Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.7

Post by Let »

V 2.7 is out. I put a shortcut combobox for making alternative searches instead of typing by hand. Combobox is filled from the first track's tags, filename and foldername. I'll look for a solution in the next version for the duplicate alternatives. See first post for all changes.

Happy Eid & Happy Tagging!
macrbest

Post by macrbest »

Hey Let!
I couldn't find any time to fix this http gzip pb with Discogs in my old script.
It seems you found the solution!
Great news.
Macrbest
Let

Post by Let »

Hey macrbest! So many fixes and improvements. I hope you like where we've got with your work :)
RetroMan

Post by RetroMan »

Let wrote:V 2.7 is out. I put a shortcut combobox for making alternative searches instead of typing by hand. Combobox is filled from the first track's tags, filename and foldername. I'll look for a solution in the next version for the duplicate alternatives. See first post for all changes.

Working like a charm. I love it. Excellent job!
RetroMan

Post by RetroMan »

Let wrote:V 2.7 is out. I put a shortcut combobox for making alternative searches instead of typing by hand. Combobox is filled from the first track's tags, filename and foldername. I'll look for a solution in the next version for the duplicate alternatives. See first post for all changes.

ALMOST like a charm :oops:

When the link "artist" or "album artist" is clicked, the word 'artist' is copied into the search. If the artist link is 'the White Stripes', the search string is "artist The White Stripes".

Links for Release ID, Album and Label are OK.
macrbest

Post by macrbest »

Let wrote:Hey macrbest! So many fixes and improvements. I hope you like where we've got with your work :)
It can only be better... I was very sad not being able to tag from discogs anymore... :-)
It seems that you solved the problem !
Good luck and thanks for the updates.
Let

Post by Let »

RetroMan wrote: ALMOST like a charm :oops:

When the link "artist" or "album artist" is clicked, the word 'artist' is copied into the search. If the artist link is 'the White Stripes', the search string is "artist The White Stripes".

Links for Release ID, Album and Label are OK.
Artist names starting with "the" such as "The Artist" are kept in "Artist, The" format by Discogs. Script converts it back to proper the format. In summary, links for those artists will not work until we get it fixed :)
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

For everyone that has a problem getting this to work or is confused about API Key, this is how it works.

1. I signed up for an account at Discogs.com and clicked on settings in the top-right corner.
2. Clicked on the API Access tab, there you will see:

API Key: 00xxxxxxxx (Active: Yes)

You will need to Copy & Paste this information.

3. Download the Discogs Tagger installer (.mmip file) and open the file.

*If you are on Vista or 7-- right click mediamonkey and run as administrator if you receive product installation error like I did.

Thanks for your script I will be trying it out as Amazon just isn't cutting it for me. Are there any other taggers out there that can help me particularly with genre which Amazon lacks? I would like to combine as many resources as I can to save time. I am looking into an allmusic.com script or tagger but can't find any.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ripndip wrote:For everyone that has a problem getting this to work or is confused about API Key, this is how it works.

1. I signed up for an account at Discogs.com and clicked on settings in the top-right corner.

*If you are on Vista or 7-- right click mediamonkey and run as administrator if you receive product installation error like I did.

Thanks for your script I will be trying it out as Amazon just isn't cutting it for me. Are there any other taggers out there that can help me particularly with genre which Amazon lacks? I would like to combine as many resources as I can to save time. I am looking into an allmusic.com script or tagger but can't find any.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... oo#p195396

AMG is not a free service so it cannot be used in a MM script.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Let

Post by Let »

ripndip wrote:For everyone that has a problem getting this to work or is confused about API Key, this is how it works.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've improved the installation instructions in the first post.
Innuendo

Post by Innuendo »

ripndip wrote:I am looking into an allmusic.com script or tagger but can't find any.
You are going to find it near-impossible to find one. Back in 2007 allmusic.com scripts were plentiful among all the tagging programs, but then AllMusic came down on everyone like the hammer of an angry god when they started charging for their services threatening to sue anyone who didn't pull their scripts off the internet.

In the deepest, darkest corners of the internet you can still find allmusic.com scripts, but they are lingering artifacts from 2007 & allmusic.com has changed a lot since then so they all don't work & you'd have to edit them yourself....not worth the trouble at the end of the day when there's still Discogs, MusicBrainz, etc. available.
IndustrialPope

Post by IndustrialPope »

Let wrote: Artist names starting with "the" such as "The Artist" are kept in "Artist, The" format by Discogs. Script converts it back to proper the format. In summary, links for those artists will not work until we get it fixed :)
if you're going to fix that, could you make it possible to select if you want to use the artist name variation or if you wish to use the "official" seed name as it appears in the discogs database? The foobar plugin for discogs does this as well and it's one of the few features I miss, as it greatly reduces the redundant artist name variations.

For example: DJ Paul, DJ Paul Elstak, Paul Elstak are all the same person and discogs links them together with a seed name, i want to use that seed name as artist name.
I think it would be less taxing on the local mediamonkey database as well.
IndustrialPope

Post by IndustrialPope »

Innuendo wrote:
ripndip wrote:I am looking into an allmusic.com script or tagger but can't find any.
You are going to find it near-impossible to find one. Back in 2007 allmusic.com scripts were plentiful among all the tagging programs, but then AllMusic came down on everyone like the hammer of an angry god when they started charging for their services threatening to sue anyone who didn't pull their scripts off the internet.

In the deepest, darkest corners of the internet you can still find allmusic.com scripts, but they are lingering artifacts from 2007 & allmusic.com has changed a lot since then so they all don't work & you'd have to edit them yourself....not worth the trouble at the end of the day when there's still Discogs, MusicBrainz, etc. available.
IIRC: Windows Media Player 10 used to have Allmusic support for looking up, but it's gone in 12. they've switched to gracenote now.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It was in 11 too. I'm guessing they used to license LASSO, but when they did up ver. 12, decided the cost wasn't worth it.
Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.8

Post by Let »

IndustrialPope wrote:
Let wrote: Artist names starting with "the" such as "The Artist" are kept in "Artist, The" format by Discogs. Script converts it back to proper the format. In summary, links for those artists will not work until we get it fixed :)
if you're going to fix that, could you make it possible to select if you want to use the artist name variation or if you wish to use the "official" seed name as it appears in the discogs database? The foobar plugin for discogs does this as well and it's one of the few features I miss, as it greatly reduces the redundant artist name variations.

For example: DJ Paul, DJ Paul Elstak, Paul Elstak are all the same person and discogs links them together with a seed name, i want to use that seed name as artist name.
I think it would be less taxing on the local mediamonkey database as well.
I'll be coding ANV usage/disusage in the future. Broken links of fixed artist names (,The and (3) ) is also in my todo list.