different" versions already correct the affected empty fields.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:No. They are for situations when you have tracks from albums put in respective folders, but the folder names don't correctly represent the album names (assuming that majority of the tracks from the same folder have the correct Album tag).
Can you write like three simple paths showing what you mean? I have an idea but not sure.
ZvezdanD wrote:I am just wondering why are you using the "empty" versions of presets when the "different" versions already correct the affected empty fields.
Yes, the "have anything" versions work by themselves (tested both versions out in different situations). So, if you have situations where the "have anything" works on "minority difference = all empty; minority difference = varies, but not empty; minority difference = varies, including one or some empty, what situations would those particular presets (empties) be needed (why include them)?
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Can you write like three simple paths showing what you mean? I have an idea but not sure.
Let say that you have the folder "Blah Blah" and it contains 10 tracks, 7 tracks have the album name "Something" and 3 tracks have the album name "Whatever" -> those 3 tracks will get the album name "Something" (the folder name doesn't matter).

MMFrLife wrote:So, if you have situations where the "have anything" works on "minority difference = all empty; minority difference = varies, but not empty; minority difference = varies, including one or some empty, what situations would those particular presets (empties) be needed (why include them)?
The "empty" presets are just a special case of "different" presets, i.e. they work similarly but modify only tracks with the empty field. They are intended for users who want to leave other non-empty tracks with the different content of field unmodified for whatever reason.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:(the folder name doesn't matter)
The correctness of the name doesn't matter, but it's necessary for referential purposes, right?
Actually, that sounds like the closest one can get to the "self-referential" album column
problem (where, at least you are not using another field to refer to and the correctness of the
folder name itself doesn't matter).
ZvezdanD wrote:The "empty" presets are just a special case of "different" presets, i.e. they work similarly but modify only tracks with the empty field. They are intended for users who want to leave other non-empty tracks with the different content of field unmodified for whatever reason.
I think I get the general logic of what you are saying but unsure in practice?

Let's say you have a compilation album's Artist field, it is populated with a different artist for every track except two are empty.
It would only modify the empty Artist fields, right? But if so, to what, since the other ones are "all" different? What is it using,
besides the album, to know how to make the modification.

Alternatively, if most are different (including two empty),
the ones that are the same (not including empty) are the most (consistency wise), even if not that many.
But still might not be correct for the empty fields since it's a compilation album.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:The correctness of the name doesn't matter, but it's necessary for referential purposes, right?
The presets are intended when you have tracks separated in folders by albums, but the folder names do not correspond to the album names correctly. In that case the preset will check which Album tag is mostly represented in tracks from each folder and put that value into Album tag of other tracks from the same folder. So, the folders are necessary only for organization of tracks, but their names could be any, e.g. 1, 2, ... or whatever.
MMFrLife wrote:I think I get the general logic of what you are saying but unsure in practice?
Here is one example of album with 5 tracks:
1. "A"
2. "A"
3. empty
4. "B"
5. "A"

With the "different" preset, 3rd and 4th tracks -> "A". With the "empty" preset, only 3rd -> "A", but 4th track stay as "B".
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:So, the folders are necessary only for organization of tracks, but their names could be any, e.g. 1, 2, ... or whatever.
Got it.
ZvezdanD wrote: Here is one example of album with 5 tracks:
1. "A"
2. "A"
3. empty
4. "B"
5. "A"

With the "different" preset, 3rd and 4th tracks -> "A". With the "empty" preset, only 3rd -> "A", but 4th track stay as "B".
Clever, and very useful if needed. Excellent example!
Thanks!! :)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm looking for an efficient way to achieve turning this,
E:\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\track.flac

into this,
E:\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\

I want to copy the path to a field, removing everything after the last backslash.

I tried a few things but can't figure it out. I think we discussed some things similar to it before but don't remember how to apply to specific
example.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I'm looking for an efficient way to achieve turning this,
E:\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\track.flac

into this,
E:\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\

I want to copy the path to a field, removing everything after the last backslash.
I suppose the simplest way will be if you use the "Copy <From Field> to <Into Field>" preset using Folder in the source dropdown box.

Of course, there are another ways as well, e.g. the "Assign the left side of <From Field> before rightmost specified string to <Into Field>" preset with specified "\", but this would result without the last (rightmost) "\". Or maybe even a batch with the "Copy Path to <Into Field>" and the "Remove rightmost part of <Into Field> between (and including) specified strings" preset, but that one would be most complex and requires more adjustements (Opening string = "\", Closing string should be empty, Remove opening string should be checked off).
ditc

Post by ditc »

Hello, I have 2 questions:

1) I just started using RegExp v5, and I've been playing around with the batch features. Currently, I set up a batch process for 12 tasks. I have been running it on a library of 300,000+ tracks. I noticed that after the first task, the batch process stopped altogether and did not complete the other 11 tasks. When I tried running the batch process on a much smaller group of tracks, it seemed to run through all 12 tasks without a problem. Is there a limit to how many tasks can run in one batch process? Also, will the batch process only work with a maximum amount of files? And if so, what is the max amount of files I can run the batch process with?

2) I've been meaning to ask this question for awhile, but I'm not sure if I can do this with RegExp Find & Replace, or if something like magicnodes would work. I currently am sorting through tens of thousands of tracks from a dj music pool. Many of the tracks (but not all) have multiple versions (for example, clean, dirty, extended intro-clean, extended intro-dirty, short edit, long edit, acapella, instrumental etc) Is there a way for me to search for or isolate all of the tracks that have all of these names, so that for example, i can delete all tracks that say "extended intro-clean and extended intro-dirty, while knowing that the other versions still exist? I apologize in advance if this particular program is not capable of finding this, but hopefully if it's not, someone may know an add-on that may help me to do this? Thanks in advance!