Involved People Node v1.3 (2009-09-01) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SimonORorke

Re: Involved People Node v1.3 (2009-09-01) [MM3]

Post by SimonORorke »

I suppose I didn't report it because I found that Involved People Node worked better for my specific needs and I uninstalled Magic Nodes. But I would be glad to report the bug, unless it turns out to already be a known problem. I should be able to sort that out in the next couple of days.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I would be glad to hear about that bug with the detailed description how to reproduce it. You know, I cannot fix some bug unknown to me if nobody report it.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

I'm still here but I don't have any time to do scripts anymore.

Do what ever you want with the code. I couldn't code at first and now I have forgotten everything :( but I learned by looking at the mediamonkey wiki site and others script. Good luck.
SimonORorke

Post by SimonORorke »

Thanks. I can code and a "Subscript out of Range" error should be reasonably straightforward to deal with. But I too am busy. So I should make it clear that I'm not necessarily making a commitment to providing a fix for the bug or to then provide ongoing maintenance for the script. I've stopped getting the error message by fixing the offending tag, so I'm in no rush to fix the bug. When and if I do fix the bug for my own use, I'll then consider what would be involved in making the fix public.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

SimonORorke wrote: I've stopped getting the error message by fixing the offending tag...
I too am getting the Subscript out of Range error.
How can I stop the error message and use the Involved People node.
The By Person works fine - it's the By Role that fails.
I have checked and re-checked all my tag entries and can find nothing that might set off the error message.
What do I need to look for?
Double ;;
Tag ending in ;

What else...??
MediaMonkey user since 2006
unnicorn2

Post by unnicorn2 »

Thanks for the script. Modified it a bit to suit my needs. Since MM differentiates multiple artists by ";" changed the separator used in this case from ";" to "|".
SimonORorke

Post by SimonORorke »

Since MM differentiates multiple artists by ";" changed the separator used in this case from ";" to "|".
Where artist names are separated by ";" in the Artist tag, MM shows the separated names as individual nodes within the Artist node. But MM does not support an Involved People node out of the box. That's where this Involved People Node add-on comes in. So I don't understand what advantage there would be in changing the separator in the Involved People tag.

I cannot find any official definition of the structure of an Involved People tag. What looks like the official definition at http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0 is vague. Involved People tags can be found at the http://www.discogs.com/ web site and imported from there by the Discogs Tagger add-on http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=43924. These conform to the structure/syntax expected by the Involved People Node add-on, including ";" as the separator.
SimonORorke

Post by SimonORorke »

I've made a version of the Involved People Node add-on where, when there in an invalid Involved People field, instead of showing a "subscript out of range message" a more meaningful "Invalid Involved People" message is shown, including the contents of the offending Involved People field together with the aritst, album, track number and title of the track it applies to.

I'm quite willing to make my new version public. What would be involved? Can I send the code to the original author to update the download file please? Or get access to the download file to update it myself?

Simon
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

@SimonORorke: I gess you could just upload it somewhere and post the download link here.
Increment the version number and upgrade the mmip installation file.
k_r_eriksson wrote:I'm still here but I don't have any time to do scripts anymore.

Do what ever you want with the code. I couldn't code at first and now I have forgotten everything :(
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
SimonORorke

Post by SimonORorke »

To ensure no one downloads the out of date version, I would need to either put the software in the same place as is linked to in the download instructions in the first post of this thread or change the target of the link. Changing the version number in the title of the thread would be good too. To do any of these things, I would need the co-operation of k_r_eriksson, the original author. So hopefully he will respond.

I suppose another option would be to start a new thread for the new version, though that would not be ideal.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Send a PM to k_r_eriksson, if he wish it could modify the first post for you.
Otherwise, I suppose a moderator can grant you the rights, or do something.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

In situations like this, where an scripter "takes over" a script, they start their own thread for their version and continue on from there. Then they usually place a link back to the original thread when giving credit to the original author. That's what occurred with the MagicNodes script, MonkeyRok and... one of the Lyrics scripts I think.
SimonORorke

Post by SimonORorke »

With the agreement of k_r_eriksson, I have taken over maintenance of the Involved People Node add-on. I have set up a new thread for ongoing support of the add-on: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=56275. A link to a new version of the add-on can be found in the first post of that thread. Please do not make any further posts to this thread.

Simon
Peke

Post by Peke »

Topic locked to ensure Simons request of no more posts in this thread.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts