Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.2 (2009-07-11) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:33 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:I am sorry for my English, but I think it is more correct to say that tracks will be synced (updated) to masters, then sync from masters. Here is a hint for the MM built-in Synchronize Tags option: Update Tags of selected tracks to match the Library. They are using a word to instead from, although metadata are copied from the Library.
Your English is perfect my English is typical swenglish (swedish/english) :D
I have some problems to resize columns in the Show and remove Redirections window. I can't change column width if vertical scroll list is present (more when 42 redirections at 1280x800). I did some magic nodes (cut&paste) to solve this problem but also to makes it's possible to sort and to see filename see previous post.

Code: Select all

My Duplicates|Icon:Top level|SQL Filter: Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)\<Title|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Album artist with album>

Code: Select all

My Masters & Redirections|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) or Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) or Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level\<Title|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Left of: (>\<Album artist with album>

Code: Select all

My Masters in Duplicate node|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level\<Title>

Code: Select all

My Redirections in Duplicate node|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level\<Title|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Left of: (>\<Album artist with album>

Code: Select all

My Masters Not in Duplicate node|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist NOT IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist NOT IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level\<Title>

Code: Select all

My Redirections Not in Duplicate node|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist NOT IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection) and Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist NOT IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level\<Title|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Left of: (>\<Album artist with album>
Magic nodes for Master/Redirections Not in duplicate node (not the same title) was useful to check all tracks with file name like XXX (Live), XXX (Live) etc. Nodes are trimmed to remove everything inside ( ) -> show both XXX and XXX (live)
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.2 (2009-07-11) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:06 pm

I don't know if it is a bug or not but I have turn off Synchronize metadata for all linked tracks (master & redirected) when some track changed to be able to sync rating and play # from iPod.

If I want to use iPod to set/change rating and increase play #, is it a most turn this option off and then synchronize (master -> redirected) or is it a bug that could be fixed to a future version? I know you don't use iPod, but I hope you like possible bug reports :)
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

ZvezdanD
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.2 (2009-07-11) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:21 pm

RobertSmith wrote:I don't know if it is a bug or not but I have turn off Synchronize metadata for all linked tracks (master & redirected) when some track changed to be able to sync rating and play # from iPod.

If I want to use iPod to set/change rating and increase play #, is it a most turn this option off and then synchronize (master -> redirected) or is it a bug that could be fixed to a future version? I know you don't use iPod, but I hope you like possible bug reports :)
I do appreciate any bug report. However, I am not sure that understand a problem and I cannot reproduce it since I don't have iPod. Do you want to say that tracks on iPod are redirected ones? Maybe you have redirected tracks on PC which you synchronize with iPod? Could you be more specific with some example, please? By the way, I am adding one new option "Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master only" - maybe it could resolve reported problem...
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.2 (2009-07-11) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:42 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:Could you be more specific with some example, please?
Normally when I play and change rating on iPod all tracks in MM will be updated during sync (playcount, last played and rating). This will NOT happen if I have Synchronize metadata for all linked tracks (master & redirected) when some track changed turned on. I most remember to turn it off before synchronize otherwise all playstat from iPod is lost (no use to sync a 2nd time). I only have master files and non duplicates on my iPod (using a static filter playlist from MN, like we discussed before)
ZvezdanD wrote:I am adding one new option "Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master only" - maybe it could resolve reported problem...
Yes I think/hope so :)
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

ZvezdanD
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.2 (2009-07-11) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:00 pm

RobertSmith wrote:I only have master files and non duplicates on my iPod (using a static filter playlist from MN, like we discussed before)
ZvezdanD wrote:I am adding one new option "Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master only" - maybe it could resolve reported problem...
Yes I think/hope so :)
I still don't understand. Do you want to say that tracks on iPod are masters and tracks on MM are redirected ones? Or you have copies of master tracks on iPod? If this is a case, when you sync iPod I suppose that MM are updating metadata of master tracks on PC and my script synchronize metadata of redirected tracks also on PC, so iPod tracks should not change.

I am afraid that the new option wouldn't resolve a problem, but we will see.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.2 (2009-07-11) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:25 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:Or you have copies of master tracks on iPod? If this is a case, when you sync iPod I suppose that MM are updating metadata of master tracks on PC and my script synchronize metadata of redirected tracks also on PC, so iPod tracks should not change.

I am afraid that the new option wouldn't resolve a problem, but we will see.
Always copies on portable device, in this case copies of masters.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

ZvezdanD
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:20 pm

There is a new update: v2.3 - 2009-07-20
- Added: Update (specified) playlist when add/remove redirection option;
- Added: Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master only option;
- Fixed: playstats was not transferred to masters in some cases.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:59 am

ZvezdanD wrote:Added: Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master only option
With Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master only turned on, iPod sync works perfect:
  • Ratings that has been set on iPod effect both Master and redirected tracks
  • Play # and Last Playd only effect master
Really nice work!!!

