MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.7 - Updated 17/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Which version of MM?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
monkeymoneymaker

Post by monkeymoneymaker »

trixmoto wrote:No, this is an auto-tag source, it can't run automatically, certainly not before being added to the library. You could create an autoplaylist for tracks without a PUID, that's what I do. This script just uses the database, so yes, this probably means that multiple tracks have the same PUID, or the PUID has been incorrectly assigned.
How do I make a playlist for songs without a PUID?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

In the auto-playlist criteria just select the field you're using and say equal to blank.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
elandin

Post by elandin »

New to MM. I am getting errors when I try this script with m4a files which are from my itunes. Do I need to convert the files to mp3? I'm using latest version of MM gold.

Update: Nevermind ...It works! I used the script from the tools menu and got success! Thanks!
hodgeac

Post by hodgeac »

Getting the following error when attempting to run the script:
Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument
File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MIPT\MusicIPTagger.vbs", Line: 548, Column: 12
Any help would be appreciated.
I'm on Windows 7 x64. Its a fresh install. I'm an administrator, MediaMonkey is set to run as admin as well. I've even set mipcore and genpuid to run as admin. I installed the mmip from your website, when i got the error the first thing i tried was replacing the vbs file with a new one that had the code from this thread in it. Same error so I just set it back to the vbs file that came with the mmip. I set debug to true in the vbs file but I can't see that its logging anywhere.
Thanks for your help in advance!
-Alex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The logfile should be in your Windows temporary directory (%temp%). Can you please create an empty file called "MIPT.xml" in this directory and see if that resolves the problem?
hodgeac

Post by hodgeac »

trixmoto wrote:The logfile should be in your Windows temporary directory (%temp%). Can you please create an empty file called "MIPT.xml" in this directory and see if that resolves the problem?
MIPT.xml exists. It is empty. MIPT.log exists.

Contents of MIPT.log show no errors.
10:31:08 AM StartSearch(Panel,"Nelly Furtado","Nelly Furtado","")
10:31:08 AM ShowResult(0)
10:31:09 AM ContinueSearch(Tmr)
10:31:09 AM CreatePUID(ele,"C:\Users\alex\Music\Nelly Furtado\Loose\02 - Maneater.mp3","")
10:31:14 AM FinishSearch(Panel)

Any ideas?
-Alex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Does the file "C:\Users\alex\Music\Nelly Furtado\Loose\02 - Maneater.mp3" exist? The only way I can see that messaging would come out is if it didn't.

Post by Guest »

Yes. It's there. All my music is in "C:\Users\alex\Music\". All tracks I try to use this tool on fail. They play fine in media monkey and I can look them up using the built in web lookup.
-Alex
trixmoto wrote:Does the file "C:\Users\alex\Music\Nelly Furtado\Loose\02 - Maneater.mp3" exist? The only way I can see that messaging would come out is if it didn't.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you please try a track without spaces in the filename, to see if this is the problem?

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:Can you please try a track without spaces in the filename, to see if this is the problem?
10:48:39 AM StartSearch(Panel,"KT Tunstall","KT Tunstall","")
10:48:39 AM ShowResult(0)
10:48:39 AM ContinueSearch(Tmr)
10:48:39 AM CreatePUID(ele,"C:\Users\alex\Music\Various\I_Want_You_Back.mp3","")

Same problem. :(
-Alex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Is there nothing after the "CreatePUID" line at all? :-?
hodgeac

Post by hodgeac »

trixmoto wrote:Is there nothing after the "CreatePUID" line at all? :-?
10:50:26 AM FinishSearch(Panel)
Sorry, not sure how that didn't make my copy/paste.
-Alex
hodgeac

Post by hodgeac »

hodgeac wrote:
trixmoto wrote:Is there nothing after the "CreatePUID" line at all? :-?
10:50:26 AM FinishSearch(Panel)
Sorry, not sure how that didn't make my copy/paste.
-Alex
Ah, probably because it wasn't in the log yet when i copied. Looks like that last event probably doesn't pop until i close the lookup window?
-Alex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

"FinishedSearch" is what you should get, so it looks like spaces might be causing a problem, but even without it's still not getting a result. I think I'll have to put some extra messaging in or something - not sure really what else to suggest.