Add/Remove PlayStat 1.3.1 (2012-09-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Add/Remove PlayStat 1.1.1 (2008-10-09) [MM3]

Post by Bex »

I don't think I've changed the code here but Thank you! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Something changed because what would have taken minutes is now happening in seconds since the update.

Nyn

EDIT: Do you think my upgrade to 3.0.5.1187 had anything to do with it, I thought that upgrade was only supposed to fixed the iphone/itouch issues?
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

I don't think the upgrade has anything to do with it. I checked the code now and nothing is changed so I don't understand why it has been faster. Do you really mean "Add Plays" and not something else?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Yep, maybe it's something on my end. I did uninstall some scripts when I was debugging my access violation errors. Maybe one of them was the cause of the slower performance. :-?

Nyn

EDIT: I figured it out, I changed one of the settings in the My Custom Nodes script, that was the cause of my slow performance. To think all this time I could have had a faster MM. :-?

Nyn

RobSpook

Post by RobSpook »

Hello Bex,

I wanted to continue a discussion I was having with MoDimentia in his DEISync thread because the discussion moved more towards ARPS.
MoDementia wrote:The play counter works from the played table which iPod syncing dosen't update :(

I am working with Bex and Nyn on Add/Remove PlayStat 1.1.1 (2008-10-09) [MM3] which should almost 1 button fix the ipod plays after a sync which will make my personal use of the network sync almost perfect :)
I will also be able to test it myself and bring it out of beta sooner rather than later.

So to sum up, if you get your played in sync with your playcounts, see the other script for how to do it (combined with tagging inconsistencies) the network sync will also update the playcounts.
I was wondering if there is an easy way to get my "played" in sync with my "playcounts" using ARPS. I saw how I can do that for individual tracks, but is there a way to sync these tracks easier? I have probably hundreds of tracks that have these out of sync because I never really cared about HistoryPlays, only that my playcounter and last played dates stay accurate. I also couldn't find any information in this thread about the tagging inconsistencies he mentioned.

I would like to know how to do this "1 button fix" for the ipod plays after a sync basically. :) Thanks very much for your incredibly useful script!

Rob
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi RobSpook,

Well to be honest, I don't think this script is the best for you at the moment. You should instead try Chripstohp's PlayDate Manager.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31949

Tagging inconsistencies is a separate script you'll find the link in my signature. It will help you to find the tracks that need to be fixed.

All My Scripts
Bex

Re: Add/Remove PlayStat 1.2 (2008-11-27) [MM3]

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 1.2 (2007-11-27) [MM3]
- Added new function "Add LastPlayedDate as HistoryPlay" (Thanks to MoDementia)
- Added new function "Set LastPlayedDate to LastHistoryPlay" (Idea by Nyn)
- Added "Set to Count of HistoryPlays" in "Adjust Only Playcounter" (Idea by Nyn)
- Added Save and Cancel buttons in "Adjust Only Playcounter"
- Improved "Add Plays" a lot

The changes should be easy to understand. The two new functions have a information button which explains how they work.

Special thanks to Nyn and MoDementia who have helped with testing the update of the script! :D
Let me know what you think!

Enjoy
/Bex

All My Scripts
shemait

Post by shemait »

The newest update rocked my world!
I have two wishes, however:
1) To be able to manually edit the "Start Time" and "End Time." Or at least the "End Time." I just want to be able to type in those boxes so as to choose a date that is far in the past (November 25th, 2007) with precision and ease, without clicking the +/- buttons. If that is more difficult than one would think, forgive me for requesting it! :)
2) Probably even MORE difficult :o: To be able to apply "Add Plays" to multiple tracks at once. For example, I have many tracks that I played 7 times from November 19th-November 25th of 2007, and I would like to be able to highlight all those tracks and choose the "Start" and "End Time," and then choose "Add 7 Plays," and have it add the plays to every track highlighted.

Again, I know (second-hand!) how tedious/time-consuming these scripting things can be, so forgive the audacity of asking more from you!
This script (along with a few others) is surely the key to fixing all my incorrect play dates/counts (yes, I learned to back things up the hard way...)!
Thanks for everything!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

1. The problem here is that it exists a zillion different ways on how to display DateTime in the world. I can't code for every format so the current implementation seems to be the best approach.

2. Yes, it is difficult to achieve this but it is actually on my to do list. Perhaps I need to have this as a separate function? We'll see what happens.

All My Scripts
shemait

Post by shemait »

Well, I'm glad to hear that applying the script to multiple tracks is on your list, because it's the one I need the most.
Thanks for such a useful script!

As a small contribution to the thread, I found a program that changes various Windows timestamps. This is useful if you changed computers or something, and the Windows "Created Date" of your music files are waaaaaay later than what they would have been if you hadn't. The program I used is here: http://downloads.tech-pro.net/tech-pro- ... pwt01.html

Combined with this script, you can change the MediaMonkey "Date Added" to pretty much anything you want: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... atecreated

What I am doing is using Last.fm's records to correct all the incorrect PlayCount and PlayHistory data in MediaMonkey, which was caused by changing computers without backing up my database (bad, I know!).
Bex

Post by Bex »

You can also try Chripstohp's PlayDate Manager.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31949

All My Scripts
shemait

Post by shemait »

It looks like that script is almost exactly what I am looking for. In any case, it'll do! :)
I'd still support you if you wanted to add that kind of functionality to the Add/Remove PlayStat script, though. Hehe.

Thank you for your help!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Download link fixed! :D

All My Scripts
xtaticace

Post by xtaticace »

Hi. I am using this script with latest ver of MM .1203 and every time I try to add plays to a track I get these errors:

I can increase the play count manually using the script but its only the 'add plays' function that doesn't work. This only started happening after I started to use the beta of MM.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Although I cannot see the errors by the description I am receiving the same thing as reported here. I thought it was related to the fact I am running 3.0 and 3.1 at the same time, but maybe not....

Nyn