MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

raybeau528

Re: MegaDJ v2.3 - (2008-12-24 Xmas edition)

Post by raybeau528 »

Twinbee, I wouldn't change anything. I don't think there are many scripts that traverse the entire tree matching up a saved string with the node title. The trim works fine for me and anyone else reading this will now be aware of it. It did have me going for a while! Visually I'd look at the two strings and they looked the same, then I checked their length and discovered the difference, then checked the ascii values and found the trailing space.

Ray
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hehe, yeah sorry about that (I can only imagine the frustration something like that could cause ;) ) - this will encourage me to document smaller changes in the history.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
mazzo

Post by mazzo »

Rotate doesn't work for me. Rotate(vocals,vocals,soul,vocals,folk) will give first one tune from vocals, then soul and finally folk before it starts all over.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi Mazzo,
Probably because you're using Rotate instead of rotate, cos when small r is used, you'll see that new options suddenly appear, and you'll then find that "no dupes" is ticked probably.

Obviously, by unticking no dupes, it's still not really what you want, because it repeats the same tune. Onweerwolf also wants the option to go to the next tune in that same playlist, so that feature will appear very soon. I'll also fix the capital R thing to avoid ambiguity.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

Great work twinbee! MDJ is going from strength to strength :D

stan9980
huuhuu

Post by huuhuu »

@twinbee

Now the bug report number is 514. Nothing else has changed :(
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

MegaDJ v2.35 is released. As usual, install afresh or over the old version. If upgrading, reboot MM after install. Download here as usual.

Rotating playlists now act like people here expect them to act ;) For example, the following will take 3 tracks from rock, for every one from pop.

rotate(rocklist*3, poplist)
(notice the *3 bit, though you can just say rotate(rocklist, rocklist, rocklist, poplist) if you like.)

Also one can stick = at the start which means that it won't immediately go onto the next tune in that playlist if that playlist is called again. E.g.:
rotate(rocklist*3, =poplist)

Great work twinbee! MDJ is going from strength to strength
Thanks :D. I keep thinking it's all done for features, but new ideas always crops up ;)

huuhuu,
I'll keep looking. There's a tiny chance this latest version might solve the error but I doubt it. For any others who might have a clue to help with this, this is the sqlite error returned:

#define SQLITE_CANTOPEN 14 /* Unable to open the database file */
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.35 - (2008-12-24 Xmas edition)

Post by twinbee »

Huuhuu, oh have you tried upgrading Mediamonkey to at least 3.0.3.1179? MegaDJ won't work with versions earlier than that because of the special ForceCommit method. I should put this in the docs. It may just solve your prob (we live in hope).
huuhuu

Post by huuhuu »

My current version is 3.0.6.1190.
The update did nothing (as expected).

Thanks for the effort though. I wish this was open source, then I could do some debugging of my own.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Yep, the problem may occur in the compiled C source rather than the VBS file (though there's still a chance adding something in the VBS script will help I guess).
If you're that determined, send me a message/email, and I'll send you the whole source - beware though, it isn't very well documented yet.
huuhuu

Post by huuhuu »

It works now! (Finally)

I had an absolutely-no-point-in-trying-this-but-what-the-hell idea to move my database to another folder (editing the .ini).

Miraculously, it worked.

???!!!

Flawless.

?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Yay that's great news. I wonder what caused it. Do you think maybe that it was an odd database file path that the exe had trouble reading (paste in here if you like). Or maybe the folder with the database was protected in some way?

On a more general note, I'd be interested to see what kind of nodes ppl are coming up with.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

MegaDJ crashes every time I try to use sort fields. Tried on 1190 and 1220 versions. Using vista x64 sp1.
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Never experiened that - is there an error message with the crash?

I'll have a look anyway. In the meantime, you can also sort by using the math filter, as long as the field is a numeric type (date/rating etc.). To do so, simply type the required field in (e.g. rating) and change the math filter type to "Order".
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

thx, it works!

There is no error, megadj.exe goes to an infinite loop (closing and opening again) and wont let me shut down MM.
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)