Script to fix dumb Zen MX playlist format

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

pater_paranoja

Re: Script to fix dumb Zen MX playlist format

Post by pater_paranoja »

Hey Guys,
thanks a lot for the script!!
After hours and hours of trying to get along with this shitty creative centrale and the playlist problems i finally found sth. that works!
the_real

Post by the_real »

I hate the Creative Centrale.
So i tried the newest script here.
But is doesn't work for me.
I get an error: error #53 runtime error
the file was not found
file: "C:\...", Line:101, Column 4

I don't know why. can somone help me?
All is up2date. I have the 16 gb version of the zen mx...
stoffel

Post by stoffel »

the_real wrote:I hate the Creative Centrale.
So i tried the newest script here.
But is doesn't work for me.
I get an error: error #53 runtime error
the file was not found
file: "C:\...", Line:101, Column 4

I don't know why. can somone help me?
All is up2date. I have the 16 gb version of the zen mx...
Put a

messageBox(filespec, mtInformation, new Array(mbOk.toString()));

on line 101 just before

var f = objFso.GetFile(filespec),

and start again. Do the Filenames displayed now exist on your device?

Have you synchronized the playlist files correctly (via MM)? The mp3-Files must be available an your ZEN !!!!
Has the script found the correct driveletter of your ZEN? It tells you!

For testing set

OutDrive = "X:", (replace correct Driveletter)

and try again.

Tell me about your findings

Post by Guest »

Works like a charm. You guys are the best. MediaMonkey is the way to go. :D
Franco

Post by Franco »

I am completely new regarding jscript editing. Looks as though I don't just copy this into Windows explorer. So the question is can a total novice with jscript use your script, if so how do I apply it.
Hope I can because as someone else said I really do not like Centrale. Media Monkey is great but it is so frustrating that I can't transfer the playlists.
Thanks
Franco
Franco

Post by Franco »

Have copied all the files etc to the appropriate places, but Media Monkey gives me the error message "Zen MX Player found, but subdirectory '\Playlists' missing! when I try to run Script "Fix dumb MX ZEN Playlist" even though both "Playlist" & "Playlists" are seen by MM.
Could you help out here please, I can't see where the problem is.
Thanks
Franco
stoffel

Post by stoffel »

Franco wrote:Have copied all the files etc to the appropriate places, but Media Monkey gives me the error message "Zen MX Player found, but subdirectory '\Playlists' missing! when I try to run Script "Fix dumb MX ZEN Playlist" even though both "Playlist" & "Playlists" are seen by MM.
Could you help out here please, I can't see where the problem is.
Thanks
Franco
This message is shown, when the Zen is found but the correct playlist directory is missing.

Please have a look at your Zen folder structure. Normally there are 2 Driveletters assigned for the ZEN. The first is the players storage, the second is the SD-Card reader. Have a look at the first Driveletter assigned. Is there a subdirectory '\Playlists' or '\Playlist' on that drive? Normally there should be only '\Playlist' ! The Script tests for 'Playlist' and not 'Playlists' ! But the error message is different, have you changed the code? For a test set OutDrive = "Z:" in line 38, where Z: should be replaced by the driveletter you found above. Then test again. Shouldn't be too hard to find the problem :wink:
Franco

Post by Franco »

Many thanks, I really appreciate your efforts people, but this is still a problem, hope you can solve it.
Currently I do not have an SD card in the ZEN so only one drive listed.
There is a directory called 'Playlist' on the ZEN.
In the FixZenPlaylist.js file
OutDrive = "?",
OutDir = "\\Playlist",

I changed the drive letter firstly to L then Z as per your suggestion

Also changed the 'Playlist' to 'Playlists' ( This is what MM creates on the ZEN when I export or 'send to')
The error message is still .... '\Playlist' missing on whatever the named drive (only 'playlist' now instead of the plural)
As far as I can see there are no other alterations in the script. I do not really know enough about this to
attempt any other alterations anyway.
I copied the following direct from my file on C:\...\ MM\Scripts just to be sure the script is correct.

[FixZenMXPlaylist]
FileName=FixZenMXPlaylist.js
ProcName=FixZenMXPlaylist
Order=1
DisplayName=Fix dumb ZEN MX playlist
;DisplayName=Korrektur von ZEN MX Playlisten
Description=Fix dumb ZEN MX playlist
;Description=Korrektur von ZEN MX Playlisten
Language=JScript
ScriptType=0

The device is a ZEN MX 16gb. Exactly what do you have to do to 'send the PL to the ZEN' ?
It doesn't matter which method I use to put the files on the ZEN it creates a subdirectory called 'Playlists'. When I then try to run the fix file in MM the error is still 'ZEN player found, but subdirectory '\Playlist' is missing'. At least it sees the drive & is only hunting for '\Playlist' now.
Could the version of MM be a problem?

