Uninstalling ScrobblerDJ

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Uninstalling ScrobblerDJ

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:07 am

I installed ScrobblerDJ (by .exe) and uninstalled it after realizing that there was a native last.fm plugin. For some reason, after uninstalling ScrobblerDJ (control panel > programs and settings), every time I play a song, an error pops up saying that ScrobblerDJ.vbs is missing. How can I get rid of this message since it's getting terribly annoying?

nohitter151

Re: Uninstalling ScrobblerDJ

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:26 am

Try going to Tools -> Options -> AutoDJ and then disabling the AutoDJ feature.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 am

It's already disabled and I still get the error message that says that ScrobblerDJ.vbs is missing...

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:01 am

Try opening C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Scripts.ini

Is there a ScrobblerDJ heading? If so, delete it and the lines underneath it.

Do the same for the MediaMonkey.ini file at either:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey
Windows Vista: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Mediamonkey

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks, it worked. It's quite troublesome when the script doesn't uninstall completely...

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:07 pm

Guest wrote:Thanks, it worked. It's quite troublesome when the script doesn't uninstall completely...
I agree, but I'm glad we solved the problem.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:43 am

Prior to the new MM3 installation packages (MMIP files) there was no easy way to remove entries from the "Scripts.ini" file. As far as I'm aware all the MM2 installers (EXE files) suffer from this same problem.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Eiron Page

Post by Eiron Page » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Mine is proving troublesome still. I've uninstalled it, deleted the references in the MediaMonkey.ini and Scripts.ini, yet it keeps coming back to the first of these files. Is there any reason why it should be so pervasive?

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:23 pm

Eiron Page wrote:Mine is proving troublesome still. I've uninstalled it, deleted the references in the MediaMonkey.ini and Scripts.ini, yet it keeps coming back to the first of these files. Is there any reason why it should be so pervasive?
No. Are you certain that you deleted the references from the correct files?

Eiron Page

Post by Eiron Page » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 pm

I deleted ALL the files. Then reinstalled them. Then installed ScrobberDJ again so I could run the proper Uninstallation. Then deleted ALL the files again. Then reinstalled them. Every time I start MediaMonkey with a clean install it tells me it can't find ScrobblerDJ.js. Then, when I do sort this problem out, MM seems to lose the ability to communicate its Now Playing data with other programmes, like FoxyTunes and the Now Playing script in MSN Live Plus. Plus, MM never shuts down properly. I have to cancel the process through Task Manager. I want to stop ScrobberDJ's apparent interference so as to be able to ascertain that it is not the sole cause of all of these niggling troubles.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:06 am

The message saying that the VBS file cannot be found means that you are not removing the entries from the "Scripts.ini" file.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Eiron Page

Post by Eiron Page » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm

I REMOVED the Scripts.ini file. It couldn't be more gone. Turns out that all I needed to do was to format the hard drive, reinstall Windows and everything else and the problems went away. Still, not sure I am happy with quite how determined this programme was to be a part of my life.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Bizarre, I've never had such problems. All I can think is that you removed the wrong one, but I hope you don't take that offensively.

Eiron Page

Post by Eiron Page » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:16 pm

I don't. But I really did remove it from my personal Application Data, and any other trace of it that I could find. I have a reasonable knowledge of computers. I'm not sure something didn't get stuck in my registry but whatever it was wasn't coming out with its hands up. Reinstalled without the experimental streak that I had in my first go and everything is fine. So... no further problems. But as I am no longer using the ScrobblerDJ plug-in I have no more worries. I think the main issue was my not realising the scripts left little uninstallers in the main MM folder. Running the uninstaller didn't do the job, nor did manual editing of the Scripts.ini. Or deletion of all the MM folders and clean install. But I've fixed it now, only through rather extreme measures. The end.

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 am

Eiron Page wrote:I don't. But I really did remove it from my personal Application Data, and any other trace of it that I could find.
Scripts.ini is located in the MediaMonkey\Scripts folder.

Something which may help you in the future is to install Clean Scritps.ini which checks that file for stray entries and removes any for scripts which have been recently been uninstalled.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes