Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.2 (2009-07-11) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I tried to create a redirection from one mp3 to an aac but all it tells me is "The specified track is not redirected to the audio file." Suggestions??
How did you try to create a redirection? Currently, there are 4 different ways for creating links to existing audio files, and even more with some variations, depending of the number of selected tracks and the existence of duplicates.
1. Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box, Tracks from specified Album option,
1a) if your selected track(s) has its duplicate with same Artist and Title, you could specify Album with redirected track (most probably it is already displayed);
1b) if you have only one selected track and If you don't have a duplicate with same Artist and Title for it at all, you could specify redirected track directly using the File Path text box.
2. Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box, Unselected tracks in tracklist option - you need to have unselected duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title in same tracklist panel as the selected master track(s).
3. Create Redirections for Duplicates/Folders dialog box, Duplicates option - you need to have duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title as the selected master track(s) (not necessary for duplicates to be displayed in the tracklist).
4. Create Redirections for Duplicates/Folders dialog box, Folders option - you could specify Master folder with .mp3 tracks and Copy folder with .aac tracks if they have same path pattern, e.g. Z:\My Music\Artist\Album\Song.mp3 and Z:\My Music Compressed\Artist\Album\Song.aac, i.e. root folders and extensions could be different - you need to specify root folders, so for previous example they are Z:\My Music\ and Z:\My Music Compressed\.

There are several reasons why some redirection is not created:
- you don't have duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title and you didn't choose a correct option;
- you have duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title, but you didn't choose a correct option;
- you (don't) have duplicates with same Artist and Title, but you didn't add them into the Library (e.g. if you are using My Computer node);
- there is no more duplicates of selected track at all, because you already created redirection link for it (you could check existing redirections with the Show and Remove Redirections dialog box).

There are also several limitations:
- redirected tracks cannot be master tracks;
- master tracks cannot be redirected tracks;
- some track could be redirected only once, i.e. you could not redirect one .aac file to two or more .mp3 files (although you could redirect several files to the same master track).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok, I think I am on track now, the duplicates were not being found because the active filter was hiding them. :-?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

When I started to read to post 1 my first impression was what this is a script that was more than I needed. But I have reconsider and have to check if I'm doing something stupied :)

Most of my library consist of MP3 (~100k) and I'm using iPod/iPhone as portable player, space is not a problem playing with software player (no need for .asx files). What I'm looking for is an easy way for:
  1. maintenance of playstat. Update master when playing a VA/compilation album with a duplicate
  2. avoiding sync of duplicates to iPod/iPhone (only master due to limited space).
  3. I have several discographies each more than 30 albums. I have planes for listen/rate all tracks, but I want to avoid playing same track more when once (only master) using a autoplaylist with filter no rating/playcount and artist = xxx
The first point was easy, this scripts has many possibilities, but I have only used one (two)
  • Create Redirections for Specified Tracks
  • (Create Redirections for Duplicates/Folders)
Is there some easy way solve the 2nd and 3rd point? I guess there is no way for me to access a flag showing if a file is redirected or not? I know what it's possible to remove duplicates from playlist but I prefer autoplaylist. One solution could be if this script could add/remove inf. to/from a customs field i.e. Master/redirected then apply a filter: CustomX <> redirected. Another way could be if it was possible to create a full library playlist without re-directed files (autoplaylists could be based on that playlist), not so flexible(semi-auto).

Is it something I have completely misunderstood/missed and/or is above suggestions possible?
Last edited by RobertSmith on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:Is there some easy way solve the 2nd and 3rd point? I guess there is no way for me to access a flag showing if a file is redirected or not? I know what it's possible to remove duplicates from playlist but I prefer autoplaylist. One solution could be if this script could add/remove inf. to/from a customs field i.e. Master/redirected then apply a filter: CustomX <> redirected. Another way could be if it was possible to create a full library playlist without re-directed files (autoplaylists could be based on that playlist), not so flexible(semi-auto).
Those are very interesting questions. I am not using auto-playlists, so I cannot give you an answer about them. There is not any tag that you could use to check if some track is redirected and AFAIK auto-playlists cannot contain SQL queries. However, if you are using Magic Nodes, then you could write Filter qualifier which would limit tracks only to non-redirected ones. Here is an example:

Code: Select all

Non-redirected tracks|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)
Of course, you could add additional filters and/or sub-nodes to that mask . If you are interested, here is a mask which returns only master tracks:

Master tracks|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection)
I am not sure that understand your 3rd point.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Oh, I forgot to say. You could use auto-playlists if you use .asx files for redirection - you should specify Type doesn't equal ASX if you want to get non-redirected tracks. I know you are not using ,asx files, but maybe someone else is interested about them.
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

ZvezdanD wrote:I am not sure that understand your 3rd point.
:) It's like a to-do list. To rate all i.e. The Clash tracks it's enough to play only no-redirected tracks (no play/rating stat.), hopefully for album 30 it is enough to play 2-3 new songs... But it could be solved since it looks like Remove Duplicates from the Tracklist/Now Playing List also works with autoplaylist, but I have no remember this step before I press play. N.B This will not solve the 2nd point since iPod will sync the complete list irrespective using Remove... or not.
ZvezdanD wrote:However, if you are using Magic Nodes, then you could write Filter qualifier which would limit tracks only to non-redirected ones.
Hmm, I'm not sure if it's possible to limit no of tracks in a autoplaylist using MM filter, if this is possible it would be an perfect solution for both 2nd and 3rd point. I might have misunderstood you, If you mean I could use a MN filter and Send to playlist - NO redirected tracks and the autoplaylists could be based on this filtered playlist. This is an OK solution and mutch better when using a CustomX tag (only 2 left...)

