Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.6 (2012-01-09)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

JayLaFunk wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Rather than right-click on playlists why don't you just right-click and export child nodes for the node that actually shows the tracks (eg under the 'my computer' node)?
This is the path to my Playlists on my NAS under My Computer node - W:\[Public]\04 Music\01Playlists\(Any Playlist) I have tried what you say Export M3Us\Create Playlists\Export M3Us For Child Nodes and as I say I get the message "Selected node doesn't have any child node"...
You have selected node which doesn't have child nodes, so you should not use the Export M3Us For Child Nodes... command. You could use the Export As .m3u Playlist to Selected folder command instead if you want to save .m3u file in the same folder with media files or you could use the Export As .m3u Playlist... command if you want to save to some another folder.

If you want to export .m3u files for all folders on the same level, you should select their parent folder and use the Export M3Us For Child Nodes... command. In your case you should select 01Playlists.

If some folder doesn't contain any media file, this add-on will not create .m3u file for that folder, i.e. there would not be blank .m3u files for such folders.

By the way, I am not sure what you have selected because I don't use your skin, but it seems to me that you have selected some .m3u file already stored in some folder. I didn't try to export some existing .m3u node to some another .m3u file (and honestly I don't see any point in such thing), so you should use this add-on to export folders only. Actually, I think that I have disabled MM option to display .m3u files as folders in My Computer node.
JayLaFunk wrote:this is a image of my imported playlists in my MM database/library, they are not empty on my NAS so how do I get them to show what is in them instead of being blank...

This is an image of my playlists under "Imported Playlists" which show blank

This is an image of my playlists on my NAS which show correctly, how do I get this to show in "Imported Playlists"?
I think that you have moved media files outside of MediaMonkey. There are several ways to update their location in MM database, e.g. with Update Location of Files in Database add-on. However, if the location of your media files in database is all right and you just want to add your existing folders from My Computer node as playlists which will be displayed somewhere inside of Playlists node, then you could use the Create Playlists for Child Nodes command.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:You have selected node which doesn't have child nodes, so you should not use the Export M3Us For Child Nodes...
He has selected a node which doesn't have child nodes, so the program should not offer the Export M3Us For Child Nodes.... If the scripting interface allow this false offer to be remedied, I suggest that would be good.
ZvezdanD wrote:... it seems to me that you have selected some .m3u file already stored in some folder. I didn't try to export some existing .m3u node to some another .m3u file (and honestly I don't see any point in such thing), so you should use this add-on to export folders only.
Likewise if the program cannot export from an .M3U file, I suggests it should not offer to do so. Or if it must offer, should reject the command, rather than silently fail.
Chris
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:He has selected a node which doesn't have child nodes, so the program should not offer the Export M3Us For Child Nodes.... If the scripting interface allow this false offer to be remedied, I suggest that would be good.
Actually, you could use the Export M3Us For Child Nodes... command even with nodes which doesn't have child nodes, but you need to have enabled the Export selected node too option in the Options dialog box (he has most probably that option disabled).

Enabled/disabled state of some command in this script's menu is determined in the OnChangedSelection event which occurs whenever an user change the current node or selected tracks in the tracklist, which means that occurs quite often. So, it is recommended that this event contains as few checking as possible to reduce any lag when using UI. I though it is enough if the add-on displays the information dialog box after users chose the mentioned command, but I will think about your suggestion to implement it in the next version of the add-on anyway.
chrisjj wrote:Likewise if the program cannot export from an .M3U file, I suggests it should not offer to do so. Or if it must offer, should reject the command, rather than silently fail.
Again, that would be one more checking in the mentioned event which I tried to avoid, but I will implement it for the next version. Thanks for suggestions.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:Enabled/disabled state of some command in this script's menu is determined in the OnChangedSelection event which occurs whenever an user change the current node or selected tracks in the tracklist, which means that occurs quite often. So, it is recommended that this event contains as few checking as possible to reduce any lag when using UI.
Understood, though this check for presence of >0 child nodes would be fast.
ZvezdanD wrote:I though it is enough if the add-on displays the information dialog box after users chose the mentioned command
I agree. And this does happen in the above case i.e. My Computer M3U. But not it doesn't happen in the case of e.g. My Computer Folder.
ZvezdanD wrote:Thanks for suggestions.
You're welcome. Thanks for this invaluable script!
Chris
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

Enabled "Export Selected Node Too" in options...

Tried to export (M3Us for child nodes) Folder 01Playlists where all my individual playlists/M3U files reside, it gives me the option to pick my folder and I then click ok but when I check that folder nothing has been exported there, the folder is blank...

Tried to export Folder 01Playlists with Export as .M3U playlist or export as .M3U playlist to selected folder, nothing happens...
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

JayLaFunk wrote:Enabled "Export Selected Node Too" in options...

Tried to export (M3Us for child nodes) Folder 01Playlists where all my individual playlists/M3U files reside, it gives me the option to pick my folder and I then click ok but when I check that folder nothing has been exported there, the folder is blank...

Tried to export Folder 01Playlists with Export as .M3U playlist or export as .M3U playlist to selected folder, nothing happens...
ZvezdanD wrote:If some folder doesn't contain any media file, this add-on will not create .m3u file for that folder, i.e. there would not be blank .m3u files for such folders.
I didn't try to export some existing .m3u node to some another .m3u file (and honestly I don't see any point in such thing)
You should export folder(s) which contain(s) actual media files (.mp3, .ogg, .flac, ...), but not folder which contains .m3u files. As I said, there is no point to export one .m3u file to the another one. Well, it would be a reason for that if you want to create nested .m3u files but, last time when I checked, MediaMonkey cannot reproduce such .m3u files, neither many hardware/software players (WinAmp can play them though).
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:You should export folder(s) which contain(s) actual media files (.mp3, .ogg, .flac, ...), but not folder which contains .m3u files.
Interesting. I didn't know the script would actually create M3U from tracks.

