PlayNext V1-1

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jkforde

Re: PlayNext V1-0

Post by jkforde »

Hi Ray,

Just to update you on my experience of using PlayNext...

The script works fine when used in the Library tracking listing but not when using it in the PlayingNow track listing.. to be honest, I don't think it ever did :-? I use the transparent Mini player with NowPlaying window a good bit and it would be great to get this to work in the NowPlaying window

Using 3.1.0_1236 and EcilpseSlim skin
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Can you provide a little more detail as to what isn't working? Examples help!

Ray
Benn

Post by Benn »

I think he means there is no "Play Next!" option when right clicking a song in the now playing window.

Also, my MM hangs for about 5-6 seconds every time I use this script; but always works still. (on MM 3.1.. 1247 build)
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

That helps narrow it down. Thanks.

Ray
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

A v1-1 installation package is available in the first post which adds the ability to select Play Now from the Now Playing list. Apparently I had added this feature a while back but didn't post it. :) Let me know if you find any issues.

Ray
Benn

Post by Benn »

That has made this even better; it's surprising how often I use it. :P

Many thanks.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

MM hangs for about 5-6 seconds every time I use this script; but always works still. (on MM 3.1.. 1247 build)
I'm not seeing any hangs on my system. Does it actually stops playing for that amount of time?

Ray
Benn

Post by Benn »

No, just unresponsive. Can't seem to be able to find the new feature after uninstalling 1.0 and installing 1.1. Could be my tired eyes though..
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

You don't see the Play Next! option when you right-click in the Now Playing window?
Benn

Post by Benn »

Nope :(

There is another Play Next! Entry right at the bottom of when you right click in an library node, so it appears twice there.
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

Hi Ray

The PlayNext button does appear in both context menus (NowPlaying and Library windows) but the feature only works in the Library window. When I try to use it in the NowPlaying window I notice that the random button does deactivate so it seems to be doing something but the track that I want to play next doesn't. Hope that clarifies things a wee bit...

update: just noticed that it doesn't work if, while you are playing a track that was lined up using PlayNext (and the Shuffle is still off), you try to line up another PlayNext track.... so can't line up more PlayNext tracks while one is playing..?
Last edited by jkforde on Fri May 29, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Right, it's only good for one shot. I would have to completely manage the Now Playing function via the script which is a possibility for a future script but it won't be any time soon.

Ray
Davo

Post by Davo »

Ray
Just installed v 1.1 - PlayNext doesn't appear when you right click a track in Now Playing window

MM 3.1.0.1249

Regards
David

Post by Davo »

Ray:
To clarify my previous post - PlayNext doesn't appear when you right click a track in the Now Playing (Node) window but i just noticed it does appear in the Playlist/Now Playing Panel. I never use the Now Playing panel which is why i missed it.

I'd like it to function also in the Now Playing node, is this possible?

Regards
David

Post by Benn »

Yeah Davo hit the spot there: I never use the NP panel I just click on the node to view it. Didn't realise there was a difference.