Earliest release date from Discogs

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

netphoenix

Re: Earliest release date from Discogs

Post by netphoenix »

I've been searching for something like this for a while and have finally I've found it. I have a couple of issues cropping up, however. First, why overwrite the "Date" field, since I would expect that to be an album release date. I would think it better to use the "Original Date" field, since that's what is being searched for. As it is, I'd lose the release date on my (i.e. "Best Of's") albums. How about a selectable choice??? This is a show-stopper for me.

I do have an error popping up. When I start MM, I now blow an error: "The Parameter is Incorrect" It appears that what's happening involves an attempt to lookup the date on the song displayed in my player (last song from last MM use).

Update: I just discovered that the error only pops up if the "view" is On, on startup. Activating that window AFTER starting MM, I get no error.

-Chris
setki

Post by setki »

TOP script ! Finally found it. THANKS !

I agree with "netphoenix" about the date field but the choice should be an option because I for example use the date field
for the release date (also in compilation albums) because it is easier and the "original date" I use for the "real original date" when it is a cover.

What I am missing is the possibility to update my database with a click.
Now it goes looking for the song when it is playing, but I want it to go and fix them directly.

I think there are two options:
- find a script that plays intro's (eg. 15 sec) ==> haven't found one yet that works
- build the "Update selected" in this script

*** UPDATE ***
Just found a solution:
- Go to "Files to Edit" / "Unknown Year"
- "Select all" and Shift/CTRL/P for preview build (make sure your preview option is set to +/- 10 sec)
- Now go to Preview and start to play them.

YEAH ! Monkey Rocks ! :D

And also know that :
According to the site : API usage is limited to 5,000 requests per 24-hour period, per IP address.
But they block me already after 1.000 hits !!!
jspphotos

Post by jspphotos »

The search results are being cut off on the right-hand side. I am running v3.2.2.1300
sordup

Post by sordup »

My results are also being cut off (visibly - the text that is).

Also, I am to understand this addon works only on single files while they are being played? There is no current way to batch edit date tags on the static database?
reggie_mal

Post by reggie_mal »

Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone is still watching this post!! Does anyone know how to switch off the date fixer script!! It keeps updating songs even if the date is not correct on discogs!

Ta
tralek

Post by tralek »

Great script yhsiuqs! I couldn't find anything better till now in internet.

I hope that you will continue work on that script as it is beside Genre Finder it is one of most usefull tools for MP3 collectors!
malachisecretspy

Post by malachisecretspy »

to switch it off, im not sure if you can.i just go in and rename the file extension every time i don't want to use it.works ok.i just made a shortcut to the script folder it's in.:D
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Lowlander pointed me towards this.....Yessssssssssssss!!!
This is exactly what all us Original daters need.

I can clearly see your idea and it works. So Simple just needs some help on the scripting front. (Alas I know nothing)

I must of trawled through at least 10 old threads regarding solving this problem, but never found this because it doesn't refer to original date.
Is there a way to make it better known to people so you can hopefully get some help with it.

I don't know what the etiquette is between scripters etc so forgive me if I'm talking out of turn, but the basic concept of what your doing seems so simple and could surely be applied across other sites. Just running it against my own library would enable me to use this method against what already have in the library.

It is so basic and cumbersome but absolutely perfect for what it is trying to achieve:)

Of course there is a load of points that need to be addressed but the basic idea is perfect.
Thanks for making the effort.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I restarted the PC and the dockable panel has disappeared?
Tried deleting and reinstalling sript but no joy.
Its changing dates but i cant see what title/artists its using??
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

richiefinger wrote:I restarted the PC and the dockable panel has disappeared?
View menu -> Date Fixer ?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Clean Install has solved it for now.

Can someone please tell me how I can edit the code from this so I can get it to use "original year" instead of "year"

1. what program do i need to edit the script.
2. will i see "Year" somewhere and replace it with "Original Year" or am I being hopelessly optimistic:)

never touched a scripting program before in my life, so be gentle if i'm being an idiot.
cheers
Hagar

Earliest release date from Discogs

Post by Hagar »

This ROCKS, just what I was looking for, thanks so very much.
Hagar

Post by Hagar »

*** UPDATE ***
Just found a solution:
- Go to "Files to Edit" / "Unknown Year"
- "Select all" and Shift/CTRL/P for preview build (make sure your preview option is set to +/- 10 sec)
- Now go to Preview and start to play them.

I'm missing how do I set the preview time to =/-10 secs?
Hagar

Post by Hagar »

Nope didn't figure it out. Can't figure how to get the songs to play for just 10 secs.
jonp

Post by jonp »

Tools - Options - Library - Virtual CD & Preview