MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

danhackley

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.2.1 [MM3]

Post by danhackley »

This problem was mentioned earlier in this thread, but in a different context.

I had MonkeyFlow working perfectly on my new laptop, running on Vista. I then installed Windows 7. Now, when I start up Mediamonkey, Monkeyflow starts but displays the message "Graphics driver not compatible with MonkeyFlow (texture rectangle not supported)".

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Dan
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I guess you only have some generic Windows 7 graphics card driver installed and you'll have to get the actual video card drivers from the manufacturer website.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Thanks, I updated my graphics drivers and that seemed to fix it. Another issue I've noticed; when I go to appearance in Monkeyflow and change the background colour, Mediamonkey seems to crash, though the music keeps playing.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

flashk - when browsing via album covers on the iPhone (and maybe with iTunes, but I don't use it), you can press a button to flip the cover to see the tracks on the reverse, and select which track to play. Were you planning to incorporate anything like this?
Thanks
Dan
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Perien

Post by Perien »

MonkeyFlow suddenly stopped working. It looks like it don't start or something, no expert :P Anyway here's how it looks:
As you can see, it doesnt load, no splash screen or anything, just the background colour I set the other day.

Anyone that knows what has gone wrong? :)

Post by Guest »

Exactly the same happened here today. MonkeyFlow 1 is still working. Just don't know how that came and how to make it work again.
flashk

Post by flashk »

Dreadlau wrote:I have some problem with MF (embedded)on my setup:

First one is that I can't open the appearance menu without winviz crashing.

Second one is that when MF is running, extra windows in mm (like option or properties) don't come on top of main window anymore.

I'm using Windows xp sp3
mm 3.2.0.1994
mf 1.2.1

Plz tell me if I can give you any info or log that could help you track down this issues.
This sounds like a buggy graphics driver. What model ATI graphics card do you have? Have you installed the latest drivers?
flashk

Post by flashk »

danhackley wrote:Thanks, I updated my graphics drivers and that seemed to fix it. Another issue I've noticed; when I go to appearance in Monkeyflow and change the background colour, Mediamonkey seems to crash, though the music keeps playing.
Are the MediaMonkey and MonkeyFlow processes still running when this happens? Does the MF log file contain any error messages?
flashk

Post by flashk »

Perien wrote:MonkeyFlow suddenly stopped working. It looks like it don't start or something, no expert :P Anyway here's how it looks:

As you can see, it doesnt load, no splash screen or anything, just the background colour I set the other day.

Anyone that knows what has gone wrong? :)
Is MonkeyFlow.exe running in the task manager? If you right click on the MF docking panel, does it display a context menu? Are you running any anti-virus software? One user reported that MF was being blocked by their anti-virus program and they had to add it to the white-list.
Perien

Post by Perien »

flashk wrote:
Is MonkeyFlow.exe running in the task manager? If you right click on the MF docking panel, does it display a context menu? Are you running any anti-virus software? One user reported that MF was being blocked by their anti-virus program and they had to add it to the white-list.
MonkeyFlow.exe is not running and nothing happens if I right click. I'm running the Microsoft Antivirus but I have never had this problem before with MonkeyFlow, but I can try adding it to the white list. I will see how that goes when I come home :)

Post by Guest »

Hey, I'm still having the same problem. I'm runnning antivir, didn't find anything to add MediaMonkey or MonkeyFlow to a WhiteList. Running as well Comodo but allowed everything that has to do with Mediamonkey or Monkeyflow. Also tried to run Monkeyflow with both the Antivir and the Firewall shut down. Even tried a few minutes ago recovering an old windows system build from last friday - still the same problem. MonkeyFlow.exe isn't even starting, just as Perien told. There isn't even a monkeyflow-debug file. MonkeyFlow 1 is working alright. Deinstalling MediaMonkey didn't help either. Running out of options what to try.

Running Win 7, Geforce GS 8400 (latest driver).

Post by Guest »

Again:

just started MonkeyFlow 1 again and looked into the Log-File.
It's saying "** ERROR: Failed to create inbox" at the very beginn. Don't know if that may help ...

Log-File:

** ERROR: Failed to create inbox
Graphics driver info:
NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2
** Load Time: 1.29 seconds
Max cover size: 0
Cache folder: c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\monkeyflow_cache
Found xxxx albums in MediaMonkey database
Loading File: coverflow/top.osg
Loading File: coverflow/bottom.osg
Perien

Post by Perien »

Guest wrote:Hey, I'm still having the same problem. I'm runnning antivir, didn't find anything to add MediaMonkey or MonkeyFlow to a WhiteList. Running as well Comodo but allowed everything that has to do with Mediamonkey or Monkeyflow. Also tried to run Monkeyflow with both the Antivir and the Firewall shut down. Even tried a few minutes ago recovering an old windows system build from last friday - still the same problem. MonkeyFlow.exe isn't even starting, just as Perien told. There isn't even a monkeyflow-debug file. MonkeyFlow 1 is working alright. Deinstalling MediaMonkey didn't help either. Running out of options what to try.

(latest driver).
Its the same here. Tried with running with Monkeyflow.exe in whitelist. The .exe is not starting and no debug file is created that I can find.

Running w7 64bit.
flashk

Post by flashk »

Perien wrote:
flashk wrote:
MonkeyFlow.exe is not running and nothing happens if I right click. I'm running the Microsoft Antivirus but I have never had this problem before with MonkeyFlow, but I can try adding it to the white list. I will see how that goes when I come home :)
MonkeyFlow will unpack a bunch of files to TEMP/MediaMonkeyAddons/MonkeyFlow and then run a file called winviz.exe within the extracted folder. You might need to add that to your anti-virus white-list as well.
flashk

Post by flashk »

Guest wrote:Again:

just started MonkeyFlow 1 again and looked into the Log-File.
It's saying "** ERROR: Failed to create inbox" at the very beginn. Don't know if that may help ...

Log-File:

** ERROR: Failed to create inbox
Graphics driver info:
NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2
** Load Time: 1.29 seconds
Max cover size: 0
Cache folder: c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\monkeyflow_cache
Found xxxx albums in MediaMonkey database
Loading File: coverflow/top.osg
Loading File: coverflow/bottom.osg
Based on the log file, you seem to be running an older version of MonkeyFlow. Make sure you are using the latest version and add winviz.exe (mentioned in my previous post) to your anti-virus white-list.