MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fizzjob

Re: MonkeyFlow [Beta 4]

Post by fizzjob »

I'm also getting the blank window, although I can embed it just fine. Once in a while, when I start MM, I get the following dialog box:

Here's my monkeyflow.log file:

Code: Select all

** ERROR: SetCooperativeLevel (-2147024890)
Error: In Texture::Extensions::setupGLExtensions(..) OpenGL version test failed, requires valid graphics context.
** Load Time: 104.43 seconds
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 11, in ?
  File "main.py", line 2, in ?
    import Main_MonkeyFlow
  File "Main_MonkeyFlow.py", line 98, in ?
  File "MonkeyFlowEmbed.py", line 68, in Initialize
pywintypes.error: (1400, 'AttachThreadInput', 'Invalid window handle.')
Error: OpenGL version test failed, requires valid graphics context.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've not tried this since Beta 1 but because it's now embedded I thought "YES!" and gave it a go. It installed ok and cached all of my image files in the %temp% folder, but doesn't display any image at all (not even on the slider and other controls)...

Presumably this is something to do with the hundreds of lines of...

Warning: TextureRectangle::apply(..) failed, texture rectangle is not support by your OpenGL drivers.

...messages in the "monkeyflow.log" file. Any ideas how I can fix this (on Vista)?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
flashk

Post by flashk »

trixmoto wrote:I've not tried this since Beta 1 but because it's now embedded I thought "YES!" and gave it a go. It installed ok and cached all of my image files in the %temp% folder, but doesn't display any image at all (not even on the slider and other controls)...

Warning: TextureRectangle::apply(..) failed, texture rectangle is not support by your OpenGL drivers.

...messages in the "monkeyflow.log" file. Any ideas how I can fix this (on Vista)?
Can you post your graphics card information? It should be at the beginning of the log file. Either way, you must have a really outdated card or driver, because TextureRectangle support has been around for years. Have you tried updating your drivers? I know Intel just recently added TextureRectangle support to their integrated drivers.
flashk

Post by flashk »

fizzjob wrote:I'm also getting the blank window, although I can embed it just fine. Once in a while, when I start MM, I get the following dialog box:

Here's my monkeyflow.log file:

** ERROR: SetCooperativeLevel (-2147024890)
Error: In Texture::Extensions::setupGLExtensions(..) OpenGL version test failed, requires valid graphics context.
** Load Time: 104.43 seconds
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 11, in ?
  File "main.py", line 2, in ?
    import Main_MonkeyFlow
  File "Main_MonkeyFlow.py", line 98, in ?
  File "MonkeyFlowEmbed.py", line 68, in Initialize
pywintypes.error: (1400, 'AttachThreadInput', 'Invalid window handle.')
Error: OpenGL version test failed, requires valid graphics context.
Sounds like a graphics driver issue. What kind of graphics card do you have?
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

flashk wrote:Sounds like a graphics driver issue. What kind of graphics card do you have?
I've got an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT, running the 178.24 drivers. The stand-alone version of MonkeyFlow works just fine - quite snappy, in fact.
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

flashk wrote:
callmetom wrote:I started MM maximized - i dont use MiniPlayer atm - so thats not the Problem ?
Well I'm stumped. Would you be willing to try out a debug version of MonkeyFlow? It will just log more detailed information that will hopefully let me know why it is failing to embed. I've also made some slight modifications that might have actually fixed the issue. If you're interested then I'll PM you a link to the download.
Sure i will try the debug version - but i will email you first to try out your new version

Thanx
Tom
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
flashk

Post by flashk »

fizzjob wrote:
flashk wrote:Sounds like a graphics driver issue. What kind of graphics card do you have?
I've got an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT, running the 178.24 drivers. The stand-alone version of MonkeyFlow works just fine - quite snappy, in fact.
I was able to reproduce the issue you are having. I'll make a new release soon that will hopefully fix this for you.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

flashk wrote:
trixmoto wrote:I've not tried this since Beta 1 but because it's now embedded I thought "YES!" and gave it a go. It installed ok and cached all of my image files in the %temp% folder, but doesn't display any image at all (not even on the slider and other controls)...

