Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby Mickey84 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 am

jednie wrote:
Mickey84 wrote:I have a problem.

When I try to add new user i get exception, here is the stack trace (Polish message):

System.ArgumentException: Kolumna 'UserID' nie należy do tabeli Table1.
w System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
w System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.m_dt_TableNewRow(Object sender, DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.OnTableNewRow(DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRowCreated(DataRow row)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRow()
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.GetNewRecord()
w MonkeyServer.frmUser.butOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also i can't log in as default user.


I think I have this one fixed. Please uninstall the previous version and then download and install the latest version. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

jednie


Hi,

thank you for the response. I think i have the latest version, I've dowloaded the package today from your website.
Mickey84
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:58 am

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby OOmatrixOO » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:08 am

jednie wrote:
OOmatrixOO wrote:i cant add users :(


Please uninstall the previous version and download and install the latest. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

jednie


thx, now it works :D
OOmatrixOO
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:57 am

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby jednie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 am

MediaMan wrote:004- Local client setting (path name checkbox) is not being saved - need to reset it each time monkey server starts.


I dug into this and found that the cookies were expiring. This should be fixed in the latest update.

jednie
jednie
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am
Location: United States

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby Mickey84 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:19 am

Mickey84 wrote:
jednie wrote:
Mickey84 wrote:I have a problem.

When I try to add new user i get exception, here is the stack trace (Polish message):

System.ArgumentException: Kolumna 'UserID' nie należy do tabeli Table1.
w System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
w System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.m_dt_TableNewRow(Object sender, DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.OnTableNewRow(DataTableNewRowEventArgs e)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRowCreated(DataRow row)
w System.Data.DataTable.NewRow()
w MonkeyServer.DataBaseClass.GetNewRecord()
w MonkeyServer.frmUser.butOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also i can't log in as default user.


I think I have this one fixed. Please uninstall the previous version and then download and install the latest version. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

jednie


Hi,

thank you for the response. I think i have the latest version, I've dowloaded the package today from your website.

I've downloded it once again and now it's ok :)

Thanks.
Mickey84
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:58 am

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby jednie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:33 am

RifRaf wrote:am finding myself having to scroll to the bottom of page constantly though to get to the page buttons or Play All, Could you maybe duplicate these buttons at the top of the lists or optionally be able to set the limit on results per page so the buttons stay visible at all times?


RifRaf,

I added a setting on the Client Settings page called "Songs per page (override template)" that will override the template default setting of 100 if you provide a different value. This should help with your scrolling problem.

jednie
jednie
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am
Location: United States

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby tgriff9020 (irshjet35) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 am

Have a couple questions

I downloaded and installed but it wont log me in with default login. tried to create a new user and still couldnt log in. It is installed on same machine as DB. No error just default back to log in

2nd) How would you access your MM from the internet? since it looks like it only creates a local path for the address?


Thanks
T
tgriff9020 (irshjet35)
 

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby MediaMan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 am

jednie wrote:
MediaMan wrote:003 -FLAC files will not play unless client setting for path option is checked.


I am having difficulties get the FLAC files to stream over HTTP and I am not even sure if it is possible. I will have to research this one.jednie


This isssue is NOT that FLAC files cant stream over HTTP ...the FLAC track plays fine (thru the MM3 player exactly the same as an mp3 file). Thats not the problem. The problem is that the only way for me to get it to work, is to check off an unrelated local client setting flag ( the one for path names). In MM.db my database, I use standard drive letters ( ie C:\path) for all my music - mp3 or FLAC... so its odd that the checkbox even makes a difference but it does. When the box is checked, I have no issues - I hear the song I click on. But if its unchecked, then mp3 files play fine but FLAC files get ignored, and I instead hear whatever the next mp3 track MM3 is ready to play.
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
MediaMan
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 am
Location: Canada

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby jednie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 am

MediaMan wrote:This isssue is NOT that FLAC files cant stream over HTTP ...the FLAC track plays fine (thru the MM3 player exactly the same as an mp3 file). Thats not the problem. The problem is that the only way for me to get it to work, is to check off an unrelated local client setting flag ( the one for path names). In MM.db my database, I use standard drive letters ( ie C:\path) for all my music - mp3 or FLAC... so its odd that the checkbox even makes a difference but it does. When the box is checked, I have no issues - I hear the song I click on. But if its unchecked, then mp3 files play fine but FLAC files get ignored, and I instead hear whatever the next mp3 track MM3 is ready to play.


The Client Setting checkbox called "Use local file path when playing songs" IS NOT unrelated at all. It makes a big difference in how the M3U file is created. If the box ISN'T checked then each song in your M3U file will contain a URL that starts off with "http". If the box IS checked then each song in your M3U will start off with a "c:\" if your songs are located on your C Drive. Take a look at the M3U files that are generated with each setting if I haven't been clear.

jednie
jednie
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am
Location: United States

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby jednie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:39 am

tgriff9020 (irshjet35) wrote:Have a couple questions

I downloaded and installed but it wont log me in with default login. tried to create a new user and still couldnt log in. It is installed on same machine as DB. No error just default back to log in


Uninstall the version that you are using and then download and install the latest version as this seems to have fixed the problem for others.

tgriff9020 (irshjet35) wrote:2nd) How would you access your MM from the internet? since it looks like it only creates a local path for the address?


