MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.1 [MM3]

Post by trixmoto » Thu May 28, 2009 3:58 am

Hmm, the status text comes from the MusicIP database, so I'm not sure what they mean by "pending". Maybe that means that they've not got any details for that hash yet. Can you post a screenshot of the other error you're getting?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Thu May 28, 2009 8:11 am

trixmoto wrote:Hmm, the status text comes from the MusicIP database, so I'm not sure what they mean by "pending". Maybe that means that they've not got any details for that hash yet. Can you post a screenshot of the other error you're getting?
This is from the Genpuid.exe readme:

Code: Select all

If the requested metadata or associated PUID, the following status codes will
be returned accordingly:

[*] Pending 
	The server has not yet generated a PUID for this track, which can take up
	to 24 hours. If you have submitted a fingerprint for PUID creation, you 
	will need to re-request it from GenPUID after that time frame has lapsed.

[*] Unanalyzable
	GenPUID could not analyze the track, and this status may indicate an encoding problem.

[*] Unknown
	Catch-all for other problems, such as the MusicDNS server being down.

[*] Unavailable
	This status indicates that the track provided to GenPUID does not yet
	have a PUID in the MusicIP database. To ensure the track is identifiable
	in the future, analysis can be executed.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri May 29, 2009 3:35 am

Thanks, now why didn't I think of that? :lol:
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Fri May 29, 2009 8:00 am

trixmoto wrote:Thanks, now why didn't I think of that? :lol:
maybe because you're too busy thinking about that infamous to do list? :D :lol: :D

bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 am

I've skimmed the whole thread, but didn't find answers to a couple questions/comments. I've just successfully used the MusicIP Tagger script to run through a rather large set of old archived tracks (~1600). Most of these were simply missing bits of data, but some had no tags at all. As such, this script saved TONS of time!

So, after running through everything, I have 2 comments:

First, I tried running all tracks through the script at once. Apparently that was a bad idea since it locked up MM really good. I tried several different list sizes and found that if I tried more than ~150 at a time, I would usually have issues. So, is there a known limit for number of tracks that can be run in one time?

Second, I had a few tracks that had special characters in the file name. I didn't see any warnings about this, but when the script hit a file name with an ampersand '&' it crashed. Obviously the code doesn't trap this in any way in the version I was using (I downloaded MusicIP Tagger late last week). Just curious if the script could at least tell the user this file is a problem or, better yet, find a way around it? I ended up removing these characters and things worked smoothly. Since I figured out the error messages and since I have a bit of experience with vb based codes this wasn't a problem for me, but others might not be so lucky.

Thanks for a great tool! :D

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:17 pm

I don't know of a limit, I only tested it with about 20 at a time. The special characters is a known issue though that I will hopefully resolve in the next version.

argos

Post by argos » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Also, MediaMonkey 3.1 finally out of beta! (3.1.0.1256) So, trying to ask in a way that sounds less like a demand than a polite request: can you get a new version out, pretty please?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 am

I have a massive deadline this Friday at work. Assuming that goes smoothly I should have time for scripting after that. However I have not a rather large backlog so I can't say when any particular script will receive an update, only that they are all on my list.

blackjackel

im getting an error too

Post by blackjackel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:26 am

Just thought I'd check in to let you know that I'm also getting an error:

error #62 microsoft vbscript runtime error
Input past end of file
file: Path/to/musiciptagger.vbs line 361 column 10

Like the previous person who got this error, it dosen't happen to all files, only very specific ones..
right now the only solution is to not select those files and scan agian.

So far, in EVERY file that errors, the character "&" was in the artist field.
For example, anything by "kacy & the sunshine band" would spit the error above. I'm pretty sure thats the problem.

bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm

That's the same error I was getting. The only resolution I found was to rename the files from "&" to "and". I think it's only a problem for the file name though (not the title/artist/etc fields). Since the ampersand is a reserved character for most languages (including SQL), I'm not sure what can be done about this. Hopefully trixmoto can find a fix for it when he gets a chance though! :D

BarryCoe

Post by BarryCoe » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Having only been using MM for around a month, I was stumped when Amazon started playing around with their servers, thus breaking the tagging feature in MM, it was then that I had to start looking for an alternate method of tagging.

Big thanks for MusicIP Tagger! a great script, especially when as with my collection quite lot of tracks had been mis-tagged by i-tunes and MS MediaPlayer.

One thought I have had is, it would be greatt if you could select which tags where updated following the script getting results, as many others know, Genre is a nightmare to get tagged cleanly, and MusicIp seems to be consistent, so being able to clean specific tags would be a real bonus - Any chance of making this a feature?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 am

Yeah, I think this is already on my list for the next version, which I am currently working on.

Tomdude

Post by Tomdude » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 pm

I installed MUSICIP Tagger 1.1, recieved a confirmaition of successful install, but cannot find the script in MM. I reinstalled, same thing. No script with name MUSICIP Tagger.

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Should I be looking somewhere other than in the Scripts list?

Running MM 3.1.2.1267 on Vista.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Tomdude wrote:I installed MUSICIP Tagger 1.1, recieved a confirmaition of successful install, but cannot find the script in MM. I reinstalled, same thing. No script with name MUSICIP Tagger.

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Should I be looking somewhere other than in the Scripts list?

Running MM 3.1.2.1267 on Vista.
You have to use the options in the auto-tag from web window to select it.

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Yes, it's a "Auto-Tag from Web" script. So you highlight the files you're wanting to tag, right click and select that option. When the window opens up, click the Options button on the Auto-Tag window and select "MusicIP Tagger."

EDIT: nohitter beat me, boo.