Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Andrello

Re: Discogs Tagger 3.2 (Updated: 2011-07-08)

Post by Andrello »

Maybe the Album Art issue has to do with Discogs' habit to save the pics as "jpeg" instead of "jpg"? Could be tested with an exception of this rule, i.e. a "jpg" file in discogs.
smoovedawg

Post by smoovedawg »

I'm having the same issue with album art. It's only really started in the last week or so. And i haven't updated anything.

Running on Windows 7 64bit
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

It's very strange so many people are starting to have this problem. Perhaps it is a problem with the way the latest Discogs API changes work and the way MM 3 handles images?

It's only a wild guess, since I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and MediaMonkey 4, and I've tagged a lot of albums over the last week or so without a single one having an album art problem.

I'm very curious to find the common factor between those experiencing this issue...

Ben
--
Ben
Let

Post by Let »

The same here... Having no problems with W7 x64 with MM3.
AlanR

Post by AlanR »

I'm having issued with the album are using MM 3.2.5.1306 and Discogs Auto-Tagger 3.2 on Windows 7 64bit. It says it's downloading, but no image comes up in properties.
Let

Post by Let »

there's really nothing much i can do to help this problem. discogs tagger is setting the url of the album art to be downloaded and MM handles the rest. MM might have problems connecting to Internet, you might want to check proxy etc.
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

It's odd though... if the Amazon tagger can still download album art, what could the difference be that prevents the Discogs tagger from working the same way? If it was a MediaMonkey or internet problem, it should affect all taggers which try to pass image URLs to MediaMonkey on any affected system.

If it was a problem with the Discogs API, I would think it would be more consistent across users, or other scripts/apps which utilize the API.

Are Discogs tagger and the Amazon tagger using the exact same commands to instruct MediaMonkey to save the file?
--
Ben
jDally987

Post by jDally987 »

Having the same problem with album art here. Just started acting up like a week or two ago, before that it worked just fine. Wtf.
Let

Post by Let »

I think I've found the problem:

http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/270713
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

Good find!

In those cases, shouldn't the image work if the user were to try again later, though? The only thing I'm still wondering is why it's so consistent for some users, while others never have the problem.

Perhaps certain of their CDN servers are acting up while others are fine, or certain CDN servers are a lot busier than others, in which case I suppose it could be a regional thing.

Hopefully they get the issue resolved soon so we can be sure that it fixes this issue users are having with the Discogs Tagger as well.

Thanks for sticking with it Let, your efforts working on this plugin are very much appreciated.

Ben
--
Ben
dmc89

Post by dmc89 »

Sorry if this has been asked for, but can I "lock" which fields to use every time I use auto-tag from Web? With Amazon, it'd remember not to put a tick mark on a box if I didn't need that field. Discogs keeps putting a tick mark on several boxes for each new album search.

With Discogs, I only need the date and/or original date field. Unfortunately, it's cumbersome to deselect fields like 'genre' and 'album' which I don't need. I'm trying to find the fastest way to auto tag my albums for release year so if someone knows a better way except for manually looking it up, I'd be very grateful.
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

Underneath the thumbnail of the album cover on the Discogs Tagger is a button that will save the settings you have chosen. After that they'll be used every time (until you next click the button with different options chosen).
--
Ben
dmc89

Post by dmc89 »

bmcclure wrote:Underneath the thumbnail of the album cover on the Discogs Tagger is a button that will save the settings you have chosen. After that they'll be used every time (until you next click the button with different options chosen).
*slap forehead* Thank you.
doughtizzle

Post by doughtizzle »

Anyone have any idea when this will be fully functional and without obsessive freezing?
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

I don't have any problem with excessive freezing or with the plugin being non-functional--care to elaborate on the issues you're having so that we can try to better assist?
--
Ben