Custom Properties Panel v3.3.4 (17-08-08) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Custom Properties Panel v3.3.3 (11-08-08) [MM3]

Post by nynaevelan »

MoDementia wrote:The fact that I was using one of your databases to test the script makes me think that the ---more--- is not required.
I've made significant changes to my Lists table, so if you want me to upload a more current version of my db, just let me know.
MoDementia wrote:I did a couple of additions and they were added to the lists table, but deletions are not removed from it :(
I noticed that but I thought I must have been doing something wrong again. But this is not a major problem for me because I use Bex's Remove Unused Genre/Classifications script as a part of my weekly db cleanup. However, it is a pain in the arse to go through alot of trouble to remove these from the Lists table to find they are still showing up in the Lists of the dropdown boxes. I have noticed that most, if not all, of the values are showing up both before and after the --More--, so I really would like it if they were only showing up once. Especially in the Moods Classification, the list is already long enough without adding more to it.
MoDementia wrote:So I need some feedback from users on what to include.
Just active values or include previously used (and MM defaults) which is sort of what it does now.

Obvously the SortOrder can be corrupted? so that is no longer in alpha order so the change listed above may need to be permanent.

PS This applies to all classification fields just depends how you have been using them as to whether the script works with them or not :(
Personally, I only want the active classifications to show and I would prefer whatever method would ensure the alpha sorting is permanent regardless of what I do to the db. I assume it is not possible to make this a user-definable option?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MoDementia

Re: Custom Properties Panel v3.3.4 (17-08-08) [MM3]

Post by MoDementia »

New Version

' 17-08-08 Version 3.3.4
' Added option to include additional classification values and fixed alpha sort on ---More--- Values
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Perfect, thank you... :D

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
cipher

Post by cipher »

I tried downloading this installer, and it seems its trying to open it in my browser, I just get a page of funny looking characters. I tried right clicking and "Save Link As" but when I try to run the file it downloads it does nothing. All the other installers I got worked fine. Am I doing something wrong?
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I also have to use right click "save link as" but both double clicking the file or right click "install mediamonkey package" bring up the product installation screen/form

Make sure it is still named PropertiesPanel_3_3_4.mmip after the download
sometimes they get renamed to PropertiesPanel_3_3_4.mmip.zip or PropertiesPanel_3_3_4.zip
dypsis

Script In Action

Post by dypsis »

I still don't understand the use of this script.

Could someone please post a screenshot of it in action? Is it displayed all the time, or is there a toolbar button to display it? :-?
MonkeyBone

Post by MonkeyBone »

Thank you VERY MUCH for this script!! Now, for me, MediaMonkey is really starting to be absolute complete! And that's almost an impossible task, regarding all the little details and such each of us have to make it personal! :D It's amazing!!

That being said, I do have a couple of things to ask if it's possible to change..

I've enclosed a screenshot of how it looks like on my MediaMonkey.

What I would like to have changed / added:

1) I really don't like the bright blue color that's almost "headlining" this panel. Is it possible to change the color so it's perhaps gray like the top bar of MediaMonkey itself, or, even better for me (since the Artist - Title -info already is present), if someone could remove the line altogether. Perhaps just edit it, and upload it without further editing! It would be great! Thanks in advance! :)

2) Perhaps this is possible, but I haven't figured it out yet: If you see the tag "composer", you can see that the text is bold. Is it possible to make the text bold on all of the "tag-names" (not what's in the tags), even when field is on one line only!? Thanks!

3) I can't find an option/tag for "filename", just "path" (which includes filename). Possible to add so both path (without filename) and filename (without path) can be added? Thanks! :)

4) Possible to remove head-bars? I do think that the profile - dropdown bar, the "update properties" text, the "ok" button, and (since it's the only one left) the NP/S - button should be removed. I think these settings should only be visible in the Options / Custom Properties Panel - option. I can see the use for it -to be made easy, but for me it's a "display" -thing. Would it be possible to make an option in the options panel to click a box that says "show profile-box in panel", or something!? Thank, again..

5) In "Last Played", is it possible to separate the date and time with a comma (,)?

Well, I think that's about it..

Please, do NOT get me wrong!! This scripts is absolutely great, and thanks so much for the creators and all those who have helped!! This is just a request to make it more "my style", more personal, and more minimalistic, which fits my setup much better!!

Thanks again!!

- MonkeyBone :)
4)
[AMD Athlon 64 FX-60] . [Hiper Type-R 580W] . [Western Digital Raptor X] . [Lian Li PC777B]
[Hightech Excalibur Radeon x1900xtx 512 MB] . [OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 2 GB Pl.Ed. Dual Channel]
[DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR] . [Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS] . [DELL UltrasSharp 2405 FPW 24"]
3DMark05 : 11043 . 3DMark06 : 5856 . (a non-clocked system) . AudioScrobbler . Xfire . YMDb
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

@dypsis
Sorry somehow I missed your post :(
See above post for it in action. Yes you can hide it from the view toolbar.
Basically it allows you to create your own little properties panel rather than right click properties (shift+enter) all the time to change common fields.

@MonkeyBone
Firstly it looks like you haven't discovered skins yet?
Most of them have a matching Monkey Rok Skin which this script takes advantage of to format the panel.
There is a Guilded Monkey Rok skin here
If you have Monkey rok installed, add this skin and select it, else save it to the ...scripts\properties panel\ dir over writing the temp.html and skin.css there

This should fix 1 and 2.

