Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jednie

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:Some off-the-cuff suggestions:

1) In the upper left corner, the program logically gives the user the option of 4 ways to search ( artist, album, song, genre). However when the program opens, the user is presented with a set of genre tags. Why not give the user the choice of what high level attibute they want to start with, If they click on genre, show the genre tags. if the click in artist, album or song, show tags for those instead, and t oconserve spaced , use A B C D etc,
I will have to give this some thought. I am designing this in manner that the user interface can be completely customized using templates so if I can't make it work with the default template perhaps it can be done in a separate template.
MediaMan wrote: 2) when I click one of the genres from the cloud of Genre tags, there is no direct way to go back. Also some times I lose track of what filter is currently applied. Perhaps introduce a breadrcrumb approach, ie

Genres > Pop > Beatles > Yesterday
I like this idea as it provides a drill-down type approach to finding music. I will also give this one some thought.

MediaMan wrote: 3) add basic media player type functions, ie Volume; Prev Track; Next track; Pause

4) show art work for the now playing track

I intentionally left an embedded media player out of the default template because 1) I wanted the interface to be lean and fast 2) I don't currently know how to embed a media player on the page and 3) I figured that myself or someone else would eventually make a template that contains some of the wiz-bang type features like this.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will do my best to make these happen.

jednie
RifRaf

Post by RifRaf »

jendie, excellent stuff dude, scrobbles are working perfect on server and a lan workstation with the new option in Settings. Playcounts updating and all other info displayed as well now. having separate search boxes is a great bonus as well for more refined searching.

i really like the speed this works at so am not gonna ask for too many features that may slow it down, switching to the player itself is always an option if you want the full interface mm provides and media keys or keyboard shortcuts provide a quick way for play, pause, mute and volume etc on this laptop at least.

am finding myself having to scroll to the bottom of page constantly though to get to the page buttons or Play All, Could you maybe duplicate these buttons at the top of the lists or optionally be able to set the limit on results per page so the buttons stay visible at all times?

edit: also not sure if this is possible from outside of mm, but in addition to Play All, could there be a Play All Next and Play All Last?, so the currently playing song is not affected. This might also improve the selection of single songs being able to keep adding then to the end of now playing list rather than replacing it.
jednie

Post by jednie »

RifRaf wrote:jendie, excellent stuff dude, scrobbles are working perfect on server and a lan workstation with the new option in Settings. Playcounts updating and all other info displayed as well now. having separate search boxes is a great bonus as well for more refined searching.
Great. I am glad this is working for you.
RifRaf wrote: am finding myself having to scroll to the bottom of page constantly though to get to the page buttons or Play All, Could you maybe duplicate these buttons at the top of the lists or optionally be able to set the limit on results per page so the buttons stay visible at all times?
This sounds like a good idea. I may be able to do both of these.
RifRaf wrote: edit: also not sure if this is possible from outside of mm, but in addition to Play All, could there be a Play All Next and Play All Last?, so the currently playing song is not affected. This might also improve the selection of single songs being able to keep adding then to the end of now playing list rather than replacing it.
I currently have WinAmp associated with M3U files and I am able to add songs to my currently playing queue by dragging and drop the "Play All" link onto WinAmp application and it appends all songs to the end of the queue. I looked at the file specs for M3U files and there doesn't appear to be a way to have it tell a media player application to append the files. The drag and drop thing is sort of a work around for the lack of ability to do it in the M3U. I am not sure if it will work this way if you have MediaMonkey associated with M3U files.

jednie
RifRaf

Post by RifRaf »

using chrome as browser and mm as player was able to append the songs and playlists by doing this.

tell chrome not to 'always open files of this type(.m3u) automatically, they then build up along the bottom of browser, any of these .m3u links can be dragged into mm and dropped into any position in the Now Playing section and the files will be appended to the now playing list for uninterrupted playback
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

More suggestions for your consideration:

1) add a link to report bugs/suggestions -- ie a link to this thread. Currrently the only external link is to http://www.bendablebytes.com/

2) the Settings link in the top right is good, but it should include all Settings ( ie the same options that are in the task icon - server settings, user etc ) not just the local client settings.

3) the Logout link in the top right is finw.. but having the curent user ID ( eg admin) displayed (as a non-link) between the Setttings and Logout links is confusing. Suggest the current user info be removed from thr top right, and displayed instead in the top left. Top left makes more sense anyway as this is where one logs is.

