MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jusspickle

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Post by jusspickle »

Hello all, I just switched to media monkey because I defected from apple to a samsung note 2. I will have to go back to Apple if there is no solution to my problem. I have been carefully honing my iTunes library for almost 10 years it has 80,000 song of which, I have rated almost 50,000, from what I understand this plug in should be able to sync the ratings and play counts made in media monkey to iTunes. Is that correct? I'm currenly on mm 4.0.7.1511 and itunes 10.7.0.21 the "d_itunes4.dll on media-0e5vai0re" shows up in MM but when I sync it it doesn't make any changes to itunes Please help!!! I only have 6 day to return my samsung phone PLEASE Thank You
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

jusspickle wrote:Hello all, I just switched to media monkey because I defected from apple to a samsung note 2. I will have to go back to Apple if there is no solution to my problem. I have been carefully honing my iTunes library for almost 10 years it has 80,000 song of which, I have rated almost 50,000, from what I understand this plug in should be able to sync the ratings and play counts made in media monkey to iTunes. Is that correct? I'm currenly on mm 4.0.7.1511 and itunes 10.7.0.21 the "d_itunes4.dll on media-0e5vai0re" shows up in MM but when I sync it it doesn't make any changes to itunes Please help!!! I only have 6 day to return my samsung phone PLEASE Thank You
Check with nohitter151 send him an pm click the pm button under his name when you sign in to the forum you will see the button. He should know just what to do and should answer you fast, but also lowlander and some others here might help. You could send pm's to as many members that posted in this thread that you think can answer you. Except me i dont have any apple stuff. I'm a android and pc user.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
mkny13

Post by mkny13 »

I had my own recent problems with the plugin but not related to iTunes. No trouble with v11 for me. YMMV.
jpublic wrote:Just an FYI to any relevant users, it looks like there are some issues with iTunes v11 and this plugin. Try to stick with iTunes v10.
theax

Post by theax »

Hi again!

I have been using the plugin for more than a year and it has been great. I recently got some form of virus which led me to re-install Windows 7 completely. I took a backup of Mediamonke files and re-installed W7 and MM and itunes. i copied my backup to the specified location and opened MM. Everything looked great, all the files were there with playcounts, ratings and last played. I then tried to sync with itunes and now it seems the plugin has erased my itunes library (although the itunes files are not deleted). The message I get now is that itunes library is empty and it prompts me not to continue as there seems to be a communication problem with itunes. What should i do?

The Ax
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

theax wrote:Hi again!

I have been using the plugin for more than a year and it has been great. I recently got some form of virus which led me to re-install Windows 7 completely. I took a backup of Mediamonke files and re-installed W7 and MM and itunes. i copied my backup to the specified location and opened MM. Everything looked great, all the files were there with playcounts, ratings and last played. I then tried to sync with itunes and now it seems the plugin has erased my itunes library (although the itunes files are not deleted). The message I get now is that itunes library is empty and it prompts me not to continue as there seems to be a communication problem with itunes. What should i do?

The Ax
This looks more like an new device id number error maybe the script for finding / fixing hard drive id errors will fix this one?
I believe bex wrote the script i might be wrong though could have been some othe member?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
theax

Post by theax »

Hi, i solved my problem by using another computer with my backed-up database (or rather, the complete MM folder). It seems to be working now, the plugin is copying all my tracks again (10000+, nearly 24 hours...).

I would like to have my MM database along with all the plugin settings etc. installed on my network drive instead of my local computer to avoid any similar event in the future. Will the plugin work in such a setting?

The Ax
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Yes. Install MM as a portable installation alongside your mp3 folders. Also position the MMiTunes folder on the same drive.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
theax

Post by theax »

Thanks! I will try that. I have recently installed Windows 8 on one of my computers and have tried to copy the MM.db to my server and changed the ini-file accordingly. I have also set up a separete Itunes on that machine and tried out the plugin on that setup. It seems to be working fine. If that is something that "should" work it would be preferable to have a "portable" setup due to OS-integration? Any thoughts on that?
littlebearjr

Post by littlebearjr »

Hi there!

First off, this is a genius plugin, WOW!

Unfortunately for me, I am running mediamonkey in Parallels on a Mac, and my itunes is running in Mac osx. Is there any update on making this work for me?

Thanks for this, looking forward to getting it working!
plomphy

Post by plomphy »

Hey there,

This is my first time trying to use the plugin, but I have a problem.
My laptop is a 10 inch screen, and i physically can't scroll down to hit "apply" after choosing what I want on auto sync (it's like the program doesn't fit the screen..)
Is there any way you can help me..?:(

Thank you!!
gernot08

Post by gernot08 »

Hi there,
this script used to work for me since months, now I get errors when i try to sync to Itunes:

after clicking Ignore all:

anything I could look into?
I am running Media Monkey 4.1.0.1617 gold, Itunes 11
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

gernot08 wrote:Hi there,
this script used to work for me since months, now I get errors when i try to sync to Itunes:

anything I could look into?
I am running Media Monkey 4.1.0.1617 gold, Itunes 11
I had the same exact problem with MM 4.1.0.1617 gold and Itunes 10. I fixed it by going back to the latest 4.0.x release. It appears that the plugin has not been updated for 4.1.x yet.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
gernot08

Post by gernot08 »

Thank you theta_wave, I will go back to 4.0 then. Do You also have problems with itunes4_dll changing playcounts and dates? Whenever i sync to Itunes playstats of some tracks go back to an older date.
addMitt

Post by addMitt »

Can anyone tell me if this will work?

I'm trying to get my iTunes library into MediaMonkey. All files are stored locally on a hard drive. All artwork is separate and linked individually (no iTunes artwork). No iTunes store music. All mp3.

Using this plugin, can I drag all songs from my iTunes library "device" into my MediaMonkey library and have it build a MediaMonkey library with only the songs from my iTunes library, all play counts/ratings etc intact?

I'm trying to duplicate my iTunes library instead of importing the same music folders the normal way and getting some files that I don't want in the process.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

gernot08 wrote:Thank you theta_wave, I will go back to 4.0 then. Do You also have problems with itunes4_dll changing playcounts and dates? Whenever i sync to Itunes playstats of some tracks go back to an older date.
Early on yes. After testing it just now, it seems to playcounts and dates just fine.

Here's my config:
"Image
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin