Sammy20 wrote:Hey great script.
Just wondering if the getting the Last Played date from last.fm into Mediamonkey is at all possible?
Havn't really had the time to look at this recently. I think I mentioned previously that some people have specifically requested for this *not* to be added
It's going to be a bit complicated as last.fm won't actually save the last played date, just the *week* it was last played in, so there will be some guestimation involved.
Owyn wrote:Thanks for the script. I used it to import play counts for a rebuilt database. Only real problem was where last.fm had "auto-corrected" artist names. No real solution, the auto-correct only applies to recent plays, not track history and no way to rename/correct artist names in last.fm.
One word of warning, I had a podcast update (about 70 subscriptions) trigger in the middle of running this script (106 weeks, 35,000 tracks, about 10,000 play counts updated). Both your script and podcast updates are SQL intensive. Resulted in some munged podcast episodes. Recommend turning off podcast updates in options before running the script.
I re-ran the script after reviewing results and correcting some tag info. Updated just the changes. Nice.
Glad to hear it worked for ya
Personally I disabled the auto-correct on last.fm - but I'm not sure if it actually affects results or not to be honest - as it doesn't apply to track history, which is what this script looks up.