I use Kaspersky antivirus ... up to date, so I don't think there are any virus etc.
Franco
stoffel

Post by stoffel »

Franco wrote:Many thanks, I really appreciate your efforts people, but this is still a problem, hope you can solve it.
Currently I do not have an SD card in the ZEN so only one drive listed.
There is a directory called 'Playlist' on the ZEN.
In the FixZenPlaylist.js file
OutDrive = "?",
OutDir = "\\Playlist",

I changed the drive letter firstly to L then Z as per your suggestion

Also changed the 'Playlist' to 'Playlists' ( This is what MM creates on the ZEN when I export or 'send to')
The error message is still .... '\Playlist' missing on whatever the named drive (only 'playlist' now instead of the plural)
As far as I can see there are no other alterations in the script. I do not really know enough about this to
attempt any other alterations anyway.
I copied the following direct from my file on C:\...\ MM\Scripts just to be sure the script is correct.

[FixZenMXPlaylist]
FileName=FixZenMXPlaylist.js
ProcName=FixZenMXPlaylist
Order=1
DisplayName=Fix dumb ZEN MX playlist
;DisplayName=Korrektur von ZEN MX Playlisten
Description=Fix dumb ZEN MX playlist
;Description=Korrektur von ZEN MX Playlisten
Language=JScript
ScriptType=0

The device is a ZEN MX 16gb. Exactly what do you have to do to 'send the PL to the ZEN' ?
It doesn't matter which method I use to put the files on the ZEN it creates a subdirectory called 'Playlists'. When I then try to run the fix file in MM the error is still 'ZEN player found, but subdirectory '\Playlist' is missing'. At least it sees the drive & is only hunting for '\Playlist' now.
Could the version of MM be a problem?

I use Kaspersky antivirus ... up to date, so I don't think there are any virus etc.
Franco
Mmmh, still don't get the point ? There should be only a '\Playlist' on your ZEN. You have to configure MM accordingly: Go to Tools / Options / Portable Audio Devices. Select the Driveletter of your ZEN (is it L: ?) Goto Configure / Device configuration: Copy playlists options: Change Destination directory = '\Playlist\' (Without the 's' !)

Now send you Playlist to 'MyZEN' Device. This creates a playlist under '\Playlist' folder AND copies all the MP3 Files of the Playlist to the ZEN. Please verify! Then start my script with:

OutDrive = "L:",
OutDir = "\\Playlist",

It works !
Franco

Post by Franco »

Many, many thanks, yes it does indeed work!!! Wouldn't have got there without your help though.
I noticed that the "L" in the Outdrive didn't have a : ..... You were right about the configuration in MM, I took the S off the PL,
& for some reason MM also had 2 ZEN in its list of devices, so removed 1 of them in case it got confused.
Everything works!!!!! I was just about ready to throw this device to the birds.
Again my appreciation for your patient assistance.
Franco

Post by Guest »

Franco wrote:Many, many thanks, yes it does indeed work!!! Wouldn't have got there without your help though.
I noticed that the "L" in the Outdrive didn't have a : ..... You were right about the configuration in MM, I took the S off the PL,
& for some reason MM also had 2 ZEN in its list of devices, so removed 1 of them in case it got confused.
Everything works!!!!! I was just about ready to throw this device to the birds.
Again my appreciation for your patient assistance.
Franco
Fine! Try to replace the 'L:' with the original '?' in the script. It should autodetect the ZEN, even if the Driveletter changes.
Have fun ;-)
FlorianW

Post by FlorianW »

Many thanks for the script! I had the same problem on my Creative Zen Style 100 and nearly got desperate on it. It seems Creative doesn't get the hang of it.
I had to adapt the script a little bit:

in Line 180: put "USBSTOR\\Disk&Ven_Creative&Prod_ZEN_Style_Series&Rev_0200" to search for the this device.

I tried the beta of MM4 as suggested but couldn't find the option to use 8.3-filenames. And MM4 always put my drive letter in the playlists, making them unusable. I had to return to MM3.

Florian
stoffel

Post by stoffel »

FlorianW wrote:Many thanks for the script! I had the same problem on my Creative Zen Style 100 and nearly got desperate on it. It seems Creative doesn't get the hang of it.
I had to adapt the script a little bit:

in Line 180: put "USBSTOR\\Disk&Ven_Creative&Prod_ZEN_Style_Series&Rev_0200" to search for the this device.

I tried the beta of MM4 as suggested but couldn't find the option to use 8.3-filenames. And MM4 always put my drive letter in the playlists, making them unusable. I had to return to MM3.

Florian
Thanks for the patch, will merge it into the next version. MM4 problem: As soon as I switch to MM4, I will try an "Upgrade". Shoudn't be a problem. But: I think it makes no sens adding the driveletter to the playlist (strange!) Config problem?
PawWriter

Post by PawWriter »

Hello there,
I just tried running your script for the first time in the MM 4 (build 1399) beta. I got a error #53 runtime error, "File Not Found...Line 101, Column 0". Any ideas?

Just as a note, thank you so much for your tireless efforts to write this script and continue to support it. I have been pulling my hair out for almost a year and a half trying to find a playlist workaround.

And here's something for all of you other ZEN MX users to bang your head into a wall about: the ZEN MX SE, the version released not too long after the MX, was converted back to drag-and-drop, plug and play synchronization.

Thanks again in advance!

P.S. Has anyone found where in the beta you can set it to use the 8.3-style filenames?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I thought it was under Device Profile > Options > Playlists, but I no longer see it anywhere.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5933