MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.0 [MM3]

Post by flashk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Aff wrote:In embedded state, when my mouse pointer is exactly on a control object (scrollbar, N- or maximize-button), it doesn't react on clicking. Only when the mouse pointer is quite above and well outside of the control, it works as it should.
Fullscreen works fine.
What's wrong?

Thanks for this script, looks fantastic!
Hmm, not sure what's going on. If you resize the MonkeyFlow panel do the buttons react correctly?

flashk

Post by flashk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:07 pm

andy.everitt@ntlworld.com wrote:Hi I get an error CAN NOT CONNECT TO MEDIA MONKEY,

Any ideas would be great

andy
Can you post the contents of you monkeyflow.log? Make sure you are running version 3.0.3 or higher of MediaMonkey. Also, if you are using Vista, run MediaMonkey once as administrator, then try again.

flashk

Post by flashk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:13 pm

NeilN wrote:I'm getting a memory leak in winviz.exe too. Right now it's at 400 megs and climbing.

Win XP SP2
MediaMonkey 3.03.1183

Log:
Graphics driver info:
NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce 7950 GT/PCI/SSE2
** Load Time: 2.66 seconds
Max cover size: 0
Cache folder: c:\docume~1\neil\locals~1\temp\monkeyflow_cache
Found 1932 albums in MediaMonkey database
Loading File: coverflow/top.osg
Loading File: coverflow/bottom.osg

Let me know if I can do anything to help track down the source.
Another user also reported this problem. I really don't know what is causing it, and there's not much I can do if I can't replicate the issue. I suspect it might be a graphics driver issue, since it's only happening to a few people. Have you upgraded your drivers to the latest version?

flashk

Post by flashk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:33 pm

danhackley wrote:When's the next version being released ?
I haven't worked on MonkeyFlow that much since the last release, so not much has changed. I've upgraded some icons (thanks to gege) and made a few other small changes/fixes, but nothing major. I don't know if it's worth creating a new version for. Hopefully I'll find some time to work on it in the next few weeks, and if not I'll just release what I've got. Sorry for my noncommittal, vague answer :P

Aff

Post by Aff » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:16 pm

flashk wrote:
Aff wrote:In embedded state, when my mouse pointer is exactly on a control object (scrollbar, N- or maximize-button), it doesn't react on clicking. Only when the mouse pointer is quite above and well outside of the control, it works as it should.
Fullscreen works fine.
What's wrong?

Thanks for this script, looks fantastic!
Hmm, not sure what's going on. If you resize the MonkeyFlow panel do the buttons react correctly?
Resizing doesn't help, it's always the same relative distance from the buttons no matter of the size.

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Cool, would be nice if you could include our previous suggestions, such as ability to show the album covers only for selected tree node, and also to have the possibility of the album art displayed in a jewel case. Some option to flip to rear album art would be nice as well !

Can you not get any help with Monkeyflow, as this is a major script which allows MM to compete (and beat) with the likes of iTunes and Songbird !!
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

NeilN

Post by NeilN » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:21 am

flashk wrote: Another user also reported this problem. I really don't know what is causing it, and there's not much I can do if I can't replicate the issue. I suspect it might be a graphics driver issue, since it's only happening to a few people. Have you upgraded your drivers to the latest version?
I updated them in January so it looks like they're one version behind. I'll update them later today and let you know what happens.

Tarkus Shakti

Post by Tarkus Shakti » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Hey this is a beautiful addition to MM, Thanks!!

I am running Stardock's WindowBlinds v6.4 [WB} and it seems to interfere with MonkeyFlow v1.0 [MF].

With both WB & MF running (AND WB set to ignore skinning MM OR NOT) while placing the cursor over the embedded MF, the cursor starts to redraw constantly and if you right-click, the menu pops up only to start redrawing constantly and resizing the menu to a smaller size.

Without WB running there are no issues with the cursor or the menu.

any ideas...?

