MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Matthias1b

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.0 [MM3]

Post by Matthias1b »

Thanx for the great idea, but it doesn't works.

progress 100 %
success 100 %
failure 0 %

but no tagging

what a pity
disappointment

Yours Truly
Matthias
jonp

Post by jonp »

Works for most songs for me. Some songs/albums are unknown but all in all - v good.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

@Matthias1b - do you get any of the fields highlighted in yellow and the tracks selected? If not then that means no changes were necessary! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Matthias1b

Post by Matthias1b »

trixmoto wrote:Thanks everyone for your feedback.

@Matthias1b - do you get any of the fields highlighted in yellow and the tracks selected? If not then that means no changes were necessary! :)
to trixmoto :

Hello, first, to thanks for the answer.

Mark of the title: Yes
Mark of the field yellow: ähm?
Automatically no, by hand ????

with the day gene of the file name this automatically goes, I know, but with the day gene about the Internet???????

with me this runs off thus:

unfortunately, too day-to a self-burnt CD is (without ID3 - Country of the 90s)

- all titles (24) of the album in the album view select
- day-to from the Internet begin
- all 24 titles with hook - no yellow field
- Dropdown: MusicIP select
- start day-to: the hooks before the songs go out and the whole big field becomes uniformly grey, only the hook on top before # remains
- musicIP finished without success

an excuse: my English is not the best, must take a translator for the help

MusicID with a single title does not go at all, after end it indicates 3x 0%

Matthias
doodles

Post by doodles »

My music is on a network share. Running this on them gets this message - Invalid at the top level of the document. ! - after each track.

Testing it on a file stored locally, I get a similar message as Bex. Only difference is mine is Line: 238, not 240.
jjwatmyself

Post by jjwatmyself »

My music is local and I have the same issue " - Invalid at the top level of the document. !" A Google of this error reveals an "XML blah, blah" explanation.

I am very excited to see it work though. :D

I'd like to say on behalf of the MM junkies out there (like myself) "GO RIK!"

PS Vista x86 (32 bit) MM 3.0.3.1183
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Matthias1b - I'm sorry but I'm not really understanding. Could you maybe post (or email me) a screenshot of the script once it's finished running?

@doodles - oooh, I've not seen that one before! That must be an error returned from the application I'm calling. Could you please email me the "MIPT.*" files in your windows temporary directory (%temp%) after receiving this message?

@jjwatmyself - thanks! :) You could email me your files as well if you're getting the same error message.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Email sent.

It seems I may have solved the problem myself. Looking at that requested file, I suspect the error could be down to it not liking spaces.

My network share had a space in the title. I've just changed the name to one without a space and tested the tagger again after rescanning. No error at all this time, all 25 test files were identified and retagged.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Tell a lie (serves me right for posting while still doing the tagging in the background).

Got the error in line 240 partway through the identifying of those 25 tracks. Doing each one individually is hit and miss. The first 5 tagged just fine, as did tracks 7, 9 and 10. It seems to hate tracks 6 and 8 though.
treponem

Post by treponem »

Cool script, thank you very much!!!!

BUT: I wanted to tag my Trainspotting Soundtrack, which was released 1996. Iggy Pop's 'Lust for Life' e.g. is from 1977.

What lines do I have to change to save the year received to the 'original year' tag? Just want to use the script to give my music a little polish :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You need to change line 254...

Code: Select all

itm.Year = rel
...to...

Code: Select all

itm.OriginalYear = rel
...and that should do it! :)
Matthias1b

Post by Matthias1b »

Hello Trixmoto,

had you becomes my e-mail with the pictures ?

Yours Truly
Matthias
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, thank you. I've not really had time to investigate yet though, sorry.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

doodles wrote:Tell a lie (serves me right for posting while still doing the tagging in the background).

Got the error in line 240 partway through the identifying of those 25 tracks. Doing each one individually is hit and miss. The first 5 tagged just fine, as did tracks 7, 9 and 10. It seems to hate tracks 6 and 8 though.
Ditto. On very first track I tried. Line 240, Col 4, Object required...
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Phyltre

Post by Phyltre »

I am totally unable to use the plugin, even after making the suggested changes. Still coming up with the same errors.