New version http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0t8lx68w ... iTunes.dll http://www.mediafire.com/?ej1rjfb5cqp3x
This is mainly to support the sync for non-mp3 files into iTunes. The previous version could only sync mp3 files (it was hard coded). This actually satisfies the majority of my users so hasn't been a large problem.
The mp3 extension being hard-coded comes from MM converting tracks and not providing them with an appropriate file extension (in fact no extension is supplied). iTunes mandates a file extension so that it knows how to handle the file. MM has not changed and the hard-coding is present but there is a configuration entry that allows the user to change the default 'mp3' to their specific needs, say 'm4a'. For the time being the configuration entry is registry only i.e. no GUI.
Note that MM will convert tracks if
* There is an explicit auto-convert rule that applies
* Volume leveling is switched on
The format of the filename in the MMiTunesCache folder no longer has a fixed mp3 extension. They take the extension of the original file unless they are converted in which case they get the converted extension added (from the registry item HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Device\iTunes\convertedExtension). The one restriction that this implementation has is that converted files must be all have the same extension.
* launchItunesAutomatically default = false
* getItunesSourceList diag text added
* default cachecFolder made ..\MMiTunesCache i.e. caching is now the default.
* check added for the existence of the cache folder upon first usage. Create if not present
* diffv debug information gets additional number to id the attribute being changed
* When locked files are found in iTunes the retry delay is set to 10mS ie retry is virtually immediate
* Logging debug level re-assigned at start of sync so not to need a restart of MM
* Difference checking introduced when initially syncing to mimimise number of writes and eliminating the occassional EXCEPTION on slow single CPU machines
* Files in the cache folder are not forced to mp3 they retain the original extension
* Converted files in the cache folder receive a fixed extension (convertedExtension added to config, default 'mp3')