MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

theta_wave

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Post by theta_wave »

Lately the progress bar "Synchronizing d_itunes4.dll on <computer name>:" does not terminate after updating itunes successfully. Right click "Terminate" does not do anything. Any ideas?
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
elliah

Post by elliah »

i'm using the latest version of the plugin with MM4 release 1476 with my 4th Gen iPod touch running on iOS5.0.1. I'm using version itunes 10.6. Basically everything works well in terms of syncing however there are certain tracks that no matter how i select them in the options (location, artist, album etc), just refuse to sync into itunes. they are mp3 format. does anyone else have this problem?
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Faults like this have been tracked to specific oddities with the tracks e.g. trailing dots in the titles, exceptionally long or short lengths. I've seen many of these but always managed to pin it down eventually.

I assume that you have no exceptions being reported. What ever the problem, collect some debug information here and I'll try to diagnose.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
markstuartwalker

theta_wave wrote:Is anyone having any issue with this plugin not assigning the correct "type" to podcasts and audiobooks in iTunes? I mean, the same files under mediamonkey have their "type" field correctly filled.
This is a known deficiency since MM3 days. The podcasts will appear as music tracks. Is that such a bad thing?
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
markstuartwalker

lindholm wrote:What's the best way to force the plugin to re-process all the songs?

I want to change the encoding option for my songs so I want it to re-convert all the songs that iTunes knows about

Thanks

George
Simply open iTunes manually, select the songs to refresh and delete them from the music library. At the next sync they will be replaced by copies from MM.

MM is supposed to do this anyway. Tracks that have a certain auto-convert rule applied to them are refreshed if the rule is changed. I'm not entirely convinced that this works successfully in all cases. I suspect that it falsely triggers at time resulting in unnecessary re-converts.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

markstuartwalker wrote:
theta_wave wrote:Is anyone having any issue with this plugin not assigning the correct "type" to podcasts and audiobooks in iTunes? I mean, the same files under mediamonkey have their "type" field correctly filled.
This is a known deficiency since MM3 days. The podcasts will appear as music tracks. Is that such a bad thing?
I like to have my podcasts appear as podcasts under my ipod touch. I rather not have them comingled with my music tracks when I'm listening to my ipod on random, that is all. Anyways, since I wrote that msg, I just let itunes handle selected podcasts--likewise for audiobooks.
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Is anyone's last played timestamp off? For instance, I listened to a tune on my ipod touch (song "X") and then I sync my ipod to itunes, upping the playcount to track X together with the time it was last played (10:00 p.m.). When I sync using d_itunes4.dll, the added playcount is added to Mediamonkey. However, the time last played is listed as 3:00 p.m. in Mediamonkey, a difference of 7 hours. I know this may be minor issue, but I want to report it anyways.
markstuartwalker

No known problems on time offsets. There have been issues of locale which cause day and month reversal. Are you a non-English user?
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

markstuartwalker wrote:No known problems on time offsets. There have been issues of locale which cause day and month reversal. Are you a non-English user?
Nope, all my locale settings in Win7 are set to US.
reecemj

How to delete I_Tunes4 plugin

Post by reecemj »

I want to try the new beta MM. How do I delete the ITunes plugin? I don't see it in uninstall programs.

Thanks

Reece
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
TwinTraveller

Re: How to delete I_Tunes4 plugin

Post by TwinTraveller »

reecemj wrote:I want to try the new beta MM. How do I delete the ITunes plugin? I don't see it in uninstall programs.
In MediaMonkey, select Tools > Extensions... from the menu. The dialog should show all of your plugins. Select the plugin you wish to remove and click the "Uninstall" button.
TwinTraveller

Post by TwinTraveller »

theta_wave wrote:Is anyone's last played timestamp off? For instance, I listened to a tune on my ipod touch (song "X") and then I sync my ipod to itunes, upping the playcount to track X together with the time it was last played (10:00 p.m.). When I sync using d_itunes4.dll, the added playcount is added to Mediamonkey. However, the time last played is listed as 3:00 p.m. in Mediamonkey, a difference of 7 hours. I know this may be minor issue, but I want to report it anyways.
I have a similar issue:
- Music played on my iPhone show up with a correct Last Played timestamp in iTunes, but when synchronizing to MediaMonkey, it show up as 2 hours later.
- When playing music in MediaMonkey, and synchronizing to iTunes, the Last Played timestamp is identical, i.e. there is no offset between the two.

