Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SenseiKnight

Re: Track Redirection 1.3.2 (2009-06-20) [MM3]

Post by SenseiKnight »

Ah-ha, that seems to do brilliantly. :D Sorting out the apostrophe's in the SQL does the job. (And the database clean-up works too.)

Thank you! A fantastic script and excellent work.
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.0 (2009-06-27) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new version: v2.0 - 2009-06-27
- Added: conditional synchronization of tags for linked tracks, with settings for individual tags that should be updated in the Option dialog box;
- Added: Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks option;
- Added: Replace redirected audio file with corresponding master on playback or drag & drop to NP option;
- Added: Create Redirections for Duplicates option and dialog box with a table for new redirections (MM 3.1.0.1208 or up required);
- Added: support for tracks in tracklist for the Now Playing node with its context menu.

Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Kynotzib

Post by Kynotzib »

Hey

Love this script, having a problem when i rescan for asx files to add to my library
this error keeps appearing
Error #13 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
Type mismatch: 'CDbl'
File: "G:\mediamonkey\scripts\auto\trackredirection.vbs", Line: 3152, column: 16
Then an error box saying
error happened during script execution:
Type mismatch: 'CDbl'
The files I'm trying to rescan for are tracks created using the script (which i accidently removed from the library).
How can i fix this error?
Thanx in advance
Kyno
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Kynotzib wrote:having a problem when i rescan for asx files to add to my library
Thanks so much for the report. There is a new update with removed that bug: v2.1 - 2009-07-02
- Added: synchronization of album arts;
- Fixed: error with the Add/Rescan .asx Files to the Library option;
- Fixed: error with the Find Referenced Master Track option and empty album names;
- Fixed: playstats was not transferred to masters when synchronization is turned on;
- Fixed: deleting of replaced audio files with Create - Unselected option.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Kynotzib

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.1 (2009-07-02) [MM3]

Post by Kynotzib »

Just installed the update (2.1) and the same error occurs. The only difference is it has moved to line 3167 column 16

I think i've found another error.
Error #450 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Wrong Number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'recursivescanfolders'
File: "G:mediamonkey\scripts\auto\trackredirection.vbs", Line 3076, Column 8
Sorry for being a pain
Kyno
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Kynotzib wrote:Just installed the update (2.1) and the same error occurs. The only difference is it has moved to line 3167 column 16

I think i've found another error.
Error #450 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Wrong Number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'recursivescanfolders'
File: "G:mediamonkey\scripts\auto\trackredirection.vbs", Line 3076, Column 8
Sorry for being a pain
Kyno
No, you are not being a pain at all and I am really grateful for your reports.

The second error is obvious and easy to resolve, but I cannot reproduce the first one. I suppose it has something with your locale settings or maybe even with your Windows version. Do you have English Windows or localized one? Please, could you post .asx file with which you have a problem using Add/Rescan option?
benzo8

Post by benzo8 »

With version 2.1, I'm getting "Variable undefined: iDeleted" when I try to create a new .asx file.

This script looks great, tbh - it's something I've been hoping for for ages now. It looks like it's going to be a pain to get everything set up (up until now, I've just been deleting duplicates, so with your script I now need to either: a) create an asx file and then scan for new ones to add it to the library, or b) copy the files over, creating duplicates, then use the Redirect to Duplicates option, but either way - it'll be worth the effort!) Thanks.
Kynotzib

Post by Kynotzib »

I'm using XP SP3 english U.k.

