RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by ZvezdanD »

You couldn't replace "(?!^)\b" with "\s" in your modified preset because it already has "\s" on the begin of the lowercase's exceptions since it is based on the old preset distributed with the freely available version. Now, for the life of me, I cannot remember why I have replaced "\s" with "(?!^)\b" in the new version. It doesn't lowercase exceptions only if they are on the begin of the field, which is not always correct, as you pointed out with the "(" thing, so I will revert that back in the next update.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
bigcebo

comment field

Post by bigcebo »

Ok im trying to have the comment field filled with the name of the folder I drop a track into. Example: I have a folder ClassicHipHop, Lets say i have the track BDP - Poetry, I drop it into the ClassicHipHop folder I want the comment section to automatically be tagged ClassicHipHop, not the whole path just the title of the folder I place the track. Is this possible?
Ok this reg tool almost does it, but in the comment area i just want the last part "Booty" also i want this to be automatic
MMFrLife

Re: comment field

Post by MMFrLife »

I was just looking this up as you were moving it from proper forum to this one.
You need to keep add-on questions in the add-on forum.
I'll request it be moved back.

anyway,
"Assign specified folder level of Path to <Into Field>..."
You are counting levels from the left to right.
I believe it's preset 207 in the current free version.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
bigcebo

Post by bigcebo »

okay...it seemed it was in someone else's thread...but thanks....also what script or mask to make this automatic
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You have the correct script. It won't be automatic per se, but you can modify it to an "add/save" (not update) custom preset and enable toolbar button
to get it semi-automatic for when you select the tracks you want.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
bigcebo

Post by bigcebo »

so how do i do this...im very novice.
bigcebo

Post by bigcebo »

are what you explaining,"highlight the tracks, right click and reg edit, and the assign script choice" is that the method your speaking
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Make certain everything is backed up before proceeding.

0. Select your track(s)
1. Load the recommended preset into the dialog.
2. In your above example, counting from the left, "\Booty\" is level 2.
3. Change the folder level in the Replace With field to "2".
4. INTO dropdown is "Comment" and FROM dropdown is "Folder"
5. Check toolbar button and choose an icon number.
6. Rename the preset by putting "Comment" in name; leave the rest of the name alone for now (including "<Into Field>" part).
7. The upper-right middle button will change to ADD.
8. Press ADD
9. Check results in the display to make certain they are correct.
10.Press "Replace All"
11. Close
12. The custom preset should appear in the MM GUI menu and a toolbar button on the interface. Now you can quickly
click the toolbar button after selecting any tracks in the future. However, using the toolbar button simply executes the preset without offering
a results preview; as found in the Preset Settings dialog.

Also, you should read through ZvezdanD's usage instructions. Even if there are things you don't fully understand, you need to familiarize yourself with that
before proceeding any further.
😜
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

MMFrLife wrote:If you are talking about the timestamp, I think that is normal any time the tracks are altered. I think there is a setting to prevent that in Options.
If you are talking about the simple date field/tag, that shouldn't be.
Funny you mention this. I am trying to change the datestamp of an mp3 file using lastplayed. In MM4 options I checked the box to enable modifying the file date.

I tried the preset, and then I tried making my own preset. The results pane indicated the change was made, but when checking the file properties in Windows Explorer, the date information was unchanged.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

The simple date field is different. It is very restrictive. Are you good? Do you want me to take a look?
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Just to clarify, by "datestamp", you mean the date aspect of the "Timestamp"?
    It works fine here using - Copy <From FIeld> to <lnto Field> - "Last Played" to " "Timestamp". It alters the WinExp properties view.
    It won't work via "Date" as that field would not be able to handle the time (ex. 2:00 pm) signature of "Last Played" and also does not reflect the timestamp's date/time.
    😜
    ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:It works fine here using - Copy <From FIeld> to <lnto Field> - "Last Played" to " "Timestamp". It alters the WinExp properties view.
    Actually, I think that jcfogerty is right, it seems that the program has a bug when using the FileModified property (i.e. the Timestamp field). Are you absolutely sure that you got updated Date Modified of the file in Windows Explorer after using that preset?

By the way, forget about the date/time aspect or the Date field, it has nothing with the Timestamp field. The Timestamp field has a time component as it has Added or Last Played, in contrast to the Date field.
    Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
    MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:Are you absolutely sure that you got updated Date Modified of the file in Windows Explorer after using that preset?
    Yes. Certain. But I will test again later on more than one file.
    ZvezdanD wrote:By the way, forget about the date/time aspect or the Date field, it has nothing with the Timestamp field. The Timestamp field has a time component as it has Added or Last Played, in contrast to the Date field.
    Exactly.
    😜
    MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, there does seem to be a bug.

It's a bit confusing though.
    When I tested the first lone file, I did it to a file that didn't have a last played registered. So, I played it and it registered Last Played "Today, with a time".
    After I changed it and checked in WinExp, it showed the current date. I thought great, it works.

When I just tested it with 5 different files/extensions, again, after playing them, it once again changed the timestamp to "Today's" date, 2/6/2017.
    However, the Last Played times were all different, so when it modified the files, all the "modified dates" changed to today's date "and" to the exact current time
    that I changed them! I now have 5 files with "2/6/2017 8:33 PM".

jcfogerty said that they display correctly in the results but it doesn't modify them in WinExp. My results also show them displayed properly but also changed
    in WinExp, but a bug seems to be limiting the time aspect of it from anything other than the current time.

What do you get when you test?
    😜
    ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:What do you get when you test?
    I don't get updated Date Modified in Windows Explorer at all, only the Timestamp field in the database/MM filelist. It is not only the time part that is unmodified, the date part is not updated as well.

You don't need to experiment with the mentioned preset and Last Played field. You could use the "Assign specified string to <Into Field>" preset, the Into field would be Timestamp of course and you could set any regular date to the string as you want, e.g. 2001-01-01, and see if you get it in Windows Explorer.

By the way, I already have implemented a workaround for this problem in the next version, but I just wanted to be sure if it is really a bug.

EDIT:

OK, I am pretty sure that I know what is happening to you - you don't have installed the latest version of the add-on which has fixed one another bug related to the Timestamp field. Because of that bug your Timestamp field and Date Modified property of file are always changed whenever you change any field in RegExp, even the Timestamp field itself, when the new value is set to the current date/time.

There is a new 4.4.8 update of the freely available version which has implemented a workaround for this new bug. The donation-only version will have that bug fixed soon when I finish with its next version.

Thanks for the report.