Any last.fm auto-dj scripts working with MM 3.1 ?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

pietzke

Any last.fm auto-dj scripts working with MM 3.1 ?

Post by pietzke » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Are there any scripts to automatically add songs based on last.fm recommendations that work with MM 3.1? I use the Last.fm Node now, which works great, but it's based on similar tracks. I really loved the old scrobblerDJ Script from psyxonova creating similar Artists but I can't get it work any more. Same with this one: link It seems to be installing properly, and is shown in scrips folder same as listed in scripts.ini, but doesn't show up in the Auto-DJ Options to coose from. Topic is closed as well. Any hints?
(Sorry if posted in the wrong topic. Wasn't sure if it belongs here or to Beta Testing...)

Thanks for all your scripters and developers great work. I just love it. keeps me happy all day long!

Pathduck

Re: Any last.fm auto-dj scripts working with MM 3.1 ?

Post by Pathduck » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 am

Don't know, but I'd really like it too!
I guess there will be some plugins as soon as 3.1 is released and coders get to work fixing the scripts.

-p

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:34 pm

last.fm recommendations are alot smaller selection than similar tracks. you would quickly run out of tracks and start repeating.

last.fm nodes dj will use similar artists if it can't find sufficent similar tracks.

is there something about similar tracks you don't like? have you tried increasing/decreasing the artist and/or track repeat timer ? if you wanted more similar artists (via similar tracks) you could decrease the artist timer (more repeat artists) and increase the track timer (less repeat tracks).

last I remember, peke took over scrobbler-dj and converted to mm3/auto-dj, dunno why the thread got locked.

pietzke

Post by pietzke » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Teknojnky wrote:is there something about similar tracks you don't like?
No, it's all sweet, but as Auto-Dj and Last.FM Node work different, the results were quite different sometimes, too. So I used to keep the scripts both going which gave a quite interesting mixture sometimes and also added two tracks at a time.