4) there should be a Home or Refresh link to get to the intially loaded screen (ie to "http://<computername>:2233/songs.htm?"

5) when a song is played off the web page, and it ends, the next song that is played is the one MM3 is set to play, and not the next song in the list on the web page. Not sure what could/should be done for that one.

6) When I used the search box to look for a Beatles song, it found none - as the Genre search field was pre-populated with JAZZ form the previous song.I can see where the ANDing of these search field is used to filter as one clicks thru different items on the web page...and the pre-population is very slick...so I would keep it that way....but perhaps it could work such that if a user manual types in a entry on any field,the other fields are blanked out if pre-populated.

7) any way to highlight track that is currently being played

8 ) I would re-label the phrase "Random order" to "Shuffle"
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
RifRaf

Post by RifRaf »

mediaman, some good thoughts and a couple of thoughts/ideas on a few,
2) the Settings link in the top right is good, but it should include all Settings ( ie the same options that are in the task icon - server settings, user etc ) not just the local client settings.
more user options but please not server settings, there is no reason for a user to mess with ports or db location, apart from possibly an admin level user, which would mean implementing user levels just for that, is it necessary though?
5) when a song is played off the web page, and it ends, the next song that is played is the one MM3 is set to play, and not the next song in the list on the web page. Not sure what could/should be done for that one.
a possible solution might be to have check boxes next to each track to enable/disable them, so that when Play All is selected a selection of the 100 or so songs listed can be queued up into a playlist. Or possibly being able to add selections to a cache of sorts so you could build a playlist from several pages to send to the player as a new list when you have a bunch selected
jednie

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:More suggestions for your consideration:
1) add a link to report bugs/suggestions -- ie a link to this thread. Currrently the only external link is to http://www.bendablebytes.com/
I added a "Send feedback" link at the bottom of the page. I am not sure I that I like how it looks but I will leave it on there for now.
MediaMan wrote: 2) the Settings link in the top right is good, but it should include all Settings ( ie the same options that are in the task icon - server settings, user etc ) not just the local client settings.
These settings are meant to be client settings only. I don't think that I want to make any of the server settings available in the browser for security reasons. I am doing my best to keep this application secured and this would just add a new level of complexity.
MediaMan wrote: 3) the Logout link in the top right is finw.. but having the curent user ID ( eg admin) displayed (as a non-link) between the Setttings and Logout links is confusing. Suggest the current user info be removed from thr top right, and displayed instead in the top left. Top left makes more sense anyway as this is where one logs is.
I agree that this is confiusing. I have modified it to mimic Google Reader's implementation which I think looks better than what I had.
MediaMan wrote: 4) there should be a Home or Refresh link to get to the intially loaded screen (ie to "http://<computername>:2233/songs.htm?"
Yes. I actually had this previously but I removed it for some reason that I can't remember. Now you can click on the "Monkey Server" text on the title bar to be taken back to the starting or 'home' page.
MediaMan wrote: 5) when a song is played off the web page, and it ends, the next song that is played is the one MM3 is set to play, and not the next song in the list on the web page. Not sure what could/should be done for that one.
This may have to wait until I can implement some sort of embedded player.
MediaMan wrote: 6) When I used the search box to look for a Beatles song, it found none - as the Genre search field was pre-populated with JAZZ form the previous song.I can see where the ANDing of these search field is used to filter as one clicks thru different items on the web page...and the pre-population is very slick...so I would keep it that way....but perhaps it could work such that if a user manual types in a entry on any field,the other fields are blanked out if pre-populated.
I am not sure that I like this idea as I often want to refine my previous search if I don't get the results that I want. Instead I have added a "Clear" button that when clicked will clear all of the search textboxes and reset the Randomize check box.
MediaMan wrote: 7) any way to highlight track that is currently being played
This will have to wait until I can implement some sort of embedded player as there is currently no communication between the web page and the external media player.
MediaMan wrote: 8 ) I would re-label the phrase "Random order" to "Shuffle"

I like this suggestion and I will put it in my todo list.

Thanks for your ideas. Keep 'em coming.

jednie
jednie

Post by jednie »

RifRaf wrote: a possible solution might be to have check boxes next to each track to enable/disable them, so that when Play All is selected a selection of the 100 or so songs listed can be queued up into a playlist. Or possibly being able to add selections to a cache of sorts so you could build a playlist from several pages to send to the player as a new list when you have a bunch selected
I could pretty easily add checkboxes next to each song and a new "Play selected" button at the bottom of the page. If you need the selected songs to be cached somehow as new pages are loaded it may get a little complicated but still doable.

