Albums by same artist released the same year

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Danne

Albums by same artist released the same year

Post by Danne » Thu May 21, 2009 6:04 am

Hello!

I have a question, regarding the sorting of albums in MediaMonkey.

I have created a Magic Nodes, which sorts the albums under Album Artist, chronologically, by year. However, quite a few of "my" artists have released two or more albums the same year. In those cases they end up sorted by name. For example: The Beatles released three albums in 1963, Please Please Me, With the Beatles and A Hard Day's Night (in that order). All of them and up sorted by the correct year, but in alphabetical order.

Is there some way for Media Monkey to sort them the "correct" way? I tried using the full date, but it didn't work...

ZvezdanD

Re: Albums by same artist released the same year

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu May 21, 2009 10:29 am

Well, this is the current behavior of the Magic Nodes script and you cannot do to much about it, except to wait for the next update when it will be resolved (well, it is already resolved, but there are a few more things that I need to complete, before I make it public).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2