Edit:
Maybe I should consider abandon autoplaylist and only use MN to create playlist for sync (one step)
Last edited by RobertSmith on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:I could use a MN filter and Send to playlist - NO redirected tracks and the autoplaylists could be based on this filtered playlist.
As I said, I am not using auto-playlists and I am not using sync with iPod. Sorry for a dumb question, but I am just wondering, why don't you sync Magic Node directly with iPod? Why do you need to create some static playlist or auto-playlist at all?
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

ZvezdanD wrote:Sorry for a dumb question, but I am just wondering, why don't you sync Magic Node directly with iPod? Why do you need to create some static playlist or auto-playlist at all?
What is not a dumb question I was just asking myself the same question :D The sad part is that I can't figure out how to do it :oops:
Last edited by RobertSmith on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boys Don't Cry
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:Sorry for a dumb question, but I am just wondering, why don't you sync Magic Node directly with iPod? Why do you need to create some static playlist or auto-playlist at all?
What is not a dumb question I was just asking myself the same question :D The sad part is what I can't figure out how to do it :oops:
Did you try to select all tracks from some node and to sync them? I see there is an option Sync selected...

By the way, there is one possibility to use auto-playlists, even if you don't use .asx files. You just need to rename redirected tracks or folders with them uniformly. For example, you could put all your redirected tracks inside of "My Music (redirected)" folder and you could create auto-playlist using Path/Filename contains My Music (redirected).
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

ZvezdanD wrote:I see there is an option Sync selected...
I think I have to use autosync since I also have mp4 (video) on my iPod and games (MM can't sync video so I have to use another tool for video), see Auto-sync options tab with auto-sync your only options are location and/or playlist (static & auto) plus podcast and audibooks.
ZvezdanD wrote:By the way, there is one possibility to use auto-playlists, even if you don't use .asx files. You just need to rename redirected tracks or folders with them uniformly. For example, you could put all your redirected tracks inside of "My Music (redirected)" folder and you could create auto-playlist using Path/Filename contains My Music (redirected).
hmm, I think I want redirected files to be in the same folder as rest of the album, isn't were a risk that you will get a lot of false alarm of missing/incomplete albums, problems with "sharing/burning" CD. For filename I could replace i.e. .mp3 with [RD].mp3 using RegEx, this will work in a similar way as a customX filter, see previous post

However to manually (RegEx) maintain customX or filename will lead to some xtra checking procedures, the absolute best way was if any if those suggestion could be a part of the script so if you add or remove a redirection also filename/customX will be automated updated. Before making any decisions pls let's think about it :)

Otherwise a static playlist from a Magic Node is a OK solution (to use with autoplaylist)

Non-redirected tracks|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)
Boys Don't Cry
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

To further explain point 3, my to-do list with several huge discographies. For favourite artists I have several versions of each album with different source (vinyl, CD, remastered CD, Japan reissue with extra song, CD, CDM etc.) and above that, all type of compilations incl. VA albums (a future project is to add lossless to play on PC->Stereo). To make rating easy/faster I only want to play every unique song once (master) and use this script to sync rating between master and all redirected tracks. A simple autoplaylist for this to-do could be:
Artist=The Cure
Rating=Unknown
Played #=0
(CustomX<>Redirected or Path/Filename doesn't include [Redirected] or ... )
Sort by Date [A-Z], Track #

Similarly playlist using a Magic Node

My To-Do list|MM filter:General Music|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Filter:(Artist='The Cure' or Artist='The Clash') and Rating < 0.5 and <Played> = 0 and Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)\<Title>
To sync my To-Do list to iPod/iPhone I could create a static playlist or if possible, sync Magic Node directly with iPod using auto-sync?

N:B. I have another autoplaylist for played tracks with no rating.