The script automatically reads the fields from the database, path and filename are not seperated, I might add filename as a read only option at some point
Frankly if you are going to change path/filenames I would prefer if you used the main properties window :)

Although it is also useful for displaying information the main purpose was to allow quick editing of common fields.
Removing the header, even if optional, defaets the purpose a little.
Again, I think if you find a skin that works for you the header is a lot less intrusive.

5. the date is exactly the same as the column in the main tracks window, It would need to be optional (I'm not keen on adding it atm) sorry :(

Glad you like it, thanks for the comments and suggestions. I don't have a lot of time to work on scripts atm but If I get the chance to add some "nice" stuff agin I will certainly take suggestions into account.

[EDIT] PS If you have a little html/css knowledge you can play around with the default skin. Files are in the directory listed above.
Last edited by MoDementia on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

MoDementia wrote:@dypsis
Sorry somehow I missed your post :(
See above post for it in action. Yes you can hide it from the view toolbar.
Basically it allows you to create your own little properties panel rather than right click properties (shift+enter) all the time to change common fields.
OK. So an editable properties panel, always open if you wish. :wink:
MonkeyBone

Post by MonkeyBone »

@ MoDementia

Thank you very much for your reply! :)

1/2) First of all.. No, I have not discovered skins yet.. Been quite happy with the default, actually, but I will check out the link you gave! Thanks! :)

3) It seems that I have a different purpose for this script than what you intended it to be, and thus: what it actually is.. I did not install this script to edit the fields, just to have them displayed! :) I wanted a script that could show more tag-information that what's already showing.. So, just wanted to see my tags displayed, not edit them.. Here's my thread that I started, and was directed to your script (of which I am quite happy)! :) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=34629

4) Again the editing-issue.. But, I will test the skins to see if the change of the color will ease my eyes.. ;) hehe..

5) That's ok! Thanks anyway! :)

I have a tiny-tiny .html -knowledge from when I tried to edit my own homepage back in '97 or something.. But, I guess that experience is next to nothing right now.. Thanks for the tips, though! :)

One last question before I try the skin-settings.. Since my original purpose of installing this scripts was just to display (and not edit), is it possible to *disable* the edit-functions in this panel? Why? So I accidentally can't mess them up, and don't have the opportunity to.. I mean: If it's easy to make an "view-version" of this script.. I don't want you to do a lot for work for this (like, unless you really, really want to.. hehe) :)

And again: Yes! I like this script very much!! It's because of guys it's really cool to play music and have music collection! :D (I buy absolutely all of my CDs). Thank you very, very, humongous much! :D

- MonkeyBone
[AMD Athlon 64 FX-60] . [Hiper Type-R 580W] . [Western Digital Raptor X] . [Lian Li PC777B]
[Hightech Excalibur Radeon x1900xtx 512 MB] . [OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 2 GB Pl.Ed. Dual Channel]
[DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR] . [Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS] . [DELL UltrasSharp 2405 FPW 24"]
3DMark05 : 11043 . 3DMark06 : 5856 . (a non-clocked system) . AudioScrobbler . Xfire . YMDb
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

MonkeyBone wrote:1/2) First of all.. No, I have not discovered skins yet.. Been quite happy with the default, actually, but I will check out the link you gave! Thanks!
Hi MonkeyBone

There's more than Glided skin, look in top of the menu on the web page:
Go to Addons -> Skins -> Skins for MediaMonkey v3.0 and higher.

I'm sure you'll find one with colors you like.

Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
MonkeyBone

Post by MonkeyBone »

Thanks for the skin-link! :) I will check it out! I've also installed the Monkey Rock and Glided-skin, and that worked great too! Thanks so much, again! :D
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

MonkeyBone wrote:3) It seems that I have a different purpose for this script than what you intended it to be, and thus: what it actually is.. I did not install this script to edit the fields, just to have them displayed! :) I wanted a script that could show more tag-information that what's already showing.. So, just wanted to see my tags displayed, not edit them.. Here's my thread that I started, and was directed to your script (of which I am quite happy)! :) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=34629
Mo already mentioned trixmoto's MonkeyRok script to skin the CPP. If you have installed that, you might want to enable it and check out how much information you can get out of MonkeyRok. It's very customizable and it's one of my staple scripts; i.e. I wouldn't run MM without it. It might be just what you're looking for.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
MonkeyBone

Post by MonkeyBone »

@spacefish

Hello, and thanks for your reply! :)

I just wanted to reply to why I was asking these questions.. I was told one thing, because of the simplicity of using the basic featured editing mode when it came to filenames.. but editing was not my purpose of the script.. But, thank you anyway! :)

I did install the MonkeyRok script, and that's amazing as well! And, was perhaps more the thing that I was looking for! :) Thanks again!

- MonkeyBone :)
garbanzo

Post by garbanzo »

i need some help getting this set up. so far all i have been able to display is either the Custom fields of the Playlist checkboxes. when i navigate to the User Defined Panels dialogue box, the only Data Set i see is something called DDUD and the Field drop-down is empty. also in the Data Set field is a entry called New, but selecting that still doesn't give me any options in the Field drop-downs.

what do i need to do to choose more fields to display?

thanks!