MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.2.1 [MM3]

Post by rovingcowboy »

it was directed at anyone cause i got the same thing nothing showing but the monkey logo.

yes you can slow it down. if you got the embeded version go to the first page of this thread.

look at the first post and in it there is a code example to look at. that has the delay stuff in it.

you can just put that in the scripts ini for monkey's scripts and change its number to slow down things.
:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

rovingcowboy wrote:thanks dypsis you got me to wondering about this script so i just got the download for the embbeded one.

wonder how i'll get it looking on my small screen? :) :o
MonkeyFlow.exe is the same file for both the External and Embedded version.
The embedded version just has the additional MonkeyFlow.vbs.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

dypsis wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:thanks dypsis you got me to wondering about this script so i just got the download for the embbeded one.

wonder how i'll get it looking on my small screen? :) :o
MonkeyFlow.exe is the same file for both the External and Embedded version.
The embedded version just has the additional MonkeyFlow.vbs.
well this is strange then cause it works on this computer and great..

and it don't show anything but the mm logo on the jukebox computer?

by the way the height of the now playing playlist is not lockable, it just connects to the track browser or other windows
that are put to the screens start button side of it, in the same dock as it.

the jumping size has been around for a few years now they can't seem to fix it but the use of the other window to help keep it the same size as the other window is the best thing i can find. the trouble with using the dockable windows inside the listview area is, the fact that the list view is not a dock area. so the dockable windows will only stick to the
sides of the dock areas when you put them in the list view area. (which is really out side of the dock area's)

best way to describe the areas i can think of is they are like a picture frame. hold up an empty frame and you got four dock areas and one pass through area.

you can configure the docks any way you want to shape the frame. but you can't do anything with the empty space only put something behind the frame to cover the empty space. most use photos for that, but in the computer program mediamonkey. he uses the listview for that.

so if you could punch a hole in the listview you would see your blank screen. but in moving the dock areas you can see the section of listview area they are sitting in front of.

hope that helps you understand why the now playing list can be the full height of the right or left dock areas and not the listview area. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

You Must First Run MediaMonkey As Administrator

Post by dypsis »

For those of you who can't get it to work, have you done the following?
Before running this on Windows Vista/7 for the first time, you must first run MediaMonkey as administrator in order for the SongsDB COM server to be registered.
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

mine *was* working on win7, but stopped.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'm having the trouble on the xp pro sp3 jukebox, but i went back and re read the first post where he says it was made for a dual cpu.

my jukebox has a single core cpu could that be the cause of my only getting the monkey flow start up screen split in two and never loading any thing?

:o
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

rovingcowboy wrote:i'm having the trouble on the xp pro sp3 jukebox, but i went back and re read the first post where he says it was made for a dual cpu.

my jukebox has a single core cpu could that be the cause of my only getting the monkey flow start up screen split in two and never loading any thing?

One of the computers that I am running MonkeyFlow on is an AthlonXP 2400+, so I don't think that is the problem.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

dypsis wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:i'm having the trouble on the xp pro sp3 jukebox, but i went back and re read the first post where he says it was made for a dual cpu.

One of the computers that I am running MonkeyFlow on is an AthlonXP 2400+, so I don't think that is the problem.
okay umm? are you able to go through your computers list of services with that single core cpu and email me a list of the enabled services maybe i got one off that should be on?

one program i know of that will show you the list of services is the MZultimate Tweaker Xp verison, i found it at majorgeeks.com it has a services panel that will show you them and what they are used for. so it is save to use that to view them as that only does things if you click the change buttons. just viewing them does nothing to mess them up.

if you view them with the windows viewer it does not tell you want they are used for or what programs need them to work.

so in my tweaking of that computer i might have shut off one that is needed to be used by this script. thanks for your help if you can or are willing to do that. if not thats fine too it will just take me longer to find the one or if there is one off at all.

dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Just another thought.

Considering the fact that MonkeyFlow uses the Temp folder to store the images, have you tried clearing your Temp folder prior to starting MediaMonkey?

%TEMP%/monkeyflow_cache

Also. Do you have much disc space left?

Have you messed around with your default services? Mine are all default settings.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

messed around with the default services. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

man i tweaked the heck out of that jukebox now just trying to see what was causing the monkey to remove all album art from my various artist albums. and the album artist names. could not find that error's reason but i changed the services so much doing that i forgot which i changed.? i also turned off every thing that was to go online. since that is being used as an off line jukebox.

so yep i guess i did mess with them. :) :wink:

yes i clean the temp file every day it does it all by its self and it also restarts every day all by its self. it has already restarted once this morning about 10 minutes ago, will do another restart in an hour then start to play music.
i'll of course be going to sleep then. 8) but it will continue to play all day so any one that might hear it on their radio can listen to it. of course they have to be with in 300 feet of my house? but some here appear to listen so i let it go.

do i have much space left?

40 gbs on one drive. 20 gbs on the other drive and one whole drive of i think 80 gbs? all that is left. plus the 10 gb's left on the c drive.

so lots of empty space yet. :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well i've been checking this monkeyflow script out on this computer and it works fine for about 2 to 3 hours

then it fills up the ram with so many album covers it locks monkey and crashes him.

so either monkeyflow has a limit on the ram it uses or it is causing mediamonkey to use too much ram.
or the limit is not ram but in the size of the cache. either way something dealing with those is locking
monkey when i get about 1000 album covers in the list. if that is the cause of it then monkey flow is not
any good for more then 800 or 900 album covers. which makes it a fun thing to check out but not anything
worth installing on the huge libray jukebox's most of us have.

:)
dypsis

Is MonkeyFlow Still Being Developed?

Post by dypsis »

Is this Addon still being developed?
I think it has awesome potential.

Unless, of course there are plans to have this feature implemented natively into MediaMonkey.
rovingcowboy

Re: Is MonkeyFlow Still Being Developed?

Post by rovingcowboy »

dypsis wrote:Is this Addon still being developed?
I think it has awesome potential.

Unless, of course there are plans to have this feature implemented natively into MediaMonkey.
i agree with you on that.

i held off on getting anything like this cause of the " i hate itunes " syndrom. and this looked like it too much
but since you got me to download this it is a very good idea if it can just get more album covers loaded or be made
to use them from within the tags and not need to cache them.

i remember seeing something like this on jukeboxes in different places but they were more for video showing then record playing. still they had a lot of people using them, i think just cause of the pictures, people are attracted to pictures more then words.

hope they are fixing this or making it workable as a feature in mediamonkey. but how will it work with the video part of mediamonkey i wonder if it will mess with the video codes?

8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i been checking the vbs file with the embeded version of this.

and i think i found a fix for the number of images which caused the crash i had.

in the vbs file there is a section that looks to me like it is telling monkeyflow to update the images every
1000 songs.

if that is songs added to the list or played i can't tell? but i changed that from 1000 to 100 and it seems to work
better on my system as it played longer then it did the other day with out the lockup.

how ever i found if i happen to click the previous or next at the same time monkeyflow is updating the covers,
i can get it to lock up that way too.

so this 1000 number might be needing changed by according to the users amount of ram and free space on their computer.

i don't know if you can change the number in the plugin app. version of this script?

tirim4

Post by tirim4 »

A request: A popup showing which letter you're on as you are browsing through your album art.