MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.2 - (2008-11-22)

Post by twinbee »

Glad it worked out well in the end!

I wonder if anyone else here would like alternating track functionality as mentioned in this thread:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=34592

For example, a random track from Beethoven, then one from Abba, then Beatles, then repeat those three 100x or so. (random picks from each of those artists each time)
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

I would like the two genre mix option. This is a great addition to MediaMonkey!
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

That would cool... :D
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.3 - (2008-12-24 Xmas edition)

Post by twinbee »

Chrimbo release v2.3! :D Simply install afresh or over the old version. If upgrading, reboot MM after install. Download here as usual.

- There's a new "Node Autorefresh" feature that allows a node to refresh its tracks without ever needing to press F4. This is handy, but for speed reasons, don't go using it for complex searches on hundreds of thousands of tracks ;)

- An 'Unlock After' tune setting has also been added so that a tune can't be repeated until after x new tunes have played. If x=0 or blank, that's like the old setting where no dupicates are allowed in the entire list.

- Also, a potential node order bug has been fixed, and the user interface has been tidied up (options disabled/enabled better).

- Finally, the biggie - Rotating (or interleaving/alternating) MegaDJ playlists has been added. Simply type rotate(playlist1,playlist2) in the main Query filter (everything else is ignored), and providing those playlists exist, it will alternate between them. Multiple playlists are allowed. The example below will play two 'normal' tunes to every xmas one.

MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

I get an error when I delete a MegaDJ playlist (using latest version).
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Thanks for the heads up. What did the error message say? By some chance it didn't happen to say "access violation" or words similar to that effect?

It's a very rare error that. I tried for ages to replicate the bug, and finally it came up with it again. The cause would seem to be that the ini file is locked, and so can't be changed at that exact point. If you try to delete the node again, does it work then? It did on mine...

I'll look into it, but Windows is notorious for not unlocking files sometimes.
huuhuu

Post by huuhuu »

I recently swiched to vista. As a result megadj (along just about everything else :evil: ) stopped working. Any time I try to refresh a node, it says something like:

DATABASE OPENING ERROR: Try pressing F4 ...
bug report 1021.

Please let this not be permanent. MegaDj is one of my favourite add-ons.
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

rogerr wrote:I get an error when I delete a MegaDJ playlist (using latest version).
Here is the error:

Code: Select all

Error #70 - MS VBScript runtime error
Permission denied
File: "C:\......\Auto\MegaDJ.vbs, Line:612, Column: 2
My work around is to run MM as administrator (Vista) and then I can delete nodes.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

rogerr,
Good to hear.

huuhuu,
I wonder if your problem could also be fixed by running MM in administrator mode? Two other on this thread have had success, so you never know. If that fails, try rebooting MM.
huuhuu

Post by huuhuu »

huuhuu,
I wonder if your problem could also be fixed by running MM in administrator mode? Two other on this thread have had success, so you never know. If that fails, try rebooting MM.
Nah, tried that already (One of the first things I learned is to run EVERYTHING as administrator).
And I've rebooted MM like a million times.
I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the script.

My other scripts don't seem to have any problem accessing the database.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Interesting Script Twinbee! :D

Is it possible to have the rotate function play more than 1 song from a certain playlist before it switches to the next one?

Like:

Play 10 songs from Playlist 1
Then Play 10 songs from Playlist 2
Then Play 3 songs from Playlist 1
Then Play 8 songs from Playlist 3
Then Play 4 songs from Playlist 2
etc..
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Twinbee,

I have a script called Stations (replacing mmStations) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a which I use to assign a playlist or node to a Station button after which you click on the button to play the tracks. I was having problems getting it to work with MegaDJ nodes. Within a MediaMonkey session, where I create a MegaDJ filter and test it with Stations it worked ok but if I exited MediaMonkey and restarted it wouldn't work. What I discovered is that the MegaDJ node name, after a restart of MM, would have a trailing space which wasn't there before. That was enough for the comparison routine to fail. I got around this by using the VBS Trim function. I think it will work ok now but just curious about the trailing space in the node name.

Ray
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

I love both MegaDJ and MMStations. Really hope they can work together soon!
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Mine works! :)
You'll see an update today with MegaDJ and MagicNodes working.

Ray
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Is it possible to have the rotate function play more than 1 song from a certain playlist before it switches to the next one?
Nope, but this will added to the next immediate version soon - shouldn't be too hard to implement properly. Watch this space...

raybeau528,
Interesting that you found that 'invisible adjustment' :) The reason behind the trailing space is because of a glitch in MM. Rarely, when each of the MDJ nodes are being added on startup, for some reason, the node order changes slightly. It seems very temperamental (for example, changing a single letter in another node makes the ordering fine), and not something I can easily control. I found out that the kludge of adding a trailing space onto each node name actually solves this glitch.

However, I might change it back to the way it was previously. Do you think that may be wise? Even if you've fixed Stations to work properly with it, other scripts might still have problems if trying to access MegaDJ nodes?

huuhuu,
I've uploaded a new test version which could fix that bug. Replace this new megadj.exe over the old megadj.exe in your Mediamonkey/scripts/auto/megadj folder:
http://www.skytopia.com/software/megadj ... megadj.exe

See if it works - hopefully it will :) If the problem still occurs, please let me know the new error number.
Last edited by twinbee on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.