Thanks for suggestion,
jednie
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Dont know if others have experinced this ot it is my local machine (Vista and IE7), but here is my minor bug summary:

001 -a small blank IE window appears when monkey server first launched. See: http://www.box.net/shared/1finginija

002 -Local DB setting will always use the DB in Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\ if one exists.

003 -FLAC files will not play unless client setting for path option is checked.

004- Local client setting (path name checkbox) is not being saved - need to reset it each time monkey server starts.
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Other suggestions:

1) display a version number somewhere in the browser window, eg Monkey Server 0.90005
2) when displaying songs, can the column headers be linked to sort that column?
Mickey84

Post by Mickey84 »

I have a problem.

When I try to add new user i get exception, here is the stack trace (Polish message):

System.ArgumentException: Kolumna 'UserID' nie należy do tabeli Table1.
w System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
w System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.m_dt_TableNewRow(Object sender, DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.OnTableNewRow(DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRowCreated(DataRow row)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRow()
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.GetNewRecord()
w MonkeyServer.frmUser.butOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also i can't log in as default user.
jednie

Post by jednie »

MediaMan wrote:Dont know if others have experinced this ot it is my local machine (Vista and IE7), but here is my minor bug summary:

001 -a small blank IE window appears when monkey server first launched. See: http://www.box.net/shared/1finginija
Thanks for including the screenshot. I now understand what this is and I will have it fixed soon.
MediaMan wrote: 002 -Local DB setting will always use the DB in Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\ if one exists.
I am having a hard time duplicating this problem. Can you explain the steps that I should take?
MediaMan wrote: 003 -FLAC files will not play unless client setting for path option is checked.
I am having difficulties get the FLAC files to stream over HTTP and I am not even sure if it is possible. I will have to research this one.
MediaMan wrote: 004- Local client setting (path name checkbox) is not being saved - need to reset it each time monkey server starts.
If you are referring to the "Use local file path when playing songs" checkbox the value is supposed to be saved as a cookie in your browser. Can you verify that the cookie is actually saved. It is called "playusinglocalfilepath". Is there a chance that a security program on your system thinks the cookie is related to a spyware program and is deleting it?

jednie
OOmatrixOO

Post by OOmatrixOO »

i cant add users :(

Code: Select all

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentException: Spalte 'UserID' gehört nicht zu Tabelle Table1.
   bei System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
   bei System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)
   bei MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.m_dt_TableNewRow(Object sender, DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
   bei System.Data.DataTable.OnTableNewRow(DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
   bei System.Data.DataTable.NewRowCreated(DataRow row)
   bei System.Data.DataTable.NewRow()
   bei MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.GetNewRecord()
   bei MonkeyServer.frmUser.butOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
MC
    Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
––‘Œˆˆš˜—ˆš™Œœ†—‹ˆ
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll.
License
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
MonkeyServer
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.Data.SqlXml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.dll.
Microsoft.JScript
    Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.4016.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.JScript/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.JScript.dll.
Microsoft.Vsa
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Vsa/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.Vsa.dll.
l15g51um
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.JScript/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.JScript.dll.
l15g51um
System.Xml.Xsl.CompiledQuery.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.dll.
System.Data.SqlXml.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.resources.dll.
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.65.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.65.0.
    CodeBase: file:///F:/MediaMonkey/MonkeyServer/System.Data.SQLite.DLL.
System.Data.Entity
    Assembly-Version: 3.5.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.Entity/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.Entity.dll.
System.Core
    Assembly-Version: 3.5.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll.
System.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
System.Data.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

jednie

Post by jednie »

Mickey84 wrote:I have a problem.

When I try to add new user i get exception, here is the stack trace (Polish message):

System.ArgumentException: Kolumna 'UserID' nie należy do tabeli Table1.
w System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
w System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.m_dt_TableNewRow(Object sender, DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.OnTableNewRow(DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRowCreated(DataRow row)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRow()
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.GetNewRecord()
w MonkeyServer.frmUser.butOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also i can't log in as default user.
I think I have this one fixed. Please uninstall the previous version and then download and install the latest version. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

jednie
jednie

Post by jednie »

OOmatrixOO wrote:i cant add users :(
Please uninstall the previous version and download and install the latest. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

jednie