Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jednie

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.91 (2009-08-28) [MM3]

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:Suggestion

Change the left hand labels into links, ie

Artist
Album
Song
Genre

• Clicking on the Artist link would display a generic Artist cloud , ie ABC DEF GHI JKL MNO PQR STU VWXYZ 0-9
  • Clicking on the Album link would display a generic Album cloud , ie ABC DEF GHI JKL MNO PQR STU VWXYZ 0-9
  • Clicking on the Song link would display a generic Song cloud , ie ABC DEF GHI JKL MNO PQR STU VWXYZ 0-9
  • Clicking on the Genre link would display the genre cloud as you have now ( and would be the same as clicking the Monkey Server as Genre is the current default)
MediaMan,

That's a great idea! I'll see if I can include something like it in the next release.

Thanks,
jednie
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Great.

Another related suggestion would be include static totals for the library, ie

Artist (300)
Album (210)
Song (2000)
Genre (8)

A variation of this, if it does not affect perforamnce, would be to dymaically update the totals based on the last search, ie , after searching for Beatles, the display would look like:

Artist (1)
Album (10)
Song (300)
Genre (2)
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Is there a timeout on the app that automatically logs you out? I find that if I have the app running, and come back a few hours later, , I need to log in again.
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
jednie

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:Is there a timeout on the app that automatically logs you out? I find that if I have the app running, and come back a few hours later, , I need to log in again.
Yes. In the Settings dialog you can set the Session Timeout to however many minutes you want.

jednie
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Suggestion - perhaps 0 (zero) could be programmed to mean "no timeout" - ie always on.
jednie

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:Suggestion - perhaps 0 (zero) could be programmed to mean "no timeout" - ie always on.

Sounds good. I will add it to my list.

Thanks,
jednie
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Suggestion : Add a link, in the header, callled Favorites

That link would open up a Favorites folder (just like is done in the native browser menu)

The folder that opens would be the one specfied as part of the setup (or as part of settings) and would typically be of the form : C:\Users\<username>\Favorites\Monkey Server

The folder would contain favorites the user creates and manages using native browser functionality.

Favorites can be easily created by right clicking and then Add to favourites - it works perfect for any album, song, or artist ; it currently creates the correct entry to launch it and it is labelled correctly.

When right clicking and then Add to favourites for a track, it also creates the correct entry to launch it, but the label currently says "Play Song" ... the track title should be used instead.

In this way, users can easily call up a set of favurite albums, songs, artist or tracks. Its perfect!
jednie

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:Suggestion : Add a link, in the header, callled Favorites

That link would open up a Favorites folder (just like is done in the native browser menu)

The folder that opens would be the one specfied as part of the setup (or as part of settings) and would typically be of the form : C:\Users\<username>\Favorites\Monkey Server

The folder would contain favorites the user creates and manages using native browser functionality.

Favorites can be easily created by right clicking and then Add to favourites - it works perfect for any album, song, or artist ; it currently creates the correct entry to launch it and it is labelled correctly.

When right clicking and then Add to favourites for a track, it also creates the correct entry to launch it, but the label currently says "Play Song" ... the track title should be used instead.

In this way, users can easily call up a set of favurite albums, songs, artist or tracks. Its perfect!
In the next release adding the "Play Song" link to your favorites folder will name the favorite "<artist> - <song>". I also modified how the album link and song link are saved to your favorites folder. The album link will appear as "<artist> - <album>" and the song link will appear as "<artist> - <song>". I have also modified the "Play All" link so it will appear in the favorite folder as "Play all - <all search criteria>". This may not work correctly in all browsers but worked in the ones that I tested.

Maybe I don't understand the folder idea but it sounds to me like it would be duplicating the functionality that browsers already have.

Thanks for the idea,
jednie
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Thanks, sounds really good.

Follow-up - you will also need to have different labels for Song vs Play Song ( ie filter by song title, vs playing a song)

Clarification # 1 - I didnt mean to imply a duplicate folder. Only mean to suggest that the favorties a user creates get stored in a subfolder (eg: C:\Users\<username>\Favorites\Monkey Server), such that they are not mixed up with other non-music favourites.

Clarification 2 - With the above, it would be convenient to have a favorites link in the header, that calls up only the MonkeyServer favorites, ie points to eg: C:\Users\<username>\Favorites\Monkey Server
jednie

Post by jednie »

jednie wrote:
MediaMan wrote:Suggestion - perhaps 0 (zero) could be programmed to mean "no timeout" - ie always on.

Sounds good. I will add it to my list.

Thanks,
jednie
MediaMan

After giving this more thought it seems to make more sense to just set the timeout number really high as there is cleanup that occurs when a session times out. If the session never times out then cleanup never occurs and the sessions data file could grow very large over time.

1 week = 10080
4 weeks = 40320

jednie
BriceGdT

Post by BriceGdT »

Hi All,

First of all, thank you very much jednie for this script ! I was waiting for it since a long time ! and it works great.

Thus I had a bug :

The link to the song point to a drive letter S: but my hardrive was H:
I've make it worked changing in windows my drive letter from H: to S: but I don't know why Monkey Server choose S:

If you are looking for new request about the soft, I will be glad to be able to filter files according "date of add". My friends are listening to my database through internet and it will be a good way to follow the last files added to my database.

Thanks again for your job !
jednie

Post by jednie »

BriceGdT wrote:Hi All,

First of all, thank you very much jednie for this script ! I was waiting for it since a long time ! and it works great.

Thus I had a bug :

The link to the song point to a drive letter S: but my hardrive was H:
I've make it worked changing in windows my drive letter from H: to S: but I don't know why Monkey Server choose S:

If you are looking for new request about the soft, I will be glad to be able to filter files according "date of add". My friends are listening to my database through internet and it will be a good way to follow the last files added to my database.

Thanks again for your job !
BriceGDT,

Thanks for the feedback. When you are having the drive letter problem are you seeing an error message? If so, can you post it here as it will help me troubleshoot.

I think the "date of add" is a good idea.

Your need for keeping track of the last files added makes me think that I should put an RSS feed link on each page and allow you (or others) to subscribe to any page they want.

Thanks,
jednie
BriceGdT

Post by BriceGdT »

Jednie,

The RSS concept would be even better !

About the Drive Letter pb, this is what I had :
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'S:\MP3\_Album\_Disco\EWF\1977 - All 'N All\Earth Wind & Fire - All`n´all - 08_Runnin´- Ponta De Aeria.MP3'.
File name: 'S:\MP3\_Album\_Disco\EWF\1977 - All 'N All\Earth Wind & Fire - All`n´all - 08_Runnin´- Ponta De Aeria.MP3'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at MonkeyServer.Response.PlaySong(String Path)
at MonkeyServer.Page.Play()
at MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse)
at MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()
I tried with the option "Use local file path when playing songs" ON and OFF, same result

Thanks,

BriceGdT
Peke

Post by Peke »

For all those that try to access Monkey Server from outside please check http://portforward.com/ for correctly setting router.

@Jednie
You should be able to query remote IP from User browsers headers see:
http://www.ericgiguere.com/tools/http-h ... iewer.html
http://www.xhaus.com/headers
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Just JP

Post by Just JP »

First off let me say thank you very much for your work with Monkey server. It's something I've been waiting a long time for. Remote access in MM was a problem I just couldn't solve. Even though I have to admit it took a long time for me to get port 2233 visible from remote computers but now victory is mine. :lol:

One thing that has been mentioned previously is the ability to use playlists from MM. As of now I can't use them but would very much like to. Another thing is the ability to, from a remote computer, be able to play one song after another the way MM does in the now playing list. Now if you send a track to an external player when a previous track is playing the new track will immediately start playing cutting off the first track.

Once again I would like to thank you for writing this program to make MM even better.

Jim