MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: MegaDJ v2.54 [MM3] - (2011-01-03) (escape char added)

Post by Guest »

Awesome, thanks again. I think I'm all set now haha.
Pyth007

Post by Pyth007 »

I just Googled about my topic and happened to hit upon this thread... As I've been reading thru it, I've been very impressed with all that this addon can do. It's actually given me some ideas that I might like to try out!

I have a question, not sure if it can be done now or how to do it... I liked the concept of the rotation function; however rather than strictly play x-number of songs from playlist a and y songs from playlist b, I was wondering if there was a way to weigh each playlist.

For example, I am thinking of using this to help a friend DJ a wedding. I've been putting together playlists of Top 10 songs from different Billboard charts (Top 10 Country, Top 10 Rock, Top 10 Hot Hits (ie pop)). It sounds like the groom is more of a country fan, but most of the people going to the reception will probably favor rock and pop songs, with pop being the most widespread genre (esp. if people are wanting to dance... Country tends to have too many slow songs while rock has the opposite problem of having songs you just want to head-bang to). So what I'd like to do is something like rotate(TopCountry*0.2, TopPop*0.5, TopRock*0.3) where the *x is a probability that that genre will get played instead of the exact number of songs that will be played. I don't want to just do the weights on the genre, however... I have TONS of songs in different genres, but not all make it to the Billboard charts. Also, some songs / artists span many different genres, sometimes hitting all three (eg Picture by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow). Or is there a way to put the weighting function of the different playlists in a different node, say WeightedCountry etc., and then call rotate(WeightedCountry,WeightedPop,WeightedRock)?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi, what you want is similar to "Example 29" in the MegaDJ example list.
I'd scrap the idea of multiple nodes for now, and just have one node. Tick 'advanced' and set the math filter type to random. Then paste this in the math filter:

Code: Select all

if(TopCountry, 0.2, 1) *
if(TopPop, 0.5, 1) *
if(TopRock, 0.3, 1) *
if(TopCountry | TopPop | TopRock, 1, 0)
Make sure however that the tracks are tagged with either topcountry toppop or toprock. You may want to select no dupes as well.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
Pyth007

Post by Pyth007 »

I tried doing what you suggested, but I got an error to fix my math filter... I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong...

if(Custom 1~TopPop,7,1 )*if(Custom 1~TopCountry,3,1)*if(Custom 1~TopPop | Custom 1~TopCountry,1,0)
The reason why I have the "Custom 1" field in the math filter is so that I can sort on Artist, SongTitle (it seemed to work if I removed the field in the math filter and put Custom 1 as the sort field). Or should I use the query filter to filter on Custom 1 and that gets carried to the Math filter?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

That looks okay apart from you should use "custom1" instead of "Custom 1".

Sorry for slow reply.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
Mars74

Post by Mars74 »

Hello,
I get a nice Microsoft VBS Script execution error #76
Path not found
File: "C:\Users\pcbs\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MegaDJ.vbs", Line 955, Column: 1
The file do exist, but the correct location is C:\Utilisateurs\pcbs\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ ... It's even impossible for me to create such a C:\Users folder : win won't let me do & states an error?
Note I get the same error on 2 computers, both using win 7.
Any clue ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi Mars74,
That's unusual. Since when did it happen? Do you have the latest version of Mediamonkey installed, as maybe the usual path has changed? Does it happen when you refresh/create a node, or some other time?

Does anyone else have this problem? I use Windows 7 too, but haven't got that error.
Mars74

Post by Mars74 »

Hello,
Well, actually it happened just after the installation & never worked ok
I'm using MM4 latest version (currently 4.0.0.1399).
Both MM &Win 7 are french versions.
Thx in advance for your ikind help
AnthonyM1229

Post by AnthonyM1229 »

I'm a recent convert to MediaMonkey (Version 4 RC1 currently), and am using it with MegaDJ--I have to say, I love the script! Thanks for all your hard work, twinbee--I gladly donated :)