This is one of the asx files i'm having trouble with

Code: Select all

<ASX version = "3.0">
  <PARAM NAME = "Encoding" VALUE = "utf-8" />
  <TITLE>MediaMonkey redirection file</TITLE>
  <ABSTRACT>Generated by Track Redirection script</ABSTRACT>
  <COPYRIGHT>(c)2009 Zvezdan Dimitrijevic</COPYRIGHT>
  <ENTRY>
    <REF HREF = "F:\New\01 Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (new).mp3" />
    <TITLE>I'm Not Alone</TITLE>
    <AUTHOR>Calvin Harris</AUTHOR>
    <PARAM NAME = "WM/AlbumTitle" VALUE = "Uk Chart Single" />
    <PARAM NAME = "WM/AlbumArtist" VALUE = "Various Artists" />
    <PARAM NAME = "WM/Writer" VALUE = "Calvin Harris" />
    <PARAM NAME = "WM/Year" VALUE = "2009-4-18" />
    <PARAM NAME = "WM/Genre" VALUE = "Pop" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Length" VALUE = "213368" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Track Volume" VALUE = "-0.569999992847443" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Bitrate" VALUE = "128000" />
    <PARAM NAME = "FileSize" VALUE = "3416398" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Timestamp" VALUE = "2009-04-13 03:47:51" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Added" VALUE = "2009-06-24 13:16:43" />
    <PARAM NAME = "WM/BeatsPerMinute" VALUE = "131" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Sample Rate" VALUE = "44100" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Channels" VALUE = "1" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Encoder" VALUE = "0000 BR XXXXXXXXXX 0 AutoRateAccurate 06" />
    <PARAM NAME = "IsVBR" VALUE = "0" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Peak Value" VALUE = "0.494690001010895" />
    <PARAM NAME = "Involved people" VALUE = "Calvin Harris" />
    <PARAM NAME = "WM/ContentGroupDescription" VALUE = "2009-04-18" />
  </ENTRY>
</ASX>
This was created using the script
What other local settings could be making this error?
Kyno

EDIT (15:00): I've had a play with a few of my asx files and have noticed that if i remove the "<PARAM NAME = "WM/Year" VALUE" then the asx file scan as normal

Edit 2 (15:45): It appears that if i only remove the month and day data from the year value of the asx files then the files will scan and be added to the library
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.1.1 (2009-07-03) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thanks to all for reports and sorry for inconvenience. There is a new release and I hope it has removed all mentioned bugs: v2.1.1 - 2009-07-03
- Fixed: error with the Create Redirection for Specified Tracks option;
- Fixed: error with the Add/Rescan .asx Files to the Library option and release date containing Month/Day, also with nested folders;
- Fixed: synchronization in some cases.
benzo8 wrote:a) create an asx file and then scan for new ones to add it to the library,
Maybe I don't understand and maybe it is not obvious, so I just want to mention that you don't need to use the Add/Rescan option after creating .asx files using Create Redirections for Specified Tracks/Duplicates. The Add/Rescan option could be used mostly if you have already created .asx files and incidentally removed them from the Library, but not from the disk.
Kynotzib

Post by Kynotzib »

Thanx. All fixed now.

Kyno

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to figure out if this script would work out for my situation. i'm trying to make a duplicate library of 192mbs MP3s as my library currently consists of lossless WMA's. Whenever i sync with my iPod it takes forever. Can this script be used for that? Is it automatic? So if i were to sync my ipod updating the MP3's do the WMA's automatically update? Or do I have to force the script to run? How would I would go about converting my library? Have you added an automatic linking system or would i have to do the manual link for over 13000 tracks? Really I think MoDemntia's script Sync the Sync is exactly what i want but it is not available anymore... Let me know. Thanks!
benzo8

Post by benzo8 »

Guest wrote:I'm trying to figure out if this script would work out for my situation. i'm trying to make a duplicate library of 192mbs MP3s as my library currently consists of lossless WMA's. Whenever i sync with my iPod it takes forever. Can this script be used for that? Is it automatic? So if i were to sync my ipod updating the MP3's do the WMA's automatically update? Or do I have to force the script to run? How would I would go about converting my library? Have you added an automatic linking system or would i have to do the manual link for over 13000 tracks? Really I think MoDemntia's script Sync the Sync is exactly what i want but it is not available anymore... Let me know. Thanks!
MediaMonkey will automatically convert files on transfer - you don't need a script. Go to Tools|Options|Portable/Audio Devices|Select your device|Configure|Auto-Conversion and look at the options there...