As I wrote in a previous post I have some problems with adjusting columns width in the "Remove Track Redirections" pop-up/window (can't see filename due to too long pathname)

I'm using this modified Magic Node to see all my duplicates incl. different versions of same track. I don't want to redirect all of them (not remixes but e.g. demo and in some cases live versions).
Edit: A huge benefits (unknown for me) was that I now can select track redirections using only drop-down boxes instead of the File Path box to select duplicates (all versions are in present view)

Code: Select all

My Tracks with same Title (...) from same Artists|Icon:Top level|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Filter:CASE WHEN InStr(SongTitle,' (')=0 THEN SongTitle ELSE SubStr(SongTitle,1,InStr(SongTitle,' (')-1) END || '@#$' || Songs.Artist IN (SELECT CASE WHEN InStr(SongTitle,' (')=0 THEN SongTitle ELSE SubStr(SongTitle,1,InStr(SongTitle,' (')-1) END || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY CASE WHEN InStr(SongTitle,' (')=0 THEN SongTitle ELSE SubStr(SongTitle,1,InStr(SongTitle,' (')-1) END HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1)\<Artist|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Title|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Left of: (>\<Album artist with album>
Is it possible to select/highlight masters (in colour X) and redirected tracks (in colour Y) or both in grey with an option similarly to Select Duplicates with Maximal Bitrate

If you think this is something that is to specific (only for me). Is it possible to solve using RegExp Find & Replace (select matched) highlight/select tracks in table TrackRedirection.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

ZvezdanD
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am

RobertSmith wrote:With Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master only turned on, iPod sync works perfect:
I don't think that this new option has something with mentioned bug. Could you try to turn on Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master or redirected option and see if iPod sync works as it should?
RobertSmith wrote:As I wrote in a previous post I have some problems with adjusting columns width in the "Remove Track Redirections" pop-up/window (can't see filename due to too long pathname)
Yes I know, but this table has automatically adjusted width of columns. Only solution could be to reduce a width of other columns first (Artist, Title...), then you could increase a width of Path column.
RobertSmith wrote:A huge benefits (unknown for me) was that I now can select track redirections using only drop-down boxes instead of the File Path box to select duplicates (all versions are in present view)
I am not sure that understand what you are saying, but I think this option is available since v1.0. It is even displayed on the Create Redirection dialog box as "You could choose the Album with the track..."
RobertSmith wrote:Is it possible to select/highlight[/b] masters (in colour X) and redirected tracks (in colour Y) or both in grey with an option similarly to Select Duplicates with Maximal Bitrate
No, it is not possible to use several different colors for rows in the tracklist. Could you tell me why you need to select master and redirected tracks? Why don't you use Magic Node to display only such tracks?
RobertSmith wrote:Is it possible to solve using RegExp Find & Replace (select matched) highlight/select tracks in table TrackRedirection.
Yes, it is possible to use RegExp Find & Replace script with Select to replace option and following settings:
Find what:

Code: Select all

^.*
Into: Path
RegExp 1: checked
Replace with:

Code: Select all

IfNull(SQLQuery("SELECT '' FROM Songs WHERE (ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) OR ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)) AND ID = " & oSongData.ID), "$&")
VBScript: checked
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:41 am

I will answer your questions soon :)

But I have some problems.

When I try to Transfer Redirected Playstats to Master Tracks I getting this error: (when I click on Yes, not Yes to All)
ImageImage(odefinerad=undefined)

I also have problems that MM is hanging esp. when I use maintain library (I have to restart MM, and all work is lost...). I can't be 100% sure if it's related to this script or not, but I haven't add any more music or scripts for the last couple of days only playing around with this script and magic nodes, any ideas?

Edit: Added one more error msg.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

ZvezdanD
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:54 am

RobertSmith wrote:When I try to Transfer Redirected Playstats to Master Tracks I getting this error
Thanks for the report. I resolved this bug, but I will publish the updated version when you answer to my question why you need the mentioned option about selecting tracks. Instead of it, I have another proposal - I could add an option "Show all linked tracks & select masters". What do you think about that?
RobertSmith wrote:I also have problems that MM is hanging esp. when I use maintain library (I have to restart MM, and all work is lost...). I can't be 100% sure if it's related to this script or not, but I haven't add any more music or scripts for the last couple of days only playing around with this script and magic nodes, any ideas?
I am sorry to hear that, but your description is not very informative to me. Could you help me to reproduce this issue, please?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:47 am

ZvezdanD wrote:
RobertSmith wrote:When I try to Transfer Redirected Playstats to Master Tracks I getting this error
Thanks for the report. I resolved this bug, but I will publish the updated version when you answer to my question why you need the mentioned option about selecting tracks. Instead of it, I have another proposal - I could add an option "Show all linked tracks & select masters". What do you think about that?
Sounds great that you fix the bug. "Show all linked tracks & select masters" is ok, but I would prefer "Select all linked tracks & masters"
The reason for "highlighting master and linked tracks is to find tracks (versions) that is not redirected (I use Magic Nodes):
I have one filter showing all duplicates incl. versions: xxx (subtitle) [version/mix]
A 2nd MN that shows all master & linked tracks
A 3nd MN that shows all master
A 4rd MN that shows all linked tracks
Not all versions of a song is redirected (exception) so the total of tracks in MN 2 is less then MN 1. What I want to see in MN 1 (or any present view) is highlighting of all linked tracks & masters (and exceptions is not). With this option I can sort my view and scroll a couple of ~100 tracks from coldplay/moby etc to see if I has missed any tracks that could be redirected.
I could make a 5th MN that show tracks that not are redirected, but I believe it's easier if I could see that in MN 1.
ZvezdanD wrote:I am sorry to hear that, but your description is not very informative to me. Could you help me to reproduce this issue, please?
As I say, I can't be sure is due to this script or not. But what I did was while waiting for the above options I used a custom field and added Master/redirected/exception to make it easy to find new tracks to redirect (especial when I continuously is "checking" in more albums/artists to MM library). With ~20-40 tracks selected I used edit properties to change custom filed for all. It took longer time then normal and my guess was since I did some changes to a master/redirected file, maybe there are some chain reactions what I'm no fully aware of?
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:30 am

ZvezdanD wrote:Could you try to turn on Synchronize metadata of linked tracks when change master or redirected option and see if iPod sync works as it should?
master or redirected off
master only off
=> only master is updated during sync (correct)

master or redirected off
master only on
=> master and redirected files are updated during sync (correct)

master or redirected on
master only off
=> master and redirected files are updated during sync (correct as you predicted, but I'm 100% sure what this was not the case in prev. version)

if both is off maybe it shouldn't be possible to select metadata/tags (grey as in prev. version).
ZvezdanD wrote:I am not sure that understand what you are saying, but I think this option is available since v1.0. It is even displayed on the Create Redirection dialog box as "You could choose the Album with the track..."
I wasn't aware of that, but it was really simple to select tracks with different titles when you can see them all in the same view
ZvezdanD wrote:Find what:

Code: Select all

^.*
Into: Path
RegExp 1: checked
Replace with:

Code: Select all

IfNull(SQLQuery("SELECT '' FROM Songs WHERE (ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection) OR ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)) AND ID = " & oSongData.ID), "$&")
VBScript: checked
This one works exact the way I wont (when I click on select to replace). Depending on what you think about this, see previous post I can use this as alternative (with Into: Path I guess there is no chance that i can make stupid mistakes...)

Edit: I can easy show not linked tracks using this famous script selection invert
Last edited by RobertSmith on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

ZvezdanD
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 am

RobertSmith wrote:"Show all linked tracks & select masters" is ok, but I would prefer "Select all linked tracks & masters"
The reason for "highlighting master and linked tracks is to find tracks (versions) that is not redirected
Sorry, but I still don't understand what is a benefit of your suggestion. Current "Select" options could be used to get selected duplicates which could be useful if you want to create redirections for them. My suggestion with the new select option could be used if you want to transfer playstats or synchronize metadata for existing redirections. However, whichever option I choose, I need selected only masters or redirected tracks, but not both masters and redirected tracks.
RobertSmith wrote:With ~20-40 tracks selected I used edit properties to change custom filed for all. It took longer time then normal and my guess was since I did some changes to a master/redirected file, maybe there are some chain reactions what I'm no fully aware of?
Well, I noticed also some slow execution when tracks are synchronized, especially if I choose Album Art to be synchronized. Maybe you could try to turn off that option to see if it is a cause for such behavior.
RobertSmith wrote:master or redirected on
master only off
=> master and redirected files are updated during sync (correct as you predicted, but I'm 100% sure what this was not the case in prev. version)
Yes, I know, but it was not the case because I found some stupid bug introduced in v2.0 with synchronization. Because of it playstats was not transfered in some cases (like your iPod sync) even if you turn off synchronization. I really don't know how did you managed correct transfer of playstats with synchronization turned off. Anyway, I hope this is now resolved.
RobertSmith wrote:if both is off maybe it shouldn't be possible to select metadata/tags (grey as in prev. version)
I though they should not be disabled since same metadata could be synchronized even if you turn off both options (master or redirected / master only), if you choose manual synchronization using Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

RobertSmith
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Stockholm, The home of Icebears

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by RobertSmith » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am

ZvezdanD wrote:Sorry, but I still don't understand what is a benefit of your suggestion. Current "Select" options could be used to get selected duplicates which could be useful if you want to create redirections for them. My suggestion with the new select option could be used if you want to transfer playstats or synchronize metadata for existing redirections. However, whichever option I choose, I need selected only masters or redirected tracks, but not both masters and redirected tracks.
K, To use the RegEx preset in prev. post is ok with me (it works perfect to see all linked tracks for e.g one artist, invert to see all non linked) But I do understand your suggestion, Your are not supposed to do any actions after "my" selection in opposite to yours (mine is only for view/check). Is it possible to use the light bulb right of RegEx (I don't dare to try it) or is it only for "Replace All" button and will not work for "Select to Replace" Button
ZvezdanD wrote:I though they should not be disabled since same metadata could be synchronized even if you turn off both options (master or redirected / master only), if you choose manual synchronization using Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks.
K,
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)

Post Reply