Now, there is some functionality I'd like to see: scheduled playback. I can do this already with regular MM autoplaylists via Peke's script at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 042#p25650, but I'd like to schedule playback from MegaDJ nodes instead (since they can have weighting criteria). I have a default node I cycle through all day, but, I'd love to at certain times, insert a specified time amount (say an hour) of songs from another node. A radio station I enjoy listening to has an hour each weekday afternoon where they play only classic songs, and another hour on evenings where they play only new songs, and I'd love to emulate that. Of course, I'd also like to extend that, like say weekends, I might only want unplayed songs to be queued. Or maybe I could queue up an 80s or 90s weekend, like a few radio stations I know of, do. Or who knows what else I'd think of, haha. Anyway, do I make sense? Is something like this already possible? Please let me know--thank you!
r0k

Post by r0k »

Mars74 wrote:Hello,
I get a nice Microsoft VBS Script execution error #76
Path not found
File: "C:\Users\pcbs\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MegaDJ.vbs", Line 955, Column: 1
I get exactly the same error message only with a different path, same line, same column.
I'm using MM4 RC1 and i'm still on an old WinXP SP3 box.
The file is actually located exactly where the error message says it can't be found :o
I see from your path you have a french OS, that's true for me too. Might be a localisation issue.

EDITED to add : I've just installed Mega DJ and dirrectly had this issue. When i quit Media Monkey i get another error telling me it can't create megadj.ini because the path can't be found.

Oh, and i can't uninstall it because, you guessed it, the path can't be found!
r0k

Post by r0k »

Self reply as i found an easy workaround to my issue so it might help other people. :)
I installed the script manually and now it's working. To install manually just open the mmip file with winzip, 7zip or any other zip compatible archiver since mmip files are just zip files with another extension. Inside you'll find :

<Auto> (directory)
Install.ini
Uninstall.ini
Uninstall.vbs
The script itself is within the auto directory, along with a subdirectory. You just have to copy both the script and the subdirectory inside Media Monkey's <auto> directory (it's located in MM install directory under <Scripts>
Of course, should you want to remove it, you'll probably have to remove it manually from the scripts directory.

EDIT
OK, now that i have MegaDJ up and working. Just to be sure i understood it (not that it's very hard to use thanks to the drop down menus to add criteria :) )
I tried creating a playlist that will randomly select 200 tracks with rating of at least 3 or unrated, that were not played in the last 2 days and are not maked as "album only" in custom4 (i use this tag to mark intro tracks and such that i don't want in random playlists). Itwould favor higher rated tracks and give even higher priority to metal. So i made this :
Query :

(Rating<0|Rating>=3)&(Custom4!~"Album Only")&(LastTimePlayed>2)
Math

if(Genre~Metal,Rating*2,Rating)
Does this actually match my plan. I get tracks and i get more metal so i guess it works.
Oh, BTW what does the "Cycle" and "Auto Refresh" checkboxes do?

EDIT 2 (since twinbee havn't answered yet)
OK i already noticed an error. I should have used lastplayedage and not lasttimeplayed so no need to point it :wink:
r0k

Post by r0k »

Mhh, looks like my previous workaround does not work with Windows 7 :(
Due to my previous computer dying unexpectedly a few days ago, i had to move away from my old familiar win XP. Seems like things are quite different with the new one. If i simply try to copy the script in MM install folder, i get a permission error. If i put it in my AppsData folder, i get a path error.
Would be nice to have a reply from the developper.

Does someone with Win7 knowledge knows how i could get rid of the permission error when copying the script in the application folder?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi guys,

I haven't been notified of these posts to my email which is odd (as it usually notifies me). Just knew now because one of you emailed me - thankyou. Anyway, I'd like to resolve this bug within the next week or so (just finishing off my other project).
r0k

Post by r0k »

't was me. Thanks for the quick reply as i sent the mail today. It's a great add-on and i can hardly live without now that i have been able to test it while i had a WinXP machine. :)
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi r0k, did you get it to work in the end? If so, feel free to post the solution here to benefit others.

AnthonyM1229, I'll at least bear the scheduled playback feature in mind, although it would be a lot of work.

Mars74, I'll try out MM4 hopefully soon, and see if I can replicate the problem. I'm still using MM3 (only just found out about MM4 today).