Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Try this modified version made by ZvezdanD: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 6725#56725
Which reads your "ignore prefixes" settings.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
dressen

Post by dressen »

Pablo wrote:In cased you missed this post: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14654 , MagicNodes' website is now at:

http://magicnodes.110mb.com
Looks like the magicnodes.110mb.com site is down at the moment I've tried for the last few days without any luck. DNS is not resolving.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I've just tried it - it works for me.
meinereinerseiner

Post by meinereinerseiner »

Hi,

First: I love the magic nodes script! :)

Is there a way to find albums, where the "Album Artists" is different from the "Title Artist"? Because I have some albums where the Artist is e.g. "RX Bandits" and the Album Artist is The RxBandits, so I dont find them in the same tree.

thx
tom
--
gnpf
Bex

Post by Bex »

I'll add this function to my "Inconsistent Tagging Node" script when i get the time.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14734
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ladino

Post by ladino »

Scarcely played albums\<album|sort by:sum(played)|top:10 percent|min tracks:5>
This example can be found on the tutorial page of the website, but doesn't make much sense as far as I can see. Because it sums all the tracks and uses the sum to generate a list, an album which has a lot of - small - tracks, will automatically get a higher sum, even though it even may be smaller and less played than an album with just five tracks but which has been played more times..
You should divide the sum by the amount of tracks in the album to get a 'weighted' album.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

ladino wrote:
Scarcely played albums\<album|sort by:sum(played)|top:10 percent|min tracks:5>
This example can be found on the tutorial page of the website, but doesn't make much sense as far as I can see. Because it sums all the tracks and uses the sum to generate a list, an album which has a lot of - small - tracks, will automatically get a higher sum, even though it even may be smaller and less played than an album with just five tracks but which has been played more times..
You should divide the sum by the amount of tracks in the album to get a 'weighted' album.
It would be better to divide by the number of tracks in the album but that's not currently possible. If you want to make it really right, you should actually weight by the length of the songs.

The node works well in most cases, it may not make sense with some outlier albums but I wouldn't say it doesn't make sense as a whole. It really is just an example of the capabilities of MagicNodes more than anything else.
Mummel

Post by Mummel »

I use the following node:

Most played albums\<album and artist|top:10 percent|sort by:avg(played>
(or just for artist)

and it works great for me!
Since I have albumst with no. of tracks ranging from 1 - 99, the average rating makes alot more sense.

By the way, if I could make nodes with avg. and total play length for albums, this would be great (at least I haven't figured out a way to do this).

P.S. Now 3.0 is out I really noticed how useful this script really is. I don't think I will migrate to 3.0 until Magic Nodes has been updated for it.
Many thanks!!
latinmusiclover

Re: Magic Nodes 1.3b (April 14, 2006) WEBSITE HAS CHANGED!

Post by latinmusiclover »

Pablo wrote:The web site for the script (including download) is http://magicnodes.110mb.com
I'm not sure if this is the right place to make a suggestion, but the download instructions could be modified/simplified as follows:

If a person clicks on the download "here' link, some (most?) browsers will display the text in a page instead of downloading the file. Better to right-click and choose "Save Target As..." (or equivalent) to actually download the file.

Instead of downloading the ".txt" file and changing its name to ".vbs" (which probably means unchecking changing hide extensions for known file types and then re-checking it after renaming), you can do the following:

When you save the file, you can add the ".vbs" to the filename and then tab to the "Save As Type" field and change it to "All Files". This allows the file to be saved as MagicNodes.1.3b.vbs. It can even be saved inthat format directly to the Media Moneky Scripts/Auto folder.

Great idea. I think I'm going to have fun learning how to use Magic Nodes.
lewd

Terrible assumptive instructions

Post by lewd »

Latinmusiclover, thankyou thankyou thankyou. I know more about the proverbial brain surgery than I do what is a "script" or a "vbsfile" , and only through your COMMON SENSE instructions was I, computer technobabble illiterate, able to install magic nodes. Turns out I wouldn't use it anyway, but GAWD I wish people who write instructions for this stuff would put 2% of the thought that goes into creating the gadget, program or whatever,....INTO THE BLOODY INSTRUCTIONS!! Have a nice day.
latinmusiclover

Re: Terrible assumptive instructions

Post by latinmusiclover »

lewd wrote:Latinmusiclover, thankyou thankyou thankyou. I know more about the proverbial brain surgery than I do what is a "script" or a "vbsfile" , and only through your COMMON SENSE instructions was I, computer technobabble illiterate, able to install magic nodes. Turns out I wouldn't use it anyway, but GAWD I wish people who write instructions for this stuff would put 2% of the thought that goes into creating the gadget, program or whatever,....INTO THE BLOODY INSTRUCTIONS!! Have a nice day.
You're very welcome. Glad I could help. But don't be too hard on the original writer. I write for users all the time. It's what I do. Others do their part in other areas. We all work together and the end result gets better.
plinge

Post by plinge »

Does magic nodes work with MM3 alpha2?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I highly doubt it as I presume it uses a lot of SQL which will need restructuring.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

Is it possible to provide magic nodes reordering facility in the script? Currently, nodes are displayed in 'Magic Nodes' node in order they were created. I know I can reorder them by manually editing mediamonkey.ini file, but was wondering if GUI solution is possible? Thanks.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

Does anyone know how to make a Magic Node or playlist of say the top 25 or 50 songs from the library. I tied simple sorts and could get the results I was looking for. Which are take teh rating and mutiply it by the numbers of pays. Not real scentific but...

So a song rated 4 stars with 8 plays would be 40 while 3.5 stars at 12 plays would have a score of 42.

Thanks Jeff