Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MM3 monkey

Re: Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.5 (2011-06-12)[M

Post by MM3 monkey » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:22 am

ZvezdanD, I've uninstalled this script for now.

Can I delete the [ExportM3UsForChildNodes] section in MediaMonkey.ini? I'm using MM4.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:47 am

MM3 monkey wrote:ZvezdanD, I've uninstalled this script for now.

Can I delete the [ExportM3UsForChildNodes] section in MediaMonkey.ini? I'm using MM4.
Yes, if you don't want to use this add-on anymore or you don't mind to enter again the same settings if you decide to install it again. You already had that choice during the uninstall when the add-on asked if you want to remove the settings from the .ini file as well. Although, I don't know how much those 10-20 additional lines in the .ini file could change things. Do you expect that the program would run faster after you remove those lines?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:32 am

I just want to get my MM4 as near to a clean install as possible. Thanks ... and thanks for all the great scripts and quick, full answers and help etc. etc.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Hello,

In reference to this topic,

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=60769

I can't seem to get this add-on working with the latest build of MM4.

Will it be possible for the options dialog box be integrated with the Option dialog box from MM4?

Thanks.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:21 am

You have not said here or in the referenced thread what trouble you are having getting the script to work for you in MM4.. I can state that this script does indeed work with both MM3 and 4. Perhaps if you state what you have done and what you are trying to accomplish someone will be able to assist you in getting it up and running.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:39 am

nynaevelan wrote:You have not said here or in the referenced thread what trouble you are having getting the script to work for you in MM4.. I can state that this script does indeed work with both MM3 and 4. Perhaps if you state what you have done and what you are trying to accomplish someone will be able to assist you in getting it up and running.
Nyn
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. My apologies! I manage to get the add-on working!
monkeyfan1970 wrote: Will it be possible for the options dialog box be integrated with the Option dialog box from MM4?
My apologies again! The settings are neatly integrated in the Options dialog box! :)

Now I have a new set of problem

Here is the task I am trying to achieve.

I have E:/Music/Playlist. Where all my playlist are located. I have also added the playlist in my watch folders. Now evey time I launch MM, all my playlist are listed in "Imported Playlists" sub-node.

I have installed this addon and I have specified the folder that the script to auto export on shutdown - "E:/Music/Playlist".

Now every time I launch MM, there are new sets of duplicates of the playlists. And there is also a "Imported playlists -" prefix in the name of .m3u files. How can I remove it?

How can I set this script to always overwrite the playlist in the folder and when launch of MM, there are no duplicates in playlists node?

Thanks.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:20 am

monkeyfan1970 wrote:
Now I have a new set of problem

Here is the task I am trying to achieve.

I have E:/Music/Playlist. Where all my playlist are located. I have also added the playlist in my watch folders. Now every time I launch MM, all my playlist are listed in "Imported Playlists" sub-node.
These are being imported by MM because you have this folder being monitored by MM. First why are you exporting the playlists out of MM and then using MM to watch and import them back into the db?? If they are already in the db why do you want them as a part of your monitored folders??
monkeyfan1970 wrote:Now every time I launch MM, there are new sets of duplicates of the playlists. And there is also a "Imported playlists -" prefix in the name of .m3u files. How can I remove it?

How can I set this script to always overwrite the playlist in the folder and when launch of MM, there are no duplicates in playlists node?

Thanks.
If your location for your exported playlists has not changed, they should be exporting to the same location, as far as I know there isn't a way for the script to avoid what is imported because it is MM that is importing the playlists back into MM. But keep in mind, the next time the export is run, it will export all the existing playlists which will include the duplicates as well and you will end of with duplicates of duplicates before long.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:14 am

nynaevelan wrote: These are being imported by MM because you have this folder being monitored by MM. First why are you exporting the playlists out of MM and then using MM to watch and import them back into the db?? If they are already in the db why do you want them as a part of your monitored folders??
Thanks for your reply.

Why would I want to do that? Simple. I always want to have the latest physical [not really physical :)] .m3u version of my playlist in the folder E:/Music/Playlist exported automatically. And I also want MM to watch that playlist folder to load from.

