Custom Properties Panel v3.3.4 (17-08-08) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Eyal

Re: Custom Properties Panel Version v1.1.6 (13-07-08) [MM3]

Post by Eyal »

Mizery_Made don't forget to hit the OK button.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I made a change to one of the Custom Fields and the hit Ok, the change was shown in the Monkey, however when checking the tags of the file in another program, it didn't show the change.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Did you select the track from the Now Playing window? If so, there is a bug within in MM that does not work with the script, you have to select the track from the Main Window or the Now Playing Node. MoDementia posted a message regarding this a few posts ago.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Track was selected from the Main Window.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Do you have MM setup to auto syncronize? I just checked a few of my tags in MP3Tag and the changes are being read... :-?

Nyn

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Monkey is indeed set up to synchronize the tags upon change. Yet, after changing a Custom Field with this script, the change is reflected in the Monkey but not in MP3Tag.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

MoDementia wrote: ' Added Options Sheet for Custom Field data set display options
Thank you for this one, now the distracting white borders (due to the limitations of IE7) are not so blaringly annoying. :D :P My Monkey is back to being visually symmetrical and even more functional. Especially while I a working to wade my way through my thousands of duplicates, now I can update their status without having to jump to the Properties Panel. I am looking forward the additional panels that will allow me to edit additions to my library more easily. Although I still prefer the three sections kept individually rather than in one panel.

Nyn

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Mizery_Made wrote:I just now checked this out after seeing you added a Custom Fields panel. However two issues I have which turn me off from using your script is that it hits performance hard. The most annoying though is the fact that it doesn't appear that the changes are saved to the tag.
I haven't seen either issue while using the script Mizery_Made.

I don't use an external tagger but I have checked the files to edit --> Unsynchronised Tags; it's empty
Maybe you can check this before using an external tagger.
Just to double check you have options --> library --> tags & playlists "Update tags when editing properties" checked?

As for performance it is mostly related to how any items are in your drop down lists.
Do you have a field with lots of different entries? (I'm not sure what constitutes "lots" for it to take a performance hit)
Use the optons sheet to turn off the dropdown on custom fields that have a "large" dropdown list and see if thats where the issue is.

I suspect that over 50 or so will start to be be noticable.
In these cases the dropdown may need to be turned off and just use the text box to modify the custom field
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I just found a litle bug, no time to do a release atm :(

If you change a dropdown from unchecked to checked make sure you also check rebuild dropdown lists.

I will automate this in the next release.

Thanks
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I indeed have it checked to update tags when the properties are changed. If I update one of the Custom Fields with your script, then select OK to apply the changes, MediaMonkey will show the change. I use Custom 4 as indicator if the track should be synced to my iPod or not with 'Y' meaning yes and empty meaning no. The column I have set up for the field will correctly display the 'Y' I just added to the field, but that's it. If I look at the Timestamp for the file in MediaMonkey, it remains the same as it was before I changed the properties with your script.

Taking that further, loading the file in MP3Tag doesn't show the addition of the Custom4 field (and it's not a problem with this software as it correctly shows the other Custom Fields and will show this one with the correct contents if I manually update it in the Properties window.) Even opening the file in a Text Editor (thus showing the raw data of the file including the ID3 tag) shows no change between before and after.

Perhaps the strangest thing of all is this file DOES NOT show up under the Unsynchronized Tags node, though clearly not synced according to the Raw Data visible in the Text Editor. Your script isn't the only one where I've found this exact same behavior, Update Custom Fields with Pre-Selection will do the exact same thing. That being, will show the update within MediaMonkey, but fails to make the update to the file and won't show the file as being unsynchronized.

As for the performance annoyance, I've found that with your panel open, changing from track to track causes a hang of 3-5 seconds. While not exactly the end of the world, it is an annoyance. I have one Custom Field that has MANY values (roughly 49) and it was when this field was enabled that it was taking closer to the 5 second mark just to switch between tracks. With that one disabled (thus only leaving four on, each of which has no more then a max of five values a piece) there is still an annoying 3-4 second hang.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Mizery_Made wrote:
As for the performance annoyance, I've found that with your panel open, changing from track to track causes a hang of 3-5 seconds. While not exactly the end of the world, it is an annoyance. I have one Custom Field that has MANY values (roughly 49) and it was when this field was enabled that it was taking closer to the 5 second mark just to switch between tracks. With that one disabled (thus only leaving four on, each of which has no more then a max of five values a piece) there is still an annoying 3-4 second hang.
I cannot speak for the other issues, but I have two fields one has 163 different values and the other has 210 different values. Yet when I select on tracks which have data in either of these fieds or tracks which do not, I get the same instantaneous response. I tested in both Selected and Now Playing modes.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I have to say thank you again. This script is proving to be invaluable as I work my way through my Multi-version duplicates, which are tagged in one of my custom fields. :D 8) :P

Nyn

MoDementia

Re: Custom Properties Panel Version v1.1.7 (16-07-08) [MM3]

Post by MoDementia »

New Version

' 16-07-08 Version 1.1.7
' Replaced Text Display with Text Box
' Single Column width adjustment
' Fixed bug rebuild dropdown lists when checking/unchecking dropdown
' Replaced UpdateDB with UpdateAll (Mizery Made fix?)

Bit hard to explain the update, basically it uses less columns (depending on options) but has the same functionality

I noticed that my Delete Key dosen't work in the text boxes (same in 1.1.6) but backspace does.
If anyone else has this issue (XP or Vista) or not culd you please reply. The delete key works if I open it in Firefox or IE so I suspect it is an MM bug (We had it in single line editing a few beta's ago)

@Mizery Made.
Occaisionally I did notice some delay on tracks that were networked (path \\...), are your tracks networked or local?
I have modified the update code slightly. Even if you don't use it could you please check if it fixes your tagging issue?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

My files are all local. Though, this update fixes the strange behavior, so all is good now I spose. :)
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

[EDIT] See here
Last edited by MoDementia on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.