Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bmcclure

Re: Discogs Tagger 3.2 (Updated: 2011-07-08)

Post by bmcclure »

And the MM4 beta for me is running better than MM3 ever did... I haven't had a crash in weeks.

Ben
--
Ben
doughtizzle

Post by doughtizzle »

bmcclure wrote:And the MM4 beta for me is running better than MM3 ever did... I haven't had a crash in weeks.

Ben
Time for an upgrade I guess. I could probably find a bum sleeping on this junk =/
Borat

Post by Borat »

Any news to the problem that album art is not retrieved? I even tried giving permission to MM in the firewall but it didnt change anything. Other taggers download album art just fine but only Discogs has that much electronic music. :-(

I really would appreciate finding a solution because this a crucial feature for me.
Let

Post by Let »

Full size images are resctricted but you can use small images (thumbnail) as far as understand.

See the discussion below:

http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/274063

It seems they don't have any plan to give access to all images due to abuse.
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

I have never even experienced that with the Discogs tagger, however--large image have always simply worked.

Only once the client is detected to be abusing the image downloading is when it is automatically blocked as far as I can tell.
--
Ben
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Yeah, the image is also not working for me anymore. NO PROBLEMO:

- Click the image in the Discogs auto-tag window. It will open the images page in your web browser.
- In the web browser: Right-click the image -> Copy
- In Mediamonkey image panel: Right-click -> Paste
--> usual MM's ADD image dialog box.

... Or simply drag and drop the image from browser to Mediamonkey.

:~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Borat

Post by Borat »

Eyal wrote:Yeah, the image is also not working for me anymore. NO PROBLEMO:

- Click the image in the Discogs auto-tag window. It will open the images page in your web browser.
- In the web browser: Right-click the image -> Copy
- In Mediamonkey image panel: Right-click -> Paste
--> usual MM's ADD image dialog box.

... Or simply drag and drop the image from browser to Mediamonkey.

:~)

Thank you very much! This workaround did it for me. :-)
Let

Post by Let »

discogs have made an announcement regarding the solution of image problem.

http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/277243

fair enough... let me know if your problems still exists.
Borat

Post by Borat »

Wonderfull! Works as it is supposed to...

Thanks,
B
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

1. Since multiple images are available from Discogs by clicking the image in the tag window and scrolling down, (front cover, back cover, record label etc...) is there a way to download all automatically into the tag in the appropriate image type in the tag(s)?

2. Is the catalog # that populates in the Custom2 field the best number for identifying a particular album? Is the PUID the best number for id'ing a song or is there something else more accurate?
Last edited by steviegt on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

To your first question, the tagger saves only the primary images.

To save secondary images, you'll need to click the thumbnail to go to the images page at Discogs, view the full size version, copy the URL for the image(s) you want, and add it/them manually to the Properties window for the tracks in that album.

Hopefully in the future the Discogs tagger will allow you to save all related images.
--
Ben
Let

Post by Let »

1) Mediamonkey allows only one album art at the moment, and script only saves primary images (selection of an image is on my todo list)

2) For identifying an album discogs release id would be a good choice (i use it that way) as long as you don't have several versions of a release. Catalog number is unique to a label, so "Label, Catalog#" can also be used. PUID is unique for each song.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Hey Let ... just curious, when I go to Tools -> Extensions -> Find Updates I'm told there is a 3.3 update for this script. Any idea why? :)
Stop Button Freak
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I try to use Discogs exclusively and if needed Musicbrainz. I realize MM and or anyone in this forum do not represent Discogs. I think Discogs overall is the best thing out there for tagging.

1. When searching for an album and the Artist and Album are correct in the tag, why does Discogs show info for albums that aren't even close to the album in the search?

2. Alot of times if the album doesn't show in searches using Discogs, if you find any search result for the Artsist or maybe the Album in a different country, you can click on the link for the artist name or album name and go to the Discogs website and easily find it! Most times there are multiple releases for the album in question. If you copy the catalog # from the website and paste it in the Discogs search, it then displays the full correct info. Why doesn't it display this info the first time around? It's such a waste of time. The initial data provided should yield correct results.

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
Let

Post by Let »

Nobody represents discogs here but I am representing the script.

1) Discogs Tagger script uses whatever is passed from MM for searching. Mostly it is something wrong/unrelated information which is found currently in artist/album/title tags. That's why the "alternative search" combo box exists there. By selecting whatever appropriate, you should refine your search.

2) As I stated in previous answer, if you can supply a unique-to-release keyword (initial data with your own words), tagger will find the correct release. Otherwise you'll have to find it manually. Alternative searches and filters are over there to help you finding the correct release.

On next release I'll be adding label, artist and master release lists which will help further.