I understand that MM keeps the playlist in it's DB and I also realise how MM treats it's playlists. I don't really like the way it treats music files and playlist files differently in the watch folder. Example : I configure MM to watch E:/Music and E:/Music/Playlist. If there are 10 songs in E:/Music/ MM loads them and if I delete them, the songs also are removed from MM. But for Playlist it is different. I placed 10 playlist in E:/Music/Playlist and MM lists them in "Imported Playlists" sub-node but when I delete the playlist from E:/Music/Playlist , the playlist are still listed in the "Imported Playlists" sub-node. I believe that there should be an option for this for users who want playlist not stored in DB permanently. MM also ignores the unique filename/playlist name of .m3u files. It should technically overwrite the playlist with the same name. I will request this in the wish list section. I think if this behavior is implemented, there will not be any duplicates.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:56 am

monkeyfan1970 wrote: I always want to have the latest physical [not really physical :)] .m3u version of my playlist in the folder E:/Music/Playlist exported automatically. And I also want MM to watch that playlist folder to load from.
If I understand correctly, you could do that with this add-on without duplicating playlists. I think that you should specify "Imported Playlists" in the From field and E:/Music/Playlist in the To field. The Export selected node too option should be turned off in your case.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 am

ZvezdanD wrote: If I understand correctly, you could do that with this add-on without duplicating playlists. I think that you should specify "Imported Playlists" in the From field and E:/Music/Playlist in the To field. The Export selected node too option should be turned off in your case.
Hello,

Thanks for sharing.

But there will still be duplication if I create a playlist in MM and if the script exports it to E:/Music/Playlist on shutdown. When I relaunch MM there will be two playlists.

I have yet to find a work-around.

Thanks.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:37 am

monkeyfan1970 wrote:there will still be duplication if I create a playlist in MM and if the script exports it to E:/Music/Playlist on shutdown. When I relaunch MM there will be two playlists.
You are right. It seems to me as the program bug. I don't understand why MM creates the new playlist with the same name as the manually created playlist in the "Imported Playlists" folder. Anyway, I think that the workaround exists, but it is too complicated:
- create playlist anywhere (not necessarily in the "Imported Playlists" folder);
- export it manually to the E:/Music/Playlist folder;
- remove that playlist (if you created it in the "Imported Playlists" folder);
- use Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library option with selected E:/Music/Playlist folder and selected .m3u extension.

You should do that only when you want to create new m3u files, but not when you modify some of them.

monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:52 pm

ZvezdanD wrote: You are right. It seems to me as the program bug. I don't understand why MM creates the new playlist with the same name as the manually created playlist in the "Imported Playlists" folder. Anyway, I think that the workaround exists, but it is too complicated:
- create playlist anywhere (not necessarily in the "Imported Playlists" folder);
- export it manually to the E:/Music/Playlist folder;
- remove that playlist (if you created it in the "Imported Playlists" folder);
- use Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library option with selected E:/Music/Playlist folder and selected .m3u extension.

You should do that only when you want to create new m3u files, but not when you modify some of them.

Thanks for the workaround! I have tried this method before. But it is not really automated when you have to perform these steps manually.

Actually I try to explain this duplication problem in these thread but the developer feels it is not important to rectify it.

Option to allow MM not to store playlist permanently in DB.

I hope the developer solves this problem.

Thanks.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:57 am

monkeyfan1970 wrote:I have tried this method before. But it is not really automated when you have to perform these steps manually.
As I said, only the newly created playlists requires their manual export, but the modification of m3u files would be automatically executed using this add-on. You need to create the playlists manually anyway, so I don't see these few additional steps as a big problem.

You don't need to manually export newly created playlists one by one - you could create bunch of playlists stored in some temporary folder in the Playlists branch, then manually export them all at once using this add-on, and after that you could apply Add/Rescan option or just restart the program which would automatically import newly created m3u files on the start-up.

Thorden

Post by Thorden » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi, and thanks for this wonderful extension!

I have one major problem using it, guess it's a bug:
I need to replace the M3U entries from the native format: \\<server name>\<share>\<artist>\<album>\<title>
to: <artist>\<album>\<title>

Now, this should be easy, just replace \\<server name>\<share>\ with nothing, right?
Yes, that works just fine. Until I start MM over again, then the "with:" field changes from blank to the default of \Playlists\

So when doing automatic exports, all playlists are overwritten with references to a non existing path (\Playlists\).

I absolutely need the <artist>\<album>\<title> format just like that, it's the only way both Squeezebox server and Synology Audio Station will work correctly with playlists. They both run on different NAS boxes.

Thanks!

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 am

Thorden wrote:I have one major problem using it, guess it's a bug
Thanks for the report. There is the new release, v3.5.3 - 2011-10-26:
* Fixed: empty string specified in Options box (e.g. with: text box) replaced with default value after restart;
* Fixed: From text box for auto-export in Options box now accepts manually entered nested playlists using "\" as separator.