PS: I'd like to see more sorting options; like Artist and Date to see the albums chronologically for each Artist [sorted alpha]

Thanks again and in advance for your help.

TS

Nikkor

Post by Nikkor » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Thank you for MF. Its a great addition to MM! I found that if I choose options --> skins --> override skin theme with Windows theme the embedded MF will not appear in its dock window. Is this something you have seen? If so do you know how I can not use MM skins but still have MF embedded in MM?

Thanks again for Monkey Flow.

Sirandar888

Post by Sirandar888 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 pm

flashk wrote:
Sirandar88 wrote:I am curious if anyone else has MM shutdown COM error messages when Logoff/restart with Monkeyflow installed
I only get this error message if I shut down/log off windows while MediaMonkey is running. If I manually shut down MediaMonkey, I don't have this problem. Is this the same for you?
Yes, Monkeyflow shuts down perfectly on my system when I exit Media Monkey. If I do a system shutdown/restart/logoff with Media Monkey open and Monkeyflow installed I get the COM error. MM doesn't give this error unless Monkeyflow is installed, as Monkeyflow isn't detecting a MM shutdown and is leaving a COM open

A lot of scripts had this problem before but this has been mostly cleaned up. It may be harder for you because of the way your program runs.

flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by flashk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:06 am

I just released a new version of MonkeyFlow that contains a bunch of small changes/fixes. Here's a list of what's new:
  • Updated some icons (thanks to gege)
  • Increased overall brightness of covers
  • MonkeyFlow detects when new albums are added
  • Startup time of embedded version is slightly faster
  • Text size dynamically adjusts to window size
  • MonkeyFlow works with non-skinned version of MM
  • Album art is cached on demand, instead of all at once (reduces CPU usage during startup)
  • Added option for changing foreground/background colors
  • Added Power Save option for reducing GPU usage (recommended for laptops and low-end graphics cards)
  • Added option for toggling docking panel caption (requires MM 3.1 and up)
  • Sort option is persistent
  • Accented characters are propertly sorted
Enjoy!

flashk

Post by flashk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:10 am

Tarkus Shakti wrote:Hey this is a beautiful addition to MM, Thanks!!

I am running Stardock's WindowBlinds v6.4 [WB} and it seems to interfere with MonkeyFlow v1.0 [MF].

With both WB & MF running (AND WB set to ignore skinning MM OR NOT) while placing the cursor over the embedded MF, the cursor starts to redraw constantly and if you right-click, the menu pops up only to start redrawing constantly and resizing the menu to a smaller size.

any ideas...?
I've never used WindowBlinds, so I don't know what's going on here. It seems like it doesn't play nicely with OpenGL applications. Does this happen with other 3D applications?

barkoz

Post by barkoz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:24 am

Tarkus Shakti wrote:
Hey this is a beautiful addition to MM, Thanks!!

any ideas...?
Mate I also run WB and have the same issue, but I don't think it's anything to do with MF as it only happens with some skins and not others........shop around :D :D try Stainless Steel or GPod V2. No probs there.

Edit....... Nice update FlashK. Thank You.

DreadM

Post by DreadM » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 am

Greetings

WOW, flashk great update ,this color changing option is realy great,
now it match well with all skins.

Just one suggestion (don't know if it's possible)
maybe it's good to store the color settings as an inifile or something like this,
so the we skinners can make a skinmatching color file ,that we can bundel with skin.file/mmip,
so that the user can chose between different colortheme files,or that it switch automaticly,when we change the skin.

One more:The scroll bar would be nice on the bottom from panelwindow like in Songbirds Media flow,
also nice would be if the scrollbar can take the skin scrollbars style.

again great Update ,Thanks :D

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:37 am

barkoz wrote:
Mate I also run WB and have the same issue, but I don't think it's anything to do with MF as it only happens with some skins and not others........shop around :D :D try Stainless Steel or GPod V2. No probs there.
I tried the Stainless Steel skin and I still had the problem...

TS