Post by Guest »

benzo8 wrote:MediaMonkey will automatically convert files on transfer - you don't need a script. Go to Tools|Options|Portable/Audio Devices|Select your device|Configure|Auto-Conversion and look at the options there...
Thanks for you input but I know that... This how I currently use MediaMonkey. I change my iPod every 3-5 days and the conversion takes approxiamately 6 hours (I listen to music continously). Also I have other devices that need MP3 format. So it really is in my best interest to have MP3 copies. But obviously I would prefer not to lose any statistics as everything I sync is based on Auto-Playlists with filtering based on rating and playcounts. So back to my questions can this script be used in the fashion I brought up 2 posts earlier? Thanks!
benzo8

Post by benzo8 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
benzo8 wrote:a) create an asx file and then scan for new ones to add it to the library,
Maybe I don't understand and maybe it is not obvious, so I just want to mention that you don't need to use the Add/Rescan option after creating .asx files using Create Redirections for Specified Tracks/Duplicates. The Add/Rescan option could be used mostly if you have already created .asx files and incidentally removed them from the Library, but not from the disk.
Yeah, this was my misunderstanding (as I hadn't been able to get the add-on to work until then to see what really happened! :) )

At 2.1.1 now:
  • New .asx's (created using "Create Redirections for Specific Tracks...") seem to be automaticalyl added twice to the library.
  • Can we have an option in that dialog box for "Album Artist" for the new .asx, otherwise it gets a blank Album Artist automatically and doesn't go into the album we wanted in the library!
  • It doesn't seem to work well for albums with "Various" as the AlbumArtist... If I select "Various" from the "Artist" dropdown, it only populates the Album field with albums where there is a track with an Artist of "Various", and not Albums where the AlbumArtist is "Various". This makes it difficult to link a track from the artists own album to a compilation album, soundtrack, etc.
Those few things aside - this is looking awesome! Thanks so much for developing this!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Guest wrote:I'm trying to figure out if this script would work out for my situation. i'm trying to make a duplicate library of 192mbs MP3s as my library currently consists of lossless WMA's. Whenever i sync with my iPod it takes forever. Can this script be used for that?
You could have two sets of files, e.g. one in lossless and another in mp3, you could create links between them and whenever you change metadata of one set, the script would automatically update metadata of the another set. You could specify which tags you want to be updated: Artist, Album, Title,... Even the Album Arts could be automatically updated.
Guest wrote:Is it automatic? So if i were to sync my ipod updating the MP3's do the WMA's automatically update?
I am not so sure since I don't have iPod and I don't know what you mean with "sync my ipod updating the MP3's", but I suppose it would automatically update both copies of files.
Guest wrote:Or do I have to force the script to run?
This could be done as the last solution, i.e. you could choose the Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks option and the script would synchronize all linked tracks. You have two additional options: 1) you could choose Yes and script would update all tracks linked to the select ones (regardless if they are masters or redirected ones), or 2) you could choose Yes To All and script would update all redirected tracks with a data from masters.
Guest wrote:How would I would go about converting my library?
You could create your audio files as you did until now. You could use MM converter or some another program which you prefer.
Guest wrote:Have you added an automatic linking system or would i have to do the manual link for over 13000 tracks?
How would you want an automatic linking to be implemented? First, you need to select master tracks. Currently, you have an option to automatically display all duplicates (tracks with same Artist and Title) and automatically select tracks with maximal bitrate (which is mostly what we want to be masters, e.g. it would be lossless ones). It could work with 13000 tracks without a problem, but if you find that some track should not be master, you need to unselect that one. After that you could choose the Create Redirection option and script will store those links in the database. This process is time consuming only at begin, but when you create a table of links, everything would be automatic.