MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Diabolic-Destiny

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.0 [MM3]

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

im keen on trying this out, I've used MusicIP and have got it to assign PUID to my tracks is there a way to import that or would i need to do a full scan?

I'll just wait until i hear less problems before i start foolin around with it, im usually a poor tester :(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

At the moment there is no way to use existing PUIDs - where do you have these stored? There is more work to be done on this script, but I'm struggling to find time these days.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Phyltre

Post by Phyltre »

Any word on development? It would be great to not need to use so many different apps to manage my music. Having to separately run MusicIP/MusicBrainz proggies alongside MediaMonkey is rather tedious!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is on my list to be developed, but unfortunately at the moment there are other scripts that have been on there longer! I will get round to it when I find a bit more spare time though. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DrPhantum

Post by DrPhantum »

I'm having the same problem with the script error.

Through the use of other, less advanced, programs, my digital music collection has fallen into severe disrepair, and I have a lot of MP3s that are duplicates, and others that are incorrectly labeled. (Like the Artist, Album, and Title are all the same) I'm hoping that this script will help me to correctly tag all of the songs, but when I select any number (from one to all of the songs), I eventually get the script error.

Once I have correctly tagged all of my music, I hope to use Trix's duplicate report script to find and delete duplicates.

Please get this script working 100%

PS... Has anyone here used Picard to do the same thing as this script? Can you alphabetize the right pane in Picard? I ran it once, and it did its thing on all my MP3s, but I couldn't sort the right pane by A-Z, so it was really hard to place the unmatched files where they belong. I was able to get everything matched once, but now Picard crashes if I search my whole MP3 folder. Any help? Thanks!
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

I'd love to use this script too once it's finished.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry I've not found much time for scripting in the past few weeks. It is still on my list though and will get worked on when I can find some spare time! :)
JOhn-vogel

Post by JOhn-vogel »

Are there any news on this project? I would be pleased to have a fully functional version of this script!

Greets
John
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The news is still the same, sorry.
Aff

Post by Aff »

I found the reason for errors around line 240: it's simply that for some songs not all pieces of information (title, artist, year, genre) are available, but the scripts expects all of the 4 items in a fixed order.
So you can change this piece of code to get the items by name and to jump over non-existing ones - quick and dirty :)

Code: Select all

on error resume next
    'ttl = GetText(trk.ChildNodes.Item(0)) <<< original code
    ttl = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("title").Item(0))
    art = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("artist").Item(0).ChildNodes.Item(0))
    rel = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("first-release-date").Item(0))
    gen = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("genre-list").Item(0).ChildNodes.Item(0).ChildNodes.Item(0))
    on error goto 0
Now it works fine for me (in spite of several 'unanalyzable' songs). Thanks to trixmoto!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for taking a look at this - I'll try to get it fixed in the next version.
Lona

Post by Lona »

I can confirm changing the code a bit as suggested by Aff does solve the 'line 240' problem. Great!
Aff

Post by Aff »

I found a simple solution for unanalyzable tracks: the file mipcore.exe from musicip is missing!
See http://forums.musicip.com/index.php?showtopic=2780
You can register there to download the file.
@trixmoto: could you please include the file?

There remain some problems with special characters. The generated XML is UTF-8, except the track file. When reading the XML via the filesystemobject, all special characters can not be transformed properly, so instead of e.g. "é" the tag would be written with "é".
An example (MIPT.xml):

<track file="X:\test\11 - Mylène Farmer - Desenchantee.mp3" puid="9caebabc-016f-4ef4-f91d-a7177b774da7">
<title>Désenchantée</title>
<artist>
<name>Mylène Farmer</name>

Instead of LoadXML you could use Load to read the file directly, which reads and transforms special characters correctly:

xml.Load(dat)
But this doesn't work because the namespace prefix is not defined in the XML. Well, it can be overcome by rewriting the XML without "mips:", similar to trixmotos solution.
But Load doesn't work with track file names containing special characters!

Perhaps trixmoto or anyone else has got an idea how to solve this?
Aff

Post by Aff »

OK, here is a solution (or rather kind of a workaround) for special characters, simply by reading and rewriting the MIPT.xml without track file name and namespace prefix and then reading the XML with Load.

Dim fil : Set fil = fso.OpenTextFile(dat,1,True)
  dim s: s = Replace(fil.ReadAll,"mip:","")
  Dim iPF: iPF = InStr(s, "file=") - 1
  If iPF > 0 Then
    Dim iPP: iPP = InStr(Mid(s, iPF + 7), """") + iPF + 8
    s = Left(s, iPF) & Mid(s, iPP)
  End If
  fil.Close()
  Set fil = fso.OpenTextFile(dat,2,True)
  fil.Write(s)
  fil.Close()
  Call xml.Load(dat)    
  'Call xml.LoadXML(Replace(fil.ReadAll,"mip:",""))    <<< original
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for investigating this - I will certainly look at including the file and your fix/workaround in the next version of this script.