RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, well, I guess its a dilemma because it's confusing both ways (the way it is and your understandably reluctant solution).
I will think on it some more. For now, I don't think you should remove the second option.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
beg

Post by beg »

Hi,

Since ever I am struggling to find the preset I am looking for..

Now I just noticed the new? GUI item Menu, but I can't figure out a way of how to make it work? I'd expected it to reduce the listed presets to the group choosen in the menu dropdown, but I always see the full list of presets.. I can't see any effect of the menu dropdown.

I tried to find information about it in the documentation, but this GUI item was not explained in the v4 documentation..
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

beg wrote:Now I just noticed the new? GUI item Menu, but I can't figure out a way of how to make it work?
What is the version including the build number of the add-on that you are using?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
beg

Post by beg »

the version is 5.1.0.106
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The 5.x version has added the Menu combo box, but it is only intended to allow specifying in which sub-menu you want to place the selected preset.

Actually, I though to implement the mentioned combo box as you expect it, but that could lead to some strange effects. Let say that I have initially opened some preset from the "Basic Manipulations" menu. So, the Menu combo box will show "Basic Manipulations" and, if I have implemented your suggestion, the Preset combo box would contain only presets that are located in that menu. Now, the main question is, how could be possible for users to choose some another preset from some another menu if they are not contained in the Preset combo box? The only solution for user would be to know in which menu is that another preset and to select that menu in the Menu combo box, to be able to get the wanted preset listed in the Preset combo box refilled with presets from the new menu. But now we have one more problem, if user change the Menu, how the script could know if user want to assign the new specified menu to the currently selected preset, or just want to get refilled the Preset combo box ? So, if I want to implement your suggestion the only way would be that the Preset Settings dialog box has two Menu combo boxes, one for grouping of presets and the another one for assigning menu to the selected preset as the current combo box.

Currently, the best way to find some preset would be using the Choose RegExp Preset dialog box that could be opened after click on the "..." button in the Preset Settings dialog box. There you have a large table with all presets and the Find option with Prev and Next buttons. The Web page of 5.x version has explained all those extra commands that don't exist in v4.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
beg

Post by beg »

Thx for your explenation! I could not follow all issues described, but it seems you gave it a thorough thought.. I just thought it could work as a simple filter to the list of presets without any additional functionality - but maybe that's not that simple..

Thx also for the webpage for v5, I was looking for it, but could not find it.. Is it linked in the description of the first post here? Probably it is and I overlooked it...

Thx for your great ongoing work on this script covering so many issues providing solutions for them!
beg

Post by beg »

Reading the v5 documentation I have now found the menus within the bulp icon and the edit-regexp menus. That is very helpful and actually what I was looking for - just didn't find it..

Thx for the documentation webpage for v5, I was looking for it, but could not find it.. Maybe you can find more places to link it for users searching for description of v5 features...It's a bit confusing that you are offering a much powerful v5 version of the script which is still supported within this post for 4.x version. So any additional information for v5 is missing here and very hard to find (for me..). So maybe it would be very helpful for some users to add some information about the latest v5 version and link to documentation page within the first post of this threat?!

Thx for your great ongoing work on this script covering so many issues providing solutions for them!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The Web page of the 4.x version has a link to the Web page of the new enhanced (5.x) version. Maybe I could make it more visible, but it is already there, in the Donation section. Also, I provide the link to the Web page of the 5.x version with every new release delivered to donors through e-mail.
jimbob_sf

Post by jimbob_sf »

For years, this has been the single, must-have tool for me in MM4. If you're surfing for a well-maintained, must-have add-in, this is it!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

...continued from here MN, show certain root words

That's so very sad. :( It's such a Magic Nodes type thing. :wink:
Anyway, so, would I just use one of the "show" presets and basically modify the Find What field?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

You could start from the scratch:
- click on the New button;
- type some name in the Preset combo box;
- type /bword_you_want_to_find/b in the Find what combo box;
- turn on RegEx (F);
- choose Keep files with matched tags in the Action combo box and save the preset, or choose Keep matched from the button on the left of the Close button if you don't need to save the preset.

Of course, before you apply that preset you need to have selected all files that you want to search for the wanted word.

The main thing here is the /b regex that matches a word boundary, which could match a space character, dot, comma or anything else that is not a part of word; it could match a text line begin or end as well.

EDIT: I completely forgot that instead of that suggestion with /b you could just use Find whole words only option which does the same thing.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks, that appears to work! To clarify for anyone else, choose Find whole words only "instead of" Regular Expression (F.)

How would I get it to show files from Entire Library and also select them?
I assume I would use something like "Select matched files with matched tags", but what else?

EDIT: Well, I guess that doesn't make much sense since something would have to be manually selected first, right?
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Click on the Entire Library node and press Ctrl+A.

Alternatively, after you click on the mentioned node, click on the text box in the left bottom corner that shows number of selected/visible files until you get displayed all visible files. Which means, you don't need to have selected all files in the main filelist, but that works only in the Preset Settings dialog box.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks, I already have the MM toolbar button for selecting. I'm not much of a hotkey person.
I was mainly trying to figure out a way to batch a 'selecting preset' (which isn't possible without already
having selected something) with a 'word find' preset, so I don't have to select Entire Library whenever I look for a word.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Sorry, RFR could be applied only on files that are selected (for Replace actions) or visible (for Keep/Select actions) in the main filelist. So, if you want to apply it on all files, you need to have selected Entire Library node (or any other node that shows all files from the library). Actually, there is one exception to this rule: Replace in currently playing file.