Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

drughetto

Re: Can't scroble to last.fm , help

Post by drughetto »

nohitter151 wrote:The scrobbler requires extra steps to work in portable mode. see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... er#p357486
hi
thanks
but can i know what does media monkey with "/elevate /regcomserver" command line do?
does it write the registry?
Darryl_Gittins

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I can't get this to work, but I'm probably not doing something right. Is there an actual document posted explaining all the secret handshakes? How do you know if it's even working? I don't see any tracks I've recently played appear on the Web page.

Even something so simple as knowing how to use the button on the toolbar is actually hard. When you click it, it changes color - red green or amber, but what does that mean actually? I realize that the button is supposed to toggle between cache, submit or not submit, but there's nothing in the UI to indicate what state it's actually in or what state is designated by what color.

Do you have to be psychic and read the mind of the developer or are the features actually explained somewhere for mere mortals?

Apologies for the snippy comment but this so often seems to be the case for terrific add-ons - there's no info explaining how to actually use the add-on, so you either have to guess and fumble about or try scanning through thousands of forum posts to try to piece together the info from other users that have already slogged their way through the data. This isn't an anomaly - it's the norm for MM addons. a simple help file would sure be great.

:evil:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Darryl_Gittins wrote:I can't get this to work, but I'm probably not doing something right. Is there an actual document posted explaining all the secret handshakes? How do you know if it's even working? I don't see any tracks I've recently played appear on the Web page.

Even something so simple as knowing how to use the button on the toolbar is actually hard. When you click it, it changes color - red green or amber, but what does that mean actually? I realize that the button is supposed to toggle between cache, submit or not submit, but there's nothing in the UI to indicate what state it's actually in or what state is designated by what color.
I believe if you just hover over the button there is a tooltip that indicates exactly which mode you're in.

Green = Actively submitting
Yellow = Scrobbling to cache
Red = Disabled

If your button is green and still won't submit, paste the contents of your log file here.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

Darryl_Gittins wrote:I can't get this to work, but I'm probably not doing something right. Is there an actual document posted explaining all the secret handshakes? How do you know if it's even working? I don't see any tracks I've recently played appear on the Web page.

Do you have to be psychic and read the mind of the developer or are the features actually explained somewhere for mere mortals?

Apologies for the snippy comment but this so often seems to be the case for terrific add-ons - there's no info explaining how to actually use the add-on, so you either have to guess and fumble about or try scanning through thousands of forum posts to try to piece together the info from other users that have already slogged their way through the data. This isn't an anomaly - it's the norm for MM addons. a simple help file would sure be great.

you can use the winamp version, i can upload if you want
Devin

Post by Devin »

Agreed.

I installed. Didn't realize there was a different initially -- saw a red last.fm logo and assume that was it (since their logo i red,) then realized you could select it either red/green/yellow, and assumed that green was actually the one I wanted (like a stop light.)

But it isn't working for me.

I installed, restarted the program as it said, am logged into last.fm and I've played a variety of songs all the way through (which are fully and correctly tagged,) but I get nothing.

Thinking maybe it's something with last.fm, I got onto Spotify (which I already have synced up with last.fm) and played a song and it popped right up on last.fm.

I don't know how to fix this in order for me to use it, so I agree with your general sentiments that a basic help file would be fantastic.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Devin,
I'm developer of MMW Plugin. Please open support ticket, so that we can get in touch directly. I'm almost 100% sure that is is something simple.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Devin

Post by Devin »

Peke wrote:Devin,
I'm developer of MMW Plugin. Please open support ticket, so that we can get in touch directly. I'm almost 100% sure that is is something simple.
Wow, I appreciate the amazingly quick response!

I'm not sure if I've done this correctly, but I believe this is what you meant (ticket ID): DMR-835047
Devin

Post by Devin »

Now it says:

"Ticket ID: IZL-583478"
Devin

Post by Devin »

And now:

"Ticket ID: CTW-588322"

I have no idea why I keep getting new emails and new ID numbers.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Devin wrote:And now:

Stop opening new tickets and just reply to the one already opened.

Devin

Post by Devin »

nohitter151 wrote:

I haven't opened any new tickets.

Nor have I replied to the one I created.

In fact, I haven't done anything with it since creating one and then pasting the details here.

I created a ticket, once, and I keep getting emails every couple hours saying "We recently received your e-mail to..." and providing me with a different ID each time.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Devin wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:

In fact, I haven't done anything with it since creating one and then pasting the details here.

I created a ticket, once, and I keep getting emails every couple hours saying "We recently received your e-mail to..." and providing me with a different ID each time.
I'm in the help desk now, and you did open 3 tickets. One at 4:40pm, one at 8:14pm, and one at 9:11pm

Devin

Post by Devin »

nohitter151 wrote:
Devin wrote:
nohitter151 wrote: Stop opening new tickets and just reply to the one already opened.

I'm in the help desk now, and you did open 3 tickets. One at 4:40pm, one at 8:14pm, and one at 9:11pm
I can tell you for a fact that I did not.

The only thing that I can think is if the page was refreshed. Otherwise, I don't know.

Obviously, if I were opening new tickets, I would know why I kept getting new emails saying "We recently received your email to..."
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

i have issue too with the portable version
and i'm pushed to use the winamp plugin

is there a way to use the lasf.fm scrobbler in portable version without edit the registry?

should i open a ticket too?

thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

drughetto wrote:
i have issue too with the portable version
and i'm pushed to use the winamp plugin

is there a way to use the lasf.fm scrobbler in portable version without edit the registry?

should i open a ticket too?

thanks
You don't have to edit the registry. Steps to make it work in portable mode are here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... er#p357486