With current DST, I'm currently 2 hours ahead of UTC/GMT so I suspect this may somehow be part of the root cause.

- Region & Language Formarts: English (Ireland) with custom yyyy-MM-dd date format
- Timezone: (UTC + 01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris, with DST enabled

Hope this helps.
TwinTraveller

Post by TwinTraveller »

After having used the iTunes synchronization with success for several weeks, I'm now being confronted with the following issue:
- When starting the sync, the plugin successfully determines the file to be synced.
- Conversion from FLAC to MP3 is started, and conversion files are stored in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp. During this phase, there is a high load on the CPU
- MM GUI remains unchanged at stating "Synchronizing iTunes on COMPUTERNAME: (Copying 1 of xxxx: Artist - Song)

In other words, it appears as if the conversion of the files is successful, but that the files somehow do not get transferred to the cache folder (on a network drive). This has worked before, and I have verified that I have the necessary privileges to copy files from the temp folder to the cache folder.

Some additional info:
- The process in MM appears to remain active, although after some time there is no more CPU usage, presumably when all files have been converted but not copied. Manually terminating the process does not succeed, also closing MM does not success as it will remain active in the task scheduler.
- When attemtping to close iTunes, a message is shown stating that "One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. Are you sure you want to quit?"
- Running with debug level 3, I get the following entry in the log file: d_itunes4.dll 2438 17:35:41 EXCEPTION DEVICE_UploadTrack EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0BB219FD in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000

Any insight as to what might be causing this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
TwinTraveller

Post by Guest »

TwinTraveller wrote:After having used the iTunes synchronization with success for several weeks, I'm now being confronted with the following issue:
- When starting the sync, the plugin successfully determines the file to be synced.
- Conversion from FLAC to MP3 is started, and conversion files are stored in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp. During this phase, there is a high load on the CPU
- MM GUI remains unchanged at stating "Synchronizing iTunes on COMPUTERNAME: (Copying 1 of xxxx: Artist - Song)
After trying nearly everything I could think of, including clearing my entire iTunes music library, I finally decided to rollback from version 4.0.4.2438 to version 4.0.3.2357. Although it will take some hours to complete, it appears that this has fixed my issue for now.
guapo

Post by guapo »

elliah wrote:Basically everything works well in terms of syncing however there are certain tracks that no matter how i select them in the options (location, artist, album etc), just refuse to sync into itunes. they are mp3 format. does anyone else have this problem?
EDIT:
Glad this is a known problem. I have the same here. Mark said that the file-lenghts or oddities in the tags might be a problem. I analiysed now quickly which tracks dont get synced. I most of the cases only one track from the same album gets synced, the rest not. The filenames have all the same structure and similar length. My library is highly ordered in terms of folder-naming. For example I have 48 albums named "Vol.1 (1935-1936)" up to "Vol.48 (1973-1975)" and none of them gets synced completley, most dont get synced at all. As I said these Tags are all really similar except for their Album-tag. Until now I couldnt pin down the oddities as there doesnt seem to be a regular structure in what gets synced and what doesnt...

Im running updated plugin 4.0.4.2438 and MM 4.0.5.1496 and sync the tracks only with its <ID> to a MM-itunes folder.

EDIT2: in some tags there was a hidden sign, a tabulator sign I guess, coming from copy-pasting from a list in the internet. As soon as I corrected them, the tags got synced correctly. Others still dont get synced...and I checked for hidden signs. Also removel of special signs like ' doesnt help getting the guys synced.