But I find this doesn't work on folders. e.g. here where Dance All contains ~900 tracks http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3149/x2d.png the output folder is empty.
ZvezdanD wrote:there is no point to export one .m3u file to the another one.
One point is to generate absolute track references for an output M3U in a different location.
Chris
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:You should export folder(s) which contain(s) actual media files (.mp3, .ogg, .flac, ...), but not folder which contains .m3u files.
Interesting. I didn't know the script would actually create M3U from tracks.
The script creates .m3u files which contain the same media files that are displayed in the trackslist for corresponding folders. It works recursively as you would do traversing through the tree and manually clicking on each and every sub-folder of the selected node and exporting .m3u files for every one of them. Such approach had a problem with older MM versions since they didn't generate OnTrackListFilled event, so the script had a wild guess when every folder has finished refresh of the tracklist.

The .m3u files are not displayed in the tracklist so they would not be exported.
chrisjj wrote:But I find this doesn't work on folders. e.g. here where Dance All contains ~900 tracks http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3149/x2d.png the output folder is empty.
Please post the screenshot with the add-on page in the Options dialog box and let me know which command from the menu did you choose. Have you tried with disabled "All" nodes in My Computer/Location nodes using that MM option?
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:there is no point to export one .m3u file to the another one.
One point is to generate absolute track references for an output M3U in a different location.
That has sense, but as I said I didn't try to export .m3u files displayed as folders in the tree. Did you try that? Maybe that actually works with this script if the tracklist has displayed media files when you click on such nodes. However, that would not be possible anyway if you choose the Export As .m3u Playlist to Selected Folder or Export M3Us for Child Nodes to Same Folders because in that case there are not folders on the disk for corresponding nodes.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:The script creates .m3u files which contain the same media files that are displayed in the trackslist for corresponding folders.
Great. Perhaps worth adding that example next to the playlist example in the first para of the script description.
ZvezdanD wrote:
chrisjj wrote:But I find this doesn't work on folders. e.g. here where Dance All contains ~900 tracks http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3149/x2d.png the output folder is empty.
Please post the screenshot with the add-on page in the Options dialog box
ZvezdanD wrote:and let me know which command from the menu did you choose.
Sorry, I thought the screenshot tooltip indicated that. It is Export M3Us for Child Nodes... .
ZvezdanD wrote:Have you tried with disabled "All" nodes in My Computer/Location nodes using that MM option?
No I need All nodes.
ZvezdanD wrote:That has sense, but as I said I didn't try to export .m3u files displayed as folders in the tree. Did you try that?
I tried the same command on a folder of M3Us. No output.
ZvezdanD wrote: Maybe that actually works with this script if the tracklist has displayed media files when you click on such nodes.
I hope not - if it exported the displayed tracks rather than the playlisted tracks! :) But actually it does nothing.
Chris
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote: Please post the screenshot with the add-on page in the Options dialog box
He means at Tools > Options
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:Please post the screenshot with the add-on page in the Options dialog box
Sorry but, as nohitter151 noted, I want the Option dialog box, not the Extensions. I need to know which add-on options you have used when you found that problem, e.g. if you choose Export to parent folders or Exclude Unavailable files.
chrisjj wrote:Sorry, I thought the screenshot tooltip indicated that. It is Export M3Us for Child Nodes... .
Actually, you have selected a node without sub-nodes, so that option would work only if you have checked the Export selected node too option, as I said in some of previous posts.
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:Have you tried with disabled "All" nodes in My Computer/Location nodes using that MM option?
No I need All nodes.
I understand, but you could try it just temporary.
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote: Maybe that actually works with this script if the tracklist has displayed media files when you click on such nodes.
I hope not - if it exported the displayed tracks rather than the playlisted tracks! :) But actually it does nothing.
I don't understand. If you click on the .m3u node you would get displayed the playlist tracks in the tracklist, right? So, exporting of playlist tracks should be same as exporting of displayed tracks from any other folder. I will fix that in the next version if it doesn't work.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

nohitter151 wrote:
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote: Please post the screenshot with the add-on page in the Options dialog box
He means at Tools > Options
No "add-on" page found there:

Chris
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

chrisjj wrote:
No "add-on" page found there:
It's right at the bottom of the 'General' section, "Export M3Us/Playlists". That's the options page for this addon.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:I need to know which add-on options you have used when you found that problem
Installation defaults - I installed again today, but on a new MM.
ZvezdanD wrote:Actually, you have selected a node without sub-nodes
All is not a sub-node??

... you could try it just temporary.
Anything for you, Z :)

It gives:
ZvezdanD wrote:
chrisjj wrote:I hope not - if it exported the displayed tracks rather than the playlisted tracks! :) But actually it does nothing.
I don't understand. If you click on the .m3u node you would get displayed the playlist tracks in the tracklist, right? So, exporting of playlist tracks should be same as exporting of displayed tracks from any other folder. I will fix that in the next version if it doesn't work.
I'm not clicking on an M3U node. I'm clicking on a folder of M3Us. As the screenshot showed - "Dance"
Chris
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

nohitter151 wrote: It's right at the bottom of the 'General' section, "Export M3Us/Playlists". That's the options page for this addon.
Oh, good grief. It should at least have the correct name! :)

Thanks NH. Here it is:

Chris