This script is fantastic! and GUI is great (esp. when you only use a small part as I do).
If I for nostalgics reason want to listening to some vinyl scratch I could temporally uncheck Replace redirected audio file with corresponding master on playback or drag & drop to NP option otherwise always the best version will be played regardless of selected album (-> i.e. compilations like The Singles will be based on remastered versions) and top of what, playstat will be more accurate.

p.s New post, no edit :wink: d.s
Boys Don't Cry
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:However to manually (RegEx) maintain customX or filename will lead to some xtra checking procedures, the absolute best way was if any if those suggestion could be a part of the script so if you add or remove a redirection also filename/customX will be automated updated. Before making any decisions pls let's think about it :)
Very interesting suggestion, but here is what I am thinking. I could add one new option which could create/update one static playlist with redirected tracks, so whenever you add or remove some redirection, that playlist would be updated. You could use that playlist (say Redirected tracks) in your auto-playlists with criteria Playlist is not Redirected tracks. In that way you don't need to modify filenames nor to change some Custom field. What do you think about that?
RobertSmith wrote:To further explain point 3, my to-do list with several huge discographies.
Sorry but I still don't understand what is your requirement (if there is any).
RobertSmith wrote:p.s New post, no edit :wink: d.s
Yes, but your previous post is edited and you didn't make a note about that. Should I read all your previous posts to see if you added something? ;)
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

ZvezdanD wrote:I could add one new option which could create/update one static playlist with redirected tracks, so whenever you add or remove some redirection, that playlist would be updated. You could use that playlist (say Redirected tracks) in your auto-playlists with criteria Playlist is not Redirected tracks. In that way you don't need to modify filenames nor to change some Custom field. What do you think about that?
I think it is a very smooth solution, no need for xtra fields or renaming path/filename!
ZvezdanD wrote:Sorry but I still don't understand what is your requirement (if there is any).
The requirement was the possibility to create a playlist without redirected tracks and that problem seems like You have solved with a static playlist (only tried to explain the reasons why I wanted to avoid playing the same track more than once, normally I play full albums :))

--------------------------------

Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks
You could use this option if you want to synchronize tags manually, i.e. to update metadata of linked tracks to match the selected ones or to update all redirected tracks to match their corresponding masters. If you want those data to be updated automatically whenever you modify some linked track (master or redirected), you should turn on the Synchronized update of metadata for linked tracks option in the Options dialog box.

I think it could be important to add some warning to post 1. This script will sync metadata and playstat automatic but it is necessary to do it manually as a first step. When using manually all playstat will be trasfered TO master, and all metadata will be sync FROM master, so if you have rating on a redirected files and rating is unknown for master it will disappear for all files. This is OK since you can have many duplicates with different rating, but it's important to know (from the point you start to use this script metadata like rating will always be the same for all duplicates). By manually sync only a small portion you can easy add rating (rating what disappeared using manually sync) to one of files and it will effect all.

Instead of filename/path in Show Redirections it would be nice to have an option were you only show filename (my folder tree is very long...) this is useful esp. when redirect files with different titles like XXX and XXX (demo), XXX (live) etc (for most of my tracks I have this kind of information in Album title, but what is not always best solution esp. for compilations were I prefer to have Live etc in track title). A better solution is maybe to use a Magic Node

My Redirections|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) or Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) or Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)\<Title>
but when we need a field to show wish track is a master, back to square one or... :wink:
N.B when all master (or redirected track) has been played at lest once, play # could be used as "flag" to show wish track is master.

Is it possible to add an option for:
Find/add (new) duplicates without redirectings as a compliment to a use Find duplicate and select... To select highest bitrate is not always a optimal solution, e.g. I prefer 190 VBR before 192 CBR if I can get all master from same albums (i.e. I want to keep manual decisions regarding the master :) ).
This option is also a way to check that all duplicates has been redirected (could also be done with a Magic nodes)
Boys Don't Cry
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

RobertSmith wrote:Is it possible to add an option for:
Find/add (new) duplicates without redirectings as a compliment to a use Find duplicate and select... To select highest bitrate is not always a optimal solution, e.g. I prefer 190 VBR before 192 CBR if I can get all master from same albums (i.e. I want to keep manual decisions regarding the master :) ).
This option is also a way to check that all duplicates has been redirected (could also be done with a Magic nodes)
:oops: It looks like the script already does this (only non redirected duplicates are highlighted).
Boys Don't Cry
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:I think it could be important to add some warning to post 1. This script will sync metadata and playstat automatic but it is necessary to do it manually as a first step.
I could modify the first post, it is not a problem at all. I tried to do my best to explain how to use available options, but if you think that you could do it better, please send me your suggestion and I will include it.
RobertSmith wrote:When using manually all playstat will be trasfered TO master, and all metadata will be sync FROM master, so if you have rating on a redirected files and rating is unknown for master it will disappear for all files.
Well, I think it is already explained in the first post and in the script itself in its dialog boxes:
- Transfer Redirected Playstats to Master Tracks
You could use this option if you want to transfer play counts and play dates manually from redirected tracks (selected or all) to the masters.

- Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks
You could use this option if you want to synchronize tags manually, i.e. to update metadata of linked tracks to match the selected ones or to update all redirected tracks to match their corresponding masters.
I am sorry for my English, but I think it is more correct to say that tracks will be synced (updated) to masters, then sync from masters. Here is a hint for the MM built-in Synchronize Tags option: Update Tags of selected tracks to match the Library. They are using a word to instead from, although metadata are copied from the Library.
RobertSmith wrote:
RobertSmith wrote:Is it possible to add an option for:
:oops: It looks like the script already does this (only non redirected duplicates are highlighted).
I am not sure what was a request, but you are right that redirected tracks are not selected.