Can you post your graphics card information? It should be at the beginning of the log file. Either way, you must have a really outdated card or driver, because TextureRectangle support has been around for years. Have you tried updating your drivers? I know Intel just recently added TextureRectangle support to their integrated drivers.
I saw the same issue as Trixmoto, here's my log (are my drivers outdated?):

Producer::VisualChooser: the requested visual is not available, trying to relax attributes...
Producer::VisualChooser: the requested visual is not available, trying to relax attributes...
Graphics driver info:
   Intel
   Intel 945GM
   1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1114
** Load Time: 0.79 seconds
Max cover size: 0
Cache folder: c:\users\steve\appdata\local\temp\monkeyflow_cache
before Font::Glyph::subload(): detected OpenGL error 'invalid enumerant
Found 727 albums in MediaMonkey database
Loading File: coverflow/top.osg
Loading File: coverflow/bottom.osg
Updating cached image for Kyle Andrews - Real Blasty
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
flashk

Post by flashk »

nohitter151 wrote:
flashk wrote:

I saw the same issue as Trixmoto, here's my log (are my drivers outdated?):

Graphics driver info:
   Intel
   Intel 945GM
   1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1114
** Load Time: 0.79 seconds
Found 727 albums in MediaMonkey database
Updating cached image for Kyle Andrews - Real Blasty
Yeah, sounds like you have older drivers. The release notes for the latest Intel drivers mention that Texture Rectangle support was added (http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16835/e ... es_gfx.htm). You can download the most recent drivers from the following page, http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
gege

Post by gege »

hey, sounds like I'm lucky man.
I have used MonkeyFlow since beta1, in an old GeForce 5600FX, with outdated nvidia drivers... And everything runs just fine here!

BTW, flashk, congrats for the embedded version. It's fantastic!
Sirandar 88

Post by Sirandar 88 »

gege wrote:
Sirandar 88 wrote:Any way to specify a same directory name for the temp executables in the mediamonkey.ini file?
See the first post.
Thanks for your suggestion but that flag only sets the location of your cover art cache ......

When it runs Monkeyflow extracts a bunch of executables probably related to Python into a new subdirectory of TEMP in your local settings directory. This might be done to avoid licensing issues. There is nothing wrong with doing this but because it creates a new directory with executables in it every time, it makes Comodo Firewall trigger annoying alerts that can't be disabled without shutting down a major part of the firewall. This would probably happen with other firewalls too.

This might not be fixable but I hope the author of Monkeyflow can address this problem as a fair number of people use Comodo.
gege

Post by gege »

Sirandar 88 wrote:When it runs Monkeyflow extracts a bunch of executables probably related to Python into a new subdirectory of TEMP in your local settings directory.
OK. I got the point now...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

flashk wrote:
Yeah, sounds like you have older drivers. The release notes for the latest Intel drivers mention that Texture Rectangle support was added (http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16835/e ... es_gfx.htm). You can download the most recent drivers from the following page, http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
Well I tried the latest drivers and I'm getting the same results in my log file, unfortunately. If I can make any progress I'll post my results.

Graphics driver info:
   Intel
   Intel 945GM
   1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1504
** Load Time: 1.60 seconds
Found 730 albums in MediaMonkey database
Finished caching: 6 seconds
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm currently getting...

Graphics driver info:
   Intel
   Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator
   1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1147
** Load Time: 5.17 seconds
Cache folder: c:\users\lewr1\appdata\local\temp\monkeyflow_cache
...but will try the latest drivers, as you suggest.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Just discovered the embedded version....great ! Seems to work fine for me on first observation; I'm running Vista 64-bit.

Something which I immediately notice; if I double-click on an album in monkeyflow to start playback, then go to the main progress bar (I'm using Gilded skin) and use the scroll wheel to adjust volume, it continues to flip the albums in monkeyflow. Even if I left-click on the progress bar area first and then scroll, it still scrolls the monkeyflow albums. If however I select a track in the details window, then scroll over the volume it works!
How can I fix this?

Also, is it possilble to increase the album art size a little bit in monkeyflow? There's a bit of unused space at the top and bottom of each folder.jpg. I know I can increase the window size, but I mean increasing the album size within the window.

Thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3