This part requires a bit of technical know-how. Here are the steps as I see them:

1. Configure Monkey Server to use a specific port (the default is 2233)
2. Signup for a free dynamic IP address service like http://www.no-ip.com/ if your external IP address is dynamic. I have been using this service for years and it works well.
3. Configure your router to redirect incoming port 2233 requests to your PC's port 2233.
4. If you go with No-IP.com then you would simply type http://<yourname>.no-ip.org:2233 into your browser and you should be able to access Monkey Server from anywhere on the Internet.

jednie
jednie
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am
Location: United States

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby MediaMan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 pm

jednie wrote:3. Configure your router to redirect incoming port 2233 requests to your PC's port 2233.jednie


Accessing Monkey Server from anywhere on the Internet is certainly an interesting option. Not to get too far off topic, but for those of us who do not dabble too much with our routers (and dont want to inadvertantly create a security hole), can you provide a snapshot on how one redirects an incoming port to a PC's port? Does one look for a feature re WAN/LAN/port forwarding/redirection option? Might you ( or someone) post a screen shot of an iillustrative sample/example of how this is done. I realize every router is different, but some clues always help!
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
MediaMan
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 am
Location: Canada

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby jednie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 pm

MediaMan wrote:
jednie wrote:3. Configure your router to redirect incoming port 2233 requests to your PC's port 2233.jednie


Accessing Monkey Server from anywhere on the Internet is certainly an interesting option. Not to get too far off topic, but for those of us who do not dabble too much with our routers (and dont want to inadvertantly create a security hole), can you provide a snapshot on how one redirects an incoming port to a PC's port? Does one look for a feature re WAN/LAN/port forwarding/redirection option? Might you ( or someone) post a screen shot of an iillustrative sample/example of how this is done. I realize every router is different, but some clues always help!


I have a LinkSys router and on the Adminstration web page there is a tab called Applications and Gaming. Once I have selected this tab there are two ways that I set this up and both of them are very similar. 1) The first way is called Port Range Forwarding on the screen. If I select this I am taken to a page were I specify a range of ports that I want to forward. In may case my range is 2233 to 2233 so I enter that information. Then I just specify the IP Address that I want the requests forward to. This is where I enter the IP Address of my PC. 2) The second method on the LinkSys Adminstration page is called UPnP forwarding. This is very similar to the previous method in that you select the external port number that the request will be coming in on and then you select the IP Address of your PC and the port that your PC is listening on.

I am not able to send a screen right now but I can send one later if you like. I hope this helps.

jednie
jednie
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am
Location: United States

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby MediaMan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Suppose the address of your pc is 10.20.30.40 and you made the changes you desrcibe above , ie forward the range 2233 to 2233 to the specifc IP Address of 10.20.30.40

How does this relate to the no-ip,org service? You mentioned earlier that in order to remotely access the monkey server on your pc, one would make the above router changes and use "http://<yourname>.no-ip.org:2233" . Does <yourname> refer:

  • the username for no_ip : http://clueless.no-ip.org:2233
  • or to the IP address of your PC, ie http://10.20.30.40.no-ip.org:2233
  • or to the ip address that no_ip assigns when you login from your home machine?, ie http://192.99.88.77 .no-ip.org:2233

I assume its the latter??
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
MediaMan
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 am
Location: Canada

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby RifRaf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:36 pm

port forwarding is used to send the traffic on port :2233 from your routers LAN IP address to your servers lan IP address, this has nothing to do with the no-ip.org service. An example might be from 10.0.0.1:2233 (Router LAN IP) forwarded to 10.0.0.2:2233 (The internal IP of machine with Monkey Server)

the no-ip.org service is used to redirect traffic to your routers WAN IP or its internet IP address and is not essential for being able to access externally. The no-ip.org service needs to know your external IP address of router to be able to do this. You can then ccess your server using the no-ip.org domain name rather than the Routers WAN IP address. An example might be , your router has external ip of 203.203.23.203 so you could access your machine externally with the address http://203.203.23.203:2233 and if the port forwarding above has been configured you will access your monkey server externally. After setting up a no-ip.org account that redirects to your wan address you could use the addresss http://yourusername.no-ip.org:2233 to access the server externally (no-ip redirects the traffic from yourusername.no-ip.org to 203.203.23.203 for you so you don't need to remember the ip)
RifRaf
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby tgriff9020(irshjet35) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:04 pm

ok, here is what I have. i went to no-ip and signed up and created my hostname and entered the ip address from my router. I have it set to port 80 redirect as the host type and port 2233. on my router I have the port forwarding set to go to my pc ip and port 2233. do i need to specify a public ip address and what protocol would I use? I have a actiontec router


thanks for any help
tgriff9020(irshjet35)
 

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.90

Postby jednie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 pm

tgriff9020(irshjet35) wrote:ok, here is what I have. i went to no-ip and signed up and created my hostname and entered the ip address from my router. I have it set to port 80 redirect as the host type and port 2233. on my router I have the port forwarding set to go to my pc ip and port 2233. do i need to specify a public ip address and what protocol would I use? I have a actiontec router


thanks for any help



No-IP has a software program that you run from your PC and it will create an icon in your system tray. This program will send a message periodically to No-IP's servers and No-IP is able to determine your public IP address from this message.

It sounds like you are just about there.

jednie
jednie
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am
Location: United States

PreviousNext

Return to Need Help with Addons?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests