Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nojac

Post by nojac »

emalvick wrote:
nojac wrote:Thank you again, ZvezdanD. Now the zeros are gone!

I like that the year is visible in the node. But I would prefer it to use Album Artist instead of Artist. Now the compilation albums (Various Artists) are listed several times each.
Are they listing as various artists? or are they listing as the track artists?
When I use the mask Node\<album and year> in MM3, the compilation albums are listed one time for each track artist. (And each listing shows ALL the tracks of the album, not only the tracks by that artist)

But this is no big problem. I will be patient and wait for your general approach, ZvezdanD. (And if you figure out how to display the number of tracks after each album I will love you forever :D )
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gtbuzz wrote:Any idea why dates are stored in this format as opposed to the native sqlite date formats?
I don't know and I think that you should ask MM developers for same question.

As I know, SQLite don't has native date format. Date value is stored in database as real. Songs.DateAdded and Songs.LastTimePlayed are stored like that. But contrary, Songs.Year is stored as text, in YYYYMMDD format. It will be nice if someone of MM developers give us some more explanation about this.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nojac wrote:When I use the mask Node\<album and year> in MM3, the compilation albums are listed one time for each track artist. (And each listing shows ALL the tracks of the album, not only the tracks by that artist)
Actually, you discovered a bug in the modified script :) Well, if you had told me from start that this is only happening with MM 3, and not in MM 2, I could have known that it is my bug. Thanks for your involvement in this!

You can take a new 1.4.1 modified version of the script from the same URL as before:

http://solair.eunet.yu/~zvezdand/MagicNodes.htm

BTW, when I told earlier about multi-* fields, I forgot to mention that problem is only with masks with combined fields (<album and year> and <album and artist>). If you use masks with single field <artist>, <album artist> or <genre>, you would get same behavior with those multi-* fields as with Artist and Genre node inside of the Library.
nojac

Post by nojac »

ZvezdanD wrote:
nojac wrote:When I use the mask Node\<album and year> in MM3, the compilation albums are listed one time for each track artist. (And each listing shows ALL the tracks of the album, not only the tracks by that artist)
Actually, you discovered a bug in the modified script :) Well, if you had told me from start that this is only happening with MM 3, and not in MM 2, I could have known that it is my bug. Thanks for your involvement in this!
Sorry, but I didn't know it was only happening with MM3. I use the script only on MM3, I have not tested the MM2-version. (I am trying to fade out the use of MM2...)

Another detail is that if an abum has tracks of different years (I often use original year for Greatest Hits-albums...), then they come up as different albums, one for each year. However, this is more a tagging error than a script error.....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

nojac wrote: May be you should make a new thread for the MM3 version?
I think this is a good idea :D . Since MM 3 is still in alpha stage, regular users (i.e. not scripters, alpha testers, etc) may be confused if they come to this thread, which is linked from the MN website.

Anyway, that's just my suggestion, it's not a big deal either way :wink: .
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Pablo wrote:Anyway, that's just my suggestion, it's not a big deal either way :wink: .
Pablo, thanks for clarifying this. I started a new thread about modified version in: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19168
nojac wrote:Another detail is that if an abum has tracks of different years (I often use original year for Greatest Hits-albums...), then they come up as different albums, one for each year. However, this is more a tagging error than a script error.....
If I understand this correctly, it is not tagging error but newly discovered bug :). It was already removed from last modified version of the script 1.4.2, which you can find in the mentioned thread. This version has several additions, most notably is statistic qualifier. I know that you would be interested, because with it you could display number of tracks from each album (beside of many other things).
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

declan 2 wrote:I've use the following node -

Most Played artists|icon:top level\<artist|sort by:sum(played)|sort order:desc|all:no|unknown:no|top:100|min tracks:12>

I would like a similar node, which lists artists by the number tracks I own by each artist.
Is there a way to modify this node to only list those tracks that have been played??

Nyn
artistmax

possible bug in sorting?

Post by artistmax »

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to display each album artist by the maximum rating of any of their tracks:

Code: Select all

ArtistMax\<Album Artist|sort by:max(Rating)|sort order:desc>
It only shows a very small number of artists. At first I thought it was just the ones which have all tracks rated, but that is not the case.

Is this a bug, or is the query taking so long that it is cut-off? I am using the most recent MM 2 script.

Thanks!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Played Last Month|SQL filter:songs.id in (select idsong from played where Format(PlayDate,'yyyymm')=Format(DateAdd('m',-1,date()),'yyyymm'))\<artist>
Hi:

I tried to use the above code but it does not seem to be limiting results to the last month. How do I get it to work to only show results which were played in the last calendar month?

Nyn
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi nynaevelan, read here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 6637#56637

But i recommend my PlayHistory script for these things. (Link in signature.)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote:Hi nynaevelan, read here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 6637#56637

But i recommend my PlayHistory script for these things. (Link in signature.)
Thanks Bex:

Your Playhistory script is the closest thing I have to the MN's which I was using, plus it gives me some info which I was not looking for.

Nyn

Hi Bex:

I would like to take one of the features from your Play History Script and create a new MN. I would like to create a MN of the top 100 played songs and I want to be sorted/played based on genre. I was able to get the basic script to work but I cannot get it to be limited to only those songs that have ever been played. For example, if I have a genre that has songs that have been played with a sum of less than 100, the MN will include songs until it reaches the maximum tracks. Here is the syntax which I am using, any help you all can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

Most Played Songs\<genre|sort by:sum(played)|sort order:desc|max tracks:100>

Nyn
Last edited by nynaevelan on Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
pfranken

Magic Node for grouping Remakes

Post by pfranken »

Hi All,

I'm new to MediaMonkey and MagicNodes, so forgive me if I'm repeating previous work here.
I have fallen in love with these two tools and am now getting my collection managed with them.

Part of my hobby is collecting "remakes" of songs. With the biggest challenge of getting the original song. (ex "The Tide is High" is not by Blondie, but by The Paragons 20 years earlier)
I used to have playlists for them, but I would like to automate this based on the "Original xxx" tags.

I do have a Magic Node which brings me close to what I want, but I need to access the "Original Title" field. And that seems not to be available for MagicNode.
For now I have used the "Original Artist" field. This will group all Titles which are the same and have an original artist tag filled.
But this will not give me songs which have a title different from the original. When they are in another language for example. (ex. "Je Suis Gigolo" is the French version of "Just a Gigolo")

Remakes\<Title|min tracks:2>\<Original Artist>\<Artist>
I would prefer to use this :

Remakes\<Original Title|min tracks:2>\<Original Artist>\<Artist>
Can someone instruct me how to access the "Original Title" field ? Through "SQL filter" possibly ?

Thanks,
Peter
Netherlands
gregmasciola

Post by gregmasciola »

Hi. I'm just starting to learn to use the Magic Nodes script. I am trying to create a node to sort my albums for me, but I just can't figure it out.
I have the code:
Artist (By Year)|child of:artist\<Artist>\<Album|Sort by:first(year)>
which sorts an artists albums by year, but I am trying to make it more specific. For example, I have renamed my Custom 3 field "album type" and I either put "Studio" or "Live" into that field.
I want to make a node that will list an artists albums based on whether they are live or studio albums, and THEN sort those groups by year, basically so that it will show all of their studio albums in order, and then the live albums after the studio albums.
Like I said, I am new to Magic Nodes, and just don't know how to write the code. I have tried:

Artist (In Order)|child of:artist\<Artist>\<Album|Sort by:first(album type)
second(year)>

Artist (In Order)|child of:artist\<Artist>\<Album|Sort by:first(custom 3)second(year)>

as well as several other ways, but I always get the message that the code is invalid.
I've also thought of just changing Custom 3 to "Album Number" and have the albums sorted by that number, but I still get the same message.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

P.S.
To avoid some confusion, I don't want to click on an artist and see the choice to click on Studio or Live and then see the albums, I want to see them all in one list after clicking on the artist.
ba99

Post by ba99 »

I'm new to Magicnodes and really want to learn... I'm capable of making some basic nodes, but the following... I just can't figure out!

How to filter a node on a word in the Comment field?

For example, all my various files have the word "Various" in the Comment field, and I would like to create a node, only showing the various ones...

Thanks in advance for any help!
BA
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

ba99 wrote:How to filter a node on a word in the Comment field?
I think it would be something like this would be the appropriate syntax:

filter:lower(Memos.MemoText) LIKE '%keyword%'
You should be able to add multiple keyword filters using OR commands:

filter:lower(Memos.MemoText) LIKE '%keyword%' OR lower(Memos.MemoText) LIKE '%something%'
To avoid case-sensitivity issues, use the "lower" command and make sure your keywords are all lower-case as shown.

...somebody who is more familiar with the database structure might correct me, however. Memos.MemoText appears to be where the comments field gets stored.