thanks for this script, it's helping me sort my android device syncing. I've posted elsewhere on the forums about what i'm trying to do, and that is (in summary) sync my plays on my phone with media monkey. I have been testing this script for a while and after analysis, it wasn't giving me the results I expected, so today I decided to poke about in the code (i'm a programmer by day)...
I'm curious why the scripts works backwards from the oldest page to the newest.. It seems if it's this way round then it's not updating the most recently listened to tracks, but I can't seem to work out why.
So, after a few tweaks, this scenario now works. * note that i'm using an auto rate script based on playcount, skips etc
1. Play music at home in the evening in MM, last played is updated as expected
2. play music at work on phone, last.fm is updated with recent plays
3. come home, run modified script over the first 10 pages of last.fm recent played, "MM recently played" playlist, ordered most recent first details my work listening followed by my home listening the evening before
4. set up auto playlist to only include tracks highly rated and not played in the last 60 days
5. Re-sync phone to the auto playlist
6. listen to fresh tracks at work!
The way i see it, If i run this once, retrieve ALL the history, apply it, then run this for the last 10 pages only automatically without prompts, it should keep my latest plays up to date, which in turn I can use to exclude latest plays from the playcount, the options are endless for the autoplaylist now.
this wouldnt happen before i modified the script. Was it working for anyone else?
I'm curious to see what